PDA

View Full Version : Broadway vs Full house.

angelo alba
02-06-2003, 10:36 PM
At a NL tourney you contest a hand against only one other opponent. It's relatively early and neither of you is short stacked.

On the turn you make an ace high straigt, rainbow. You put him on a set. He goes all in.

What are the odds of the board pairing on 5th street? And given the NLHE tourney scenario, would you call?

Jimbo
02-06-2003, 11:54 PM
We need to know if one of your hole cards pairs a card on the board to be precise. If not from your perspective he has 11 cards out of 44 unknown possible with which to win, this includes quads not just the full house possibilities. Which gives him a 25% chance to win, from his perspective it is a little less since he does not know your hand. Yes I would beat him in the pot and ask him to be sure he has no more chips hidden under his drink glass!

However the odds aside I can tell you from experience the board will pair 100% of the time under this exact scenario. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Bozeman
02-07-2003, 02:17 AM
Should be only 10 outs to FH (3 cards that can pair * 3 each=9) or Quads (1 card).

Billybean
02-07-2003, 06:33 AM
you are a 5;1 favorite.

Would I call? I would jump up and thank you....lol
I needed your chips......lol
Thanks for the gift.....lol

Jimbo
02-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Oops! Dunno where I came up with the extra draw, DOH!