PDA

View Full Version : Prostitutes?

Martin Aigner
06-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Iīve had a long disdussion with a friend lately and thought, this might be an interesting topic for OOT.

Whatīs your opinion about prostitutes? Iīm not interested, whether you have ever had sex or can never even imagine to have sex with a prostitute. I just want to know, what you think about the profession, the social significance of it.

Prostitution has never been a job as any other. Like only few other professions, prostitutes have been segregated from society in most cultures since thousands of years (of course there were cultures, where prostitutes had an extremly high social ranking, too). Still, there always were, are and will be prostitutes, which obviously means that they are important for mankind (or at least for millions of individuals)

Discuss

Martin Ainer

jason_t
06-24-2005, 07:59 AM
I just want to know: are you the Martin Aigner that works in combinatorics and graph theory and wrote one of the most wonderful math books ever?

Martin Aigner
06-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Sorry, no such efforts to the wellbeing of mankind from me. Neither the brain for it /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Blackjack
06-24-2005, 08:12 AM
Would that Mathematician be pondering about Poker players opinions on prostitution on an online message board?

Blackjack

steelcmg
06-24-2005, 08:13 AM
I think prostitutes have there rolls in life like everyone else. There are some women out there that really need to do what ever it takes to survive and to feed there family. Some of these women have no idea on how to do anything else to make decent money and with the 5.15 an hour min wage theres no real way to support there selfs along with a child.
But then u really get the f'ed up ones that only suck cock for rock. They spend all there money on rock and dont care about anything else. But for the most part i think they are all f'ed up people and i would never touch them nasty skanks.

jason_t
06-24-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would that Mathematician be pondering about Poker players opinions on prostitution on an online message board?

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

I already think that mathematician is super cool. If he played poker it wouldn't surprise me. If he was talking about prostitutes on 2+2 I would worship him.

Blackjack
06-24-2005, 08:26 AM
People can't be super duper cool. Only super cool

Blackjack

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think prostitutes have there rolls in life like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have rolls? Are these fat prostitutes?

KaneKungFu123
06-24-2005, 09:49 AM
3 categories needed

those forced physically into prostitution

those forced economically into prostitution

those who choose prostitution

churchill asked some chick at a party if she'd sleep with him for 5000 pounds. she is honest and says yes. he then asks her if she'd sleep with him for 5 pounds. she says of course not, what does he think she is. he says that they've already established what she is, now they are negotiating the price.

everyone has a price.

jakethebake
06-24-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people are forced economically into their occupation.

youtalkfunny
06-25-2005, 03:32 AM
James Taylor, what the hell are you doing, singing about prostitutes to the children?"

Blarg
06-25-2005, 03:54 AM
Are you asking this question with your pants off?

somethingstupid
06-25-2005, 04:13 AM
Just meet a regular girl.

Russ McGinley
06-25-2005, 04:29 AM
Easy answer:

Selling is legal.

Fu<font color="black"></font>cking is legal.

Why isn't selling fu<font color="black"></font>cking legal?

Lawrence Ng
06-25-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just want to know, what you think about the profession, the social significance of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is a-ok.

Lawrence

oreogod
06-25-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is in Amsterdam and parts of Nevada.

mason55
06-25-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy answer:

Selling is legal.

Fu<font color="black"></font>cking is legal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the quote tags and forgot to reply to George Carlin.

Russ McGinley
06-25-2005, 04:59 AM
nice catch

Martin Aigner
06-25-2005, 05:24 AM
Actually itīs legal on most part of the world. Not every nation are more liberal that the US.

Martin Aigner
06-25-2005, 05:39 AM
I donīt have a problem to meet a regular girl. I just donīt understand, why prostitutes generally have such a bad image. Of course there are lots of women from poor countries brought into rich countries, who are forced to prostitution by their pimps without wanting it themselfes. But who can blame the girls? Its the pimps and the freer od these girls who should have the bad image (the pimps of course do have a bad image anyway).

But on the other side there are girls/women, who choose this profession on their own, be it for the money or just for fun (most probably a very tiny minority). If somebody wants to do this as a profession on their on will, why canīt society accept this? Why do governments even prohibit prostitution in some contries?

Anyone agrees that a prostitute does more for society that a poker pro?

Martin Aigner

KaneKungFu123
06-25-2005, 06:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people are forced economically into their occupation.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but some people have more choices then others. i am not talking about usa here. in alot of countries many women have no choice but to become a prostitute or starve.

siccjay
06-25-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just donīt understand, why prostitutes generally have such a bad image.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they let any random guy bang them for money. What else is there to understand?

Martin Aigner
06-26-2005, 03:44 AM
So what? Who gets hurt?