Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Port forwarding? D-Link router? Bittorrent speeds? Someone please help

I've been suffering from poor bittorrent speeds. Also, my internet sometimes lags a great deal when I am downloading a file. So I did a little searching. I found that I might have to enable port forwarding on my router (I have no idea what this means). I use a laptop that connects through a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. In order to configure the router, my manuel tells me to type "http://192.168.0.1" into my web browser. It also says the username is "admin" and the password should be blank. However, when I try this, it won't let me in. Can anyone help me?
Old 07-04-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Port forwarding? D-Link router? Bittorrent speeds? Someone please help

It could be the opposite. Blank username and password is 'admin'. That's what mine is set to. Otherwise, try resetting the router and try again.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Port forwarding? D-Link router? Bittorrent speeds? Someone please

I have the same router. The username is admin, pass word is left blank. Call D-link. 24/7 customer support, and they are very, very good. I've called at least half a dozen times.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:58 AM

Make sure the user name (admin) is in lower case. If that dosen't work you can reset it to the factory defaults by sticking a paperclip in the little hole in the back where it says "Reset", and push the reset button down for 10 seconds. Then see if you can login with the user name admin, and a blank password.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure the user name (admin) is in lower case. If that dosen't work you can reset it to the factory defaults by sticking a paperclip in the little hole in the back where it says "Reset", and push the reset button down for 10 seconds. Then see if you can login with the user name admin, and a blank password.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've already tried this. Didn't work. I'll try calling support tonight. Thanks for the tips though. Let me know if you have any other ideas.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:00 PM

You might check this site.

They have sections specific to each router. And incredibly detailed instructions for port-forwarding by router and by application.