PDA

View Full Version : Port forwarding? D-Link router? Bittorrent speeds? Someone please help

splashpot
07-04-2005, 09:45 PM
I've been suffering from poor bittorrent speeds. Also, my internet sometimes lags a great deal when I am downloading a file. So I did a little searching. I found that I might have to enable port forwarding on my router (I have no idea what this means). I use a laptop that connects through a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. In order to configure the router, my manuel tells me to type "http://192.168.0.1" into my web browser. It also says the username is "admin" and the password should be blank. However, when I try this, it won't let me in. Can anyone help me?

JoePro
07-04-2005, 11:08 PM
It could be the opposite. Blank username and password is 'admin'. That's what mine is set to. Otherwise, try resetting the router and try again.

NateDog
07-05-2005, 12:40 AM
I have the same router. The username is admin, pass word is left blank. Call D-link. 24/7 customer support, and they are very, very good. I've called at least half a dozen times.

hopp
07-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Make sure the user name (admin) is in lower case. If that dosen't work you can reset it to the factory defaults by sticking a paperclip in the little hole in the back where it says "Reset", and push the reset button down for 10 seconds. Then see if you can login with the user name admin, and a blank password.

splashpot
07-05-2005, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Make sure the user name (admin) is in lower case. If that dosen't work you can reset it to the factory defaults by sticking a paperclip in the little hole in the back where it says "Reset", and push the reset button down for 10 seconds. Then see if you can login with the user name admin, and a blank password.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've already tried this. Didn't work. I'll try calling support tonight. Thanks for the tips though. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

fooz
07-05-2005, 01:00 PM
You might check this site (http://www.portforward.com).

They have sections specific to each router. And incredibly detailed instructions for port-forwarding by router and by application.