PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding some subroutine libraries

MtnDave
06-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Hi - Just got my Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and wanted to try it out by writing a poker hand analysis program. So I am looking for some subroutine libraries for dealing cards, ranking hands, etc. I need the source code since I will be evaluating 4 card poker hands where three of a kind beats a flush, etc.

I haven't done this sort of thing for several years. A long time ago, I used the AltaVista search engine (long before the Google boys were even in college) as it was the best for finding source code on the Internet. I don't know what works these days and am hoping readers of this forum can help me. Thanks.

OrcaDK
06-26-2005, 08:32 PM
I have no idea what language you're writing in. I don't think there exists any such libraries for any .NET languagues yet. You might want to take a look at "PokerSource" at Sourceforge. It's written in Java, should be translatable.

MtnDave
06-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Thanks, I'll check out SourceForge.

I did GUI development for over 10 years using C and C++.
Our company switched GUI development to Java (to be web-based). I tried to learn Java but instead decided to retire. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif (One language too many syndrome.)

Libraries in C, C++, C# or Basic would be fine.

JoePro
06-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Windows comes with a DLL to display a deck of cards. It's called cards32.dll. Here's a sample (http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=1332) on how to use it. Source code is for vb5/6, but it should be fairly easy to adapt for .NET

MtnDave
06-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Thanks.