PDA

View Full Version : [Music] I don't care what anyone says...

Jack of Arcades
06-25-2005, 08:01 PM
..."La La" by Ashlee Simpson is a [censored] awesome song.

Discuss.

CallMeIshmael
06-25-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not the gay jack

[/ QUOTE ]

I am starting to have my doubts... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

(never heard the song, so I cant say)

Jack of Arcades
06-25-2005, 08:11 PM
You can watch the video here (http://www.josephkahn.com).

istewart
06-25-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can contemplate killing Joe Simpson for ever boning his wife here (http://www.josephkahn.com).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

CallMeIshmael
06-25-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can contemplate killing Joe Simpson for ever boning his wife here (http://www.josephkahn.com).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with Elliott over here, and say that was pretty lame.

vulturesrow
06-25-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then we wouldnt have Jessica Simpson.

istewart
06-25-2005, 08:57 PM
BTW "Say My Name" and "Toxic" are both better songs/videos.

billyjex
06-25-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. just wow.

istewart
06-25-2005, 09:07 PM
The "Thong Song" video sure seems a lot more gay than when it came out.

CallMeIshmael
06-25-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The "Thong Song" video sure seems a lot more gay than when it came out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades
06-25-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW "Say My Name" and "Toxic" are both better songs/videos.

[/ QUOTE ]

No to both.

I will, however, agree that "Everybody" is.

tbach24
06-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Also, anyone who doesn't like Maroon 5 sucks. They make great music. The song they released "This Love" is a piece of [censored] but "Shiver" and "The Sun" are great songs and most of the rest of the CD is good.

The Whisper Song by the Ying Yang Twins is so ridiculously cool too.

One of my favorite songs is "Let Me Love You" by Mario.

Avril Lavigne makes some great songs (Complicated and Nobody's Home are awesome)

Flame away.

SpearsBritney
06-25-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've mistaken some ridiculously cool song for the most annoying song in history.

istewart
06-25-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, anyone who doesn't like Maroon 5 sucks. They make great music. The song they released "This Love" is a piece of [censored] but "Shiver" and "The Sun" are great songs and most of the rest of the CD is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1725631&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

Jack of Arcades
06-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Well, I agree with, uh complicated.

tbach24
06-25-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1725631&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you given the entire CD a listen? They make good music. You just can't be looking for Led Zeppelin or the Beatles every time you listen to music. There are different types you know.

GuyOnTilt
06-25-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you given the entire CD a listen? They make good music. You just can't be looking for Led Zeppelin or the Beatles every time you listen to music. There are different types you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really should just stop now.

GoT

CallMeIshmael
06-25-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really should just stop now.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure that you have the power to make that happen.

KDawgCometh
06-25-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can watch the video here (http://www.josephkahn.com).

[/ QUOTE ]

that's three and a half minutes that I am never getting back ever again. the Jammiroqui video was pretty cool, weird, but cool

KDawgCometh
06-25-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Avril Lavigne makes some great songs (Complicated and Nobody's Home are awesome)

Flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]

no need to flame when everyone is just shaking their heads in disbelief. I think your post speaks for itself

Emmitt2222
06-25-2005, 10:41 PM
tbach, you just have to learn to admit you listen to crappy music. I myself love crappy music, but Im not going to lie to myself that it is really well written or anything. I have Kelly Clarkson on my iPod, its not good, but its fun to listen to from time to time. I also have good music too, Im just not a music snob who is super selective or can only listen to certifiable gold.

bort411
06-25-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you're asking for it, let's break down the chorus rhyme scheme for "Nobody's Home":

She wants to go home
But nobody's home
That's where she lies
Broken inside
With no place to go
No place to go
To dry her eyes
Broken inside

Home/home: Is it that hard to come up with something that rhymes with home? Could she say "home" a few more times in this song?

lies/inside: Umm...these words don't really rhyme.

go/go: See home/home.

eyes/inside: Again, this is a slant rhyme at best.

I suppose "eyes" and "lies" rhyme with each other, and that may be the intent. Regardless, for a pop song, this is terribly weak songwriting, even for a woman.

I won't get into my problems with the word "punk" being associated with this broad, but I will say that I hope she dies in a firey car crash on her way to the bank.

Jack of Arcades
06-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Don't badmouth Clarkson. She's a goddess, and I know like half the forum has my back on that.

Emmitt2222
06-25-2005, 10:47 PM
oh I think Clarkson is sweet, but I dont think her music can be considered higher listening, thats all Im saying. I probably like her more than most.

KDawgCometh
06-25-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't badmouth Clarkson. She's a goddess, and I know like half the forum has my back on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't know about her being a godess, but I'd definetly stick it in her pooper

mmbt0ne
06-25-2005, 10:55 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I have Kelly Clarkson on my iPod, its not good, but its fun to listen to from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the rookie league of crappy music. I have both Hilary Duff cds. Memorized.

Ulysses
06-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Avril Lavigne does indeed have a lot of songs that rule. Maroon 5, however, sucks even worse than Creed.

craig r
06-25-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Avril Lavigne does indeed have a lot of songs that rule. Maroon 5, however, sucks even worse than Creed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I really can't think of two worse bands. But, is Maroon 5 really worse than Creed? I pretty much put Creed at a good barometer of the worst possible type of music and lyrics.

craig

CallMeIshmael
06-25-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much put Creed at a good barometer of the worst possible type of music and lyrics.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) Its pronounced 'ther-mo-me-ter'

B) I have also used creed as the lowest point of reference. I have never listened to maroon 5. Somewhat like watching an accident, I think I have to download some of their stuff.

Edge34
06-25-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I won't get into my problems with the word "punk" being associated with this broad, but I will say that I hope she dies in a firey car crash on her way to the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

She does not refer to herself as "punk". She may have some punk influences, but she's never put herself in that category. You can thank music media for that. She can sing a bit too, don't hate.

CallMeIshmael
06-25-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is terribly weak songwriting, even for a woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt a good thing to say, even for a retard.

Edge34
06-25-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...I'm sure this has been discussed before. Is Scott Stapp a major league fu[/i]ckup? Sure, why not. He forgot words to the songs at a concert. But really, there is much, much worse music out there than Creed. Has anybody here listened to Blink 182? That's just a start.

Oh yeah, and the whole Christian thing. I never saw it as a problem...so yeah, I guess I'm admitting to liking Creed...flame away?

climber
06-26-2005, 12:00 AM
that is the most blinging mid 80's chryseler minivan ever

bort411
06-26-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really want to get into this, but I'll elaborate by stating that I believe women to have the exact same potential as men when considering songwriters. However, they simply don't write songs very well in actuality. Make a list of your 10 favorite songwriters: how many are women? For me it's 2. For most I imagine it is less.

[censored]
06-26-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, anyone who doesn't like Maroon 5 sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the option between sucking and having to like ans listen to Maroon 5, I'll choose sucking and its not even close.

Seriously dude, Maroon [censored] 5!

CallMeIshmael
06-26-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Make a list of your 10 favorite songwriters: how many are women? For me it's 2. For most I imagine it is less.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be said about a lot of things (literature, film, science, politics.. the list goes on).

But, just because their were prejudice's against women that made them less able to succeed in certain fields doesnt make your comment any less wrong.

[censored]
06-26-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make a list of your 10 favorite songwriters: how many are women? For me it's 2. For most I imagine it is less.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be said about a lot of things (literature, film, science, politics.. the list goes on).

But, just because their were prejudice's against women that made them less able to succeed in certain fields doesnt make your comment any less wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, bitches suck at lots of stuff, song writing in certainly one of them. Your not going to get laid here man, no need to be the nice guy, you can be honest.

bort411
06-26-2005, 01:26 AM
This post belongs in the politics forum; it's just grossly PC. I made a comment that was mysogonistic, but still true.

KDawgCometh
06-26-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SInce I can't name a top ten(sorry lists like that are weak), I'll give you three great female songwriters off the top of my head, Carole King, Joni Mitchell, and Chrissy Hynde, should I go on, no okay, you have now been proven wrong.

Jack of Arcades
06-26-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really want to get into this, but I'll elaborate by stating that I believe women to have the exact same potential as men when considering songwriters. However, they simply don't write songs very well in actuality. Make a list of your 10 favorite songwriters: how many are women? For me it's 2. For most I imagine it is less.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of the men on your list were from before twenty years ago in a very male dominated industry?

bort411
06-26-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SInce I can't name a top ten(sorry lists like that are weak), I'll give you three great female songwriters off the top of my head, Carole King, Joni Mitchell, and Chrissy Hynde, should I go on, no okay, you have now been proven wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

How was I proven wrong? I like Joni Mitchell, and I fully support the fact that she is a better songwriter than Avril. As someone who likes these 3 women, do you actually disagree with my assertion that "her songwriting is weak, even for a woman"? You seem to be validating my point.

zephed
06-26-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...I'm sure this has been discussed before. Is Scott Stapp a major league fu[/i]ckup? Sure, why not. He forgot words to the songs at a concert. But really, there is much, much worse music out there than Creed. Has anybody here listened to Blink 182? That's just a start.

Oh yeah, and the whole Christian thing. I never saw it as a problem...so yeah, I guess I'm admitting to liking Creed...flame away?

[/ QUOTE ]
Crud, er I mean Creed sucks a million times worse than Blink 182.

They literally have 1 riff in their arsenal (think of the "higher" song after he sings "can you take me higher" and just before the next lyric) boring overdriven guitar sound that never changes and no songwriting talent. Their guitarist sucks, their singer is a douche and supposedly their bassist was holding them all back because he was awful and they had to can him, what a laugh.

You're welcome.

bort411
06-26-2005, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of the men on your list were from before twenty years ago in a very male dominated industry?

[/ QUOTE ]

100% Also, both of my women are from that era: what's your point? Is it that teenage lyricists such as Ashlee Simpson could not get their music out before MTV continously (literally) validated their legitimacy?

Again, I really don't want to get into this, and I'm not really a misogynist, and I'm not going to get into a tirade about how Rock N' Roll took shape in the form of nerdy white guys emulating cool black guys, how it's inherently misogynistic, and how most women simply don't belong. I won't do that.

You say to me, "here's Joni Mitchell and Patti Smith; they're two great female songwriters." I agree. I own 3 albums from each. Where are the rest? Surely if these two could emerge, so could others. Where were they?

And then we come back to the Aslees and the Avrils; two women who "co-write" all of their songs, but realistically are bringing nothing to the table. And if anyone points out that virtually all Beatles songs were co-written, you're an idiot. These women don't rock, and even with the help of professional songwriters they don't produce decent pop. Collectively, they're actually making it harder for women to get respect as artists, because they're clearly producing average-at-best drivel despite being afforded every opportunity to produce real music.

Lastly, I'd like to point out the irony of people arguing the legitmacy of female songwriters in a thread about the awesomeness of Ashlee Simpson. To all you haters, I will leave you with the brilliance that is "La La"

You can dress me up in diamonds.
You can dress me up in dirt.
You can throw me like a line-man.
I like it better when it hurts.

Oh, I have waited here for you,
I have waited.

You make me wanna la la
in the kitchen on the floor
I'll be your french maid
when I meet you at the door.
I'm like an alley cat
drink the milk up, I want more.
You make me wanna,
you make me wanna scream.

You can meet me on an airplane
or in the back of a bus.
You can throw me like a boomerang
I'll come back and beat you up.

Oh, I have waited here for you,
don't keep me waiting.

You make me wanna la la
I'll be your french maid
I'm like an alley cat
You make me wanna

You make me wanna
La La in the kitchen on the floor
I'll be your french maid
I'm like an alley cat
You make me wanna,

I feel safe with you.
I can be myself tonight.
It's alright with you
cause you hold my secrets tight.
you do.
you do.

You make me wanna
lala lalala lalala lalalalala lalala
you make me wanna
lala lalala

You make me wanna la la
I'll be your french maid
I'm like an alley cat
You make me wanna,

You make me wanna la la
I'll be your french maid
I'm like an alley cat
You make me wanna,

You make me wanna
You make me wanna
You make me wanna
You make me wanna
lala lalala lalala lalalalala lalala ...

Phoenix1010
06-26-2005, 06:07 AM
You're missing something. The people who are arguing against your original statement are not necessarily saying that Avril or Ashley are good songwriters, they are informing you that adding "even for a woman" was not only pointless (if it sucks it sucks, it doesn't matter how it matches up to the standards of other female songwriters. It's unclear why you felt the need to add that qualifier), but also misguided. Your statement that a hypothetical list of best songwriters would be dominated by men is easily explained away by the fact that the industry has a history of being dominated by males. It's simple statistics, if your sample is dominated by one gender, of course the extremes at either end are going to feature a high frequency of the dominating gender. Very simple. You stated earlier that you believe that women have the same potential as men when it comes to songwriting, but you're backtracking rather quickly.

And most importantly, for every Avril Lavigne, there are 10 Justin Timberlakes. We won't hold Scott Stapp accountable for making it harder for male songwriters to get any respect, so lets not judge the entire contingent of female songwriters by the performance of poor Avril and the Simpson sisters. Crappy music is crappy music, regardless of whether the musician has a vagina, and that's the point you seem to be missing.

Jack of Arcades
06-26-2005, 11:00 AM
20% of your list is female - about how many song writers overall are female, and about how many are the song writers of 30, 40, 50 years ago female?

If it was 50/50, your point would be valid - or, if it were 50/50 that tried to get into music, sure.

porkchop
06-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Please go back to the sport forum.

jakethebake
06-26-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care what anyone says...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good thing you don't care.

jakethebake
06-26-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sucks even worse than Creed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have I stumbled into some bizarre universe where this is possible?

Jack of Arcades
06-26-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please go back to the sport forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see the surgery to remove your head from your ass was a failure. My condolences.

tbach24
06-26-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing can suck worse than Creed.

Maroon 5 makes good music. I don't qualify good music as something that is enlightening or anything, but they have songs that aren't "This Love" which sucks.

CallMeIshmael and others that haven't given them a listen, their best songs are "Shiver," "The Sun," and "Must Get Out."

Oh and when I say "Good Music" I don't mean like they're extremely talented. I mean they make music that is nice to listen to.

To all the Avril haters, stfu, she has some great songs.

I did all the work for you, now listen! (http://music.yahoo.com/release/137091)

KDawgCometh
06-26-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

do you actually disagree with my assertion that "her songwriting is weak, even for a woman"? You seem to be validating my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't validate sh<font color="red"></font>it. your first argument was there you couldn't name more than 2 top female songwriters in the last 30-35 years. I said that that was wrong and gave three quickly off the top of my had, without even giving Patti Smith or Joan Jett, or even the Go-Gos. THe problem is saying, "for a woman". No Ashlee just flat out sucks, Avril just flat out sucks, many many males just flat out suck. music is music and I don't really care whether you are male or female, as long as I find it good, I will like it. cut the male chauvinistic crap

shant
06-26-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man
06-26-2005, 02:17 PM
that song is not good. I don't even know where to start. the drum beat isn't imaginative. the chord progression isn't interesting. there are no impressive vocals. give me "toxic," that song was good.

the lyrics, however, are hot.

siccjay
06-26-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst Song Ever Made.

Jack of Arcades
06-26-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that song is not good. I don't even know where to start. the drum beat isn't imaginative. the chord progression isn't interesting. there are no impressive vocals. give me "toxic," that song was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazingly trashy and catchy.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-26-2005, 02:49 PM
I support Jack in all decisions he has made in life.

This includes his choice to like "La La". I like it too.

A large part of my enjoyment for this song might be the fact that she drinks the milk up and still wants more.

I want a dirty whore. <font color="white"> Hey, that rhymes. </font>

man
06-26-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazingly trashy and catchy.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha. point!

bort411
06-26-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

do you actually disagree with my assertion that "her songwriting is weak, even for a woman"? You seem to be validating my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't validate sh<font color="red"></font>it. your first argument was there you couldn't name more than 2 top female songwriters in the last 30-35 years. I said that that was wrong and gave three quickly off the top of my had, without even giving Patti Smith or Joan Jett, or even the Go-Gos. THe problem is saying, "for a woman". No Ashlee just flat out sucks, Avril just flat out sucks, many many males just flat out suck. music is music and I don't really care whether you are male or female, as long as I find it good, I will like it. cut the male chauvinistic crap

[/ QUOTE ]

So now Joan Jett and Jane Wieland are "top songwriters of the past 30-35 years"? Your starting to prove that you don't know what you're talking about. By the way, I actually paid money to see the Go-Go's in concert four years ago. I'm not proud of this, but I'm willing to bet I know their catalogue a tadd better than yourself.

Learn to read dude. I didn't say I could't name any good female songwriters; I said that 2 of my favorite 10 were women. My "first agruement" was that Avril's song "Nobody's Home" is terribly weak songwriting for a woman. And still no one is arguing against that point. That's it. Go wash your vagina, take this weak-ass [censored] to your women's studies class, and come back to tell me how women still have no opportunity for advancement.

bort411
06-26-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're missing something. The people who are arguing against your original statement are not necessarily saying that Avril or Ashley are good songwriters, they are informing you that adding "even for a woman" was not only pointless (if it sucks it sucks, it doesn't matter how it matches up to the standards of other female songwriters. It's unclear why you felt the need to add that qualifier), but also misguided. Your statement that a hypothetical list of best songwriters would be dominated by men is easily explained away by the fact that the industry has a history of being dominated by males. It's simple statistics, if your sample is dominated by one gender, of course the extremes at either end are going to feature a high frequency of the dominating gender. Very simple. You stated earlier that you believe that women have the same potential as men when it comes to songwriting, but you're backtracking rather quickly.

And most importantly, for every Avril Lavigne, there are 10 Justin Timberlakes. We won't hold Scott Stapp accountable for making it harder for male songwriters to get any respect, so lets not judge the entire contingent of female songwriters by the performance of poor Avril and the Simpson sisters. Crappy music is crappy music, regardless of whether the musician has a vagina, and that's the point you seem to be missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nicely put. I agree with all of this.

private joker
06-26-2005, 05:31 PM
What rules about this thread is I watched other Joseph Kahn videos I hadn't seen, such as the totally awesome Chemical Brothers clip for "Get Yourself High," where Kahn manipulates a bunch of footage from an old '70s kung fu flick. Good sh[/i]it!

Jack of Arcades
06-26-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What rules about this thread is I watched other Joseph Kahn videos I hadn't seen, such as the totally awesome Chemical Brothers clip for "Get Yourself High," where Kahn manipulates a bunch of footage from an old '70s kung fu flick. Good sh[/i]it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's an amazing video.

gorie
06-26-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree it is a good song. i remember hearing it on some commercial on tv awhile back (maybe just an ad for her music i don't know) and kinda digging it. though i never heard the full song until i listened to your link.

kinda reminds me a bit of elastica or something.

gorie
06-26-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

kinda reminds me a bit of elastica or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
actually after listening to it again, i should have said this song would be much better if a band like elastica sang it. it's a good song but her voice is kinda annoying? shrug.

tbach24
06-27-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the greatest RnB song I've ever heard. I'm listening to it now, such a great song.

Edge34
06-27-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Crud, er I mean Creed sucks a million times worse than Blink 182.

They literally have 1 riff in their arsenal (think of the "higher" song after he sings "can you take me higher" and just before the next lyric) boring overdriven guitar sound that never changes and no songwriting talent. Their guitarist sucks, their singer is a douche and supposedly their bassist was holding them all back because he was awful and they had to can him, what a laugh.

You're welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blink's entire career was based on mildly humorous videos that involved them running around naked and such (see "All The Small Things", et al.). Never mind that their musicians are much less talented than guys like Mark Tremonti who is one hell of a guitarist, and that Scott Stapp at least sang, unlike the randomness that is Mark Hoppus.

Notice how nobody even gives a [censored] about Blink except for a bunch of drunken potheads who go to Warped Tour to see other bands who don't suck quite as much as Blink.

People hate Creed for their reputation. People hate Blink becuase they have no talent, but forget that becuase they're "punk", which I guess is an excuse to not have any actual musical talent.

thatpfunk
06-27-2005, 02:32 AM
imho, your taste is atrocious.

Edge34
06-27-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
imho, your taste is atrocious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, your limited knowledge of what I like and dislike is clearly giving you ample room to believe this. Is it because I don't hate Creed based on their reputation, or is it because I hate Blink 182 and their lack of talent with the burning passion of a thousand suns?

I like a lot more stuff than Creed, and I never said they were great. I said they have more talent than people give them credit for, something that surely cannot be said for bands like Blink. If you knew anything about what ELSE I might like, then you'd have room to talk.

Thank you.

EDIT: Lest you forget, this thread started with somebody who thought that not only should Ashlee Simpson not be ritualistically sacrificed, but that "La La" is GOOD.

thatpfunk
06-27-2005, 02:37 AM
The combination of both is what leads me to the assumption.

Edge34
06-27-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The combination of both is what leads me to the assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you can even question the fact that Blink 182 is mind-numbingly awful leads me to the assumption that you would also enjoy the sound of screaming monkeys in a [censored]-fight.

thatpfunk
06-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Blink's from San Diego and regardless of what they've done for the last 8 years, I still support them as a band and am happy for their success.

arod4276
08-31-2005, 04:29 AM
dumbass

craig r
08-31-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sucks even worse than Creed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have I stumbled into some bizarre universe where this is possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Creed (though Maroon 5 is close) is one of the worst bands ever. David Cross had talked a lot of sht about him in one of his comedy routines and then had to play with him on celebrity poker on Bravo.

I think my next bands/musicians I can't stand are John Mayer and Jack Johnson. It just seems like they try to hard to be Elliot Smith. Maybe they could pull an Elliot Smith.

craig

craig r
08-31-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
People hate Blink becuase they have no talent, but forget that becuase they're "punk", which I guess is an excuse to not have any actual musical talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not like Blink 182 (though I def. have guilty pleasures for other pop punk bands.) But, the drummer from blink is amazing. So, I wouldn't say "no talent". I think he teaches Jazz drums..which is obviously very hard to play.

craig

thatpfunk
08-31-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dumbass

[/ QUOTE ]

gee, that comment was really worth digging up a 2 month old thread. really.