PDA

View Full Version : different types of poker

iluzion
07-05-2005, 12:53 AM
How many of you regularly play different types of poker? I'm trying to alternate between 6max and full ring limit and its confusing me more than I think it should, maybe because I'll only play one for a week or two then try the other for a bit. Do (or did) any of you have trouble with some variation like this or an even more different one (like NL and FL)?

timprov
07-05-2005, 01:26 AM
I've been mixing 6-Max and full ring recently, and not having much trouble. I also mix in a lot of Triple Draw, and used to mix in some Stud/8. I think mixing in different games has been very helpful to my play.

eric5148
07-05-2005, 01:44 AM
I like to play some .5/1 Omaha 8. Even though I lose at it, it's a nice change of pace. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

umdpoker
07-05-2005, 01:52 AM
i switch between fl and nl a lot. i prefer limit, but when the nl tables look too good to pass up, i'll take a break from fl for a while. when i am in a slump, its also nice to go to nl for a while and relax. whenever i do this, my limit game almost always gets much better(more aggressive). it helps get me out of my passive mood if i have been getting raped by retards for a few days in a row.