PDA

View Full Version : slang phrase

Billybean
02-06-2003, 10:09 PM
What hand is referred to as a pup?

What hold'em flop is defined as a "nuclear flop"?

Acesover8s
02-07-2003, 03:34 AM
#1 whoknows
#2 AAA

Side note. Playing Omaha Hilo tourney today on pokerstars. I have a234 or something, I have an ace either way.

Flop comes AAA. Whats the best way to play this hand? Well, bet of course. Bet the flop called in 3 places. Check the turn. All Check. Bet the river again, all call again. Weird, didn't expect so much action.

pudley4
02-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Hey, I didn't know you posted here too. Looks like I found another person to avoid playing against at TruePoker /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Vehn
02-07-2003, 11:57 AM
I think a pup is a wheel.

A few months back I sit down at a hold'em table and take the big blind. There's about 4 limpers and I check with AJ offsuit. Flop is A A A, I bet out and get 2 people to call me down on the river. One of them says "I can't believe you just bet that out" and I deadpan "I thought I had the best hand".

scalf
02-07-2003, 02:31 PM
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif shoulda also said you were worried about ak and aq..lol..gl /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Acesover8s
02-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Avoid playing against me? What? My money spends just as well as anyone elses. . .

Did you end up winning the WSOP tourney?

Later,

pudley4
02-07-2003, 04:32 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Avoid playing against me? What? My money spends just as well as anyone elses. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but somehow I think it'll be a little harder to get your money than most other people's. It's probably a good idea to avoid anyone who made the final table and also posts here /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Unfortunately I didn't win.

flushattack survived when he went all-in on the turn with KT vs my Q9, board: QJ2TT. Then figo knocked me out with J6 vs my A2, board: TT7JJ.

It was fun though, and 3rd isn't too bad /forums/images/icons/smile.gif