PDA

View Full Version : Playing weird hole cards

Gene2x
06-28-2005, 07:10 AM
As an experiment, at a $2-$4 and then a $3-$6 table, I started playing low one and two gap suited or unsuited hands like 47, 53, etc. I would call two bets cold with them, even out of position. What characterized the tables was that I could count on at least 4 or 5 players seeing the flop. I would look for straight draws, two pair, even one pair with no high cards on the board, runner-runner, etc- basically your nightmare low-limit player if you're trying to play by the book. I made $500 in 4 hours.

After cashing out, I tried the experiment again with $50. I built it up to $160 but then lost it all as I didn't adjust to the table changing to tight/aggressive with only 2 to 3 players seeing the flop.

I guess my point is that any two cards really can win, but you have to be able to change gears depending on the nature of the table.

Webster
06-28-2005, 07:16 AM
you are kidding right?

halis123456789
06-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Hey man, good job. If you really win playing like that $500 in 4 hours = $125/hour..NICE!!! Keep up the good work! In fact come play at the $2/$4 on UltimateBet. I've met all your brothers and sisters and they play just like you!

Nick C
06-28-2005, 08:10 AM
I'll respond just in case you're serious.

The strategy you're describing is really bad.

It can, however, win in the short-term.

Gene2x
06-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Yeah. I was serious. I was pretty stunned but happy to have the money. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I felt this couldn't last, that's why I cashed out right away. I also noticed that other players where playing the same way and winning.

Some of the bigger pots I lost were to other players who would play a hand like 47 when I had 53 and the board would come 5Q369. Players would play and push AA, KK, AK, AQ, KQ, QJ, QT, A5, A3, A2, etc. really hard pre-flop and post-flop making for nice pots.

Like I said, the tables where this worked was were many players made and called raises pre and post-flop (loose aggressive). This strategy went nowhere in a tight-aggressive setting.

QTip
06-28-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, the tables where this worked was were many players made and called raises pre and post-flop (loose aggressive). This strategy went nowhere in a tight-aggressive setting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got lucky is all. It has nothing to do with tables settings.

krimson
06-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Your right, any two will do. (implied odds!)

thejameser
06-28-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got lucky is all. It has nothing to do with tables settings.

[/ QUOTE ]