PDA

View Full Version : oh God, what have I done????

Alobar
06-25-2005, 11:43 PM
So this girl I just started dating, wont shut up about how great a show the "OC" is. She's got season 1 on DVD and lent it to me, telling me I have to watch it. She went out of town for the weekend, and I figured I'd start watching them while she was gone. That way when she comes back and asks me about it, I can talk a little bit like I watched them so she knows Im showing an interest in stuff she likes.

Now, I was completely unexcited about this show. It just looked stupid, like bad beverly hills 90210 remake. Well, I started watching it, and its awful, just the first couple episodes, the plot is so cheesy and doesnt even make sense. It makes my eyes feel like they want to bleed. It's so awful in fact, that now I'm hooked /images/graemlins/frown.gif Its like I have to know what happens next, even tho its complete trash. Ive spent all day watching this crap, and I still have 20 eps to go. So my life is now ruined for however long it takes me to finish this thing. And then there is season two...

I feel so dirty inside...

climber
06-25-2005, 11:47 PM
those seasons of shows on DVD can suck you dry. i know the feeling.
at least it only happened to me with seinfeld, west wing and alias.

fluxrad
06-25-2005, 11:47 PM
s/The OC/24/

ggbman
06-25-2005, 11:48 PM
It took me like 2 days to watch the whole first season of 24 on DVD.

wacki
06-25-2005, 11:49 PM
I was hospitalized once by pneumonia. Couldn't move for 2 weeks and was drugged up pretty badly. My sister sat at my side and watched soaps. Being too sick to scream I was forced to watch.

[ QUOTE ]
It's so awful in fact, that now I'm hooked Its like I have to know what happens next, even tho its complete trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean.

wacki
06-25-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
s/The OC/24/

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't speak perl

Edge34
06-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Its a dirty little addiction...like heroin on TV. I don't know how old you are, and that will of course be a factor in how much you like/hate the show. I for one watch it and admit to it. Not because its great writing, not because of groundbreaking characters. Its the farthest thing from great drama, especially in season 1, but near the end of that season and through season 2, it gets better. A lot better.

Oh yeah, its got Rachel Bilson and Mischa Barton. Two reasons to watch it if you can't find any others.

mmbt0ne
06-25-2005, 11:52 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
It took me like 2 days to watch the whole first season of 24 on DVD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak man. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I watched the first season in 30 hours during finals week. I watched the second season in 22 hours.

God, I love Jack Bauer.

fluxrad
06-25-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
s/The OC/24/

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't speak perl

[/ QUOTE ]

You lose points for thinking that's specific to perl.

[censored]
06-26-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
those seasons of shows on DVD can suck you dry. i know the feeling.
at least it only happened to me with seinfeld, west wing and alias.

[/ QUOTE ]

24, Star trek DS9, smallville, sopranos, oz

masse75
06-26-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I started watching it, and its awful, just the first couple episodes, the plot is so cheesy and doesnt even make sense. It makes my eyes feel like they want to bleed. It's so awful in fact, that now I'm hooked /images/graemlins/frown.gif Its like I have to know what happens next, even tho its complete trash. Ive spent all day watching this crap, and I still have 20 eps to go. So my life is now ruined for however long it takes me to finish this thing. And then there is season two...

I feel so dirty inside...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 34...went thru the same thing with 90210. It took people a while to figure out that I was using the term "'Bro" because of it.