PDA

View Full Version : How bout this for a suckout!

imported_machine
06-24-2005, 02:11 AM
I know you guys dont like to hear bout bad beats and personally nor do i, but i wanna tell you bout one of my favourite suckouts. anyways it was a 20+2 on party skin, there are 4 players left and i try to steal on the button with K5o(this was an all in steal) the small blind goes all in and then the big blind goes all in to, i figure im in so much trouble and at that point would be very happy with both cards live, but realistically i was hoping they both had big cards and my 5 was live. But oh it was worse than that, the small blind had KQ(my K is dead)and the big blind turns over A5(my 5 is dead to) my head drops im drawing nearly dead. anyway i hit 4 running spades and hit a K high flush and trebled up. I worked out how much of a dog i was, it worked out i had bout 3% chance of winning that hand. I finnaly knew how all the fish feel when they perform the most amazing suckouts on me. Anyways i apologise to anyone who hates these kinda stories.

lastchance
06-24-2005, 02:14 AM
I need to use your luckbox for a minute.

imported_machine
06-24-2005, 02:15 AM
trust me man this hardly ever happens to me, i figured i deserved it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lastchance
06-24-2005, 02:17 AM
Heh, I know I've done my fair share of luckboxing. It's fun.

utmt40
06-24-2005, 02:33 AM
I would like both your luck boxes please.

freemoney
06-24-2005, 02:35 AM
lemme guess 1 outta 25?

JJKillian
06-24-2005, 02:43 AM
I had this hand saved somewhere and was going to post it for ya, but can't find it.

I am playing a 30 mtt. have a/k suited on the button, utg raises to 1200 I only cold call, both blinds fold. flop is k/3/3. he checks I push for 5k. He calls and flops over k/k. I am about as dead as it gets. My hand did not improve, actually it got worse. And yet I still win.

Turn 3
River 3

I actually felt bad for the guy. That has to be the worst way to lose.

BDarch
06-24-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had this hand saved somewhere and was going to post it for ya, but can't find it.

I am playing a 30 mtt. have a/k suited on the button, utg raises to 1200 I only cold call, both blinds fold. flop is k/3/3. he checks I push for 5k. He calls and flops over k/k. I am about as dead as it gets. My hand did not improve, actually it got worse. And yet I still win.

Turn 3
River 3

[/ QUOTE ]

that happened to me once in a home game with my friend, I had QQ he had AJ, flop came down Q77 and he pushed, I called and the turn and river were both 7's

Myst
06-24-2005, 03:05 AM
no the worst had to be that WSOP 99 vs 77 hand where 77 flops quads, and the 9s went runner runner to oust him.

Bigwig
06-24-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Turn 3
River 3

[/ QUOTE ]

that happened to me once in a home game with my friend, I had QQ he had AJ, flop came down Q77 and he pushed, I called and the turn and river were both 7's

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost a runner-runner to specific cards before (the worst possible beat). My 7's lost to TT on running Ts.

The good news--I still cashed in that tourney.

lastchance
06-24-2005, 03:38 AM
When Quads just isn't good enough.

John Hurst
06-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Don't worry. I love it when I treble up.

imported_machine
06-24-2005, 09:30 AM
i seem to get massive bad beats when playing home games for some reason, last 4 tourneys was 4/1 favourite and lost 4 weeks running, obviously home games are not my strongpoint
/images/graemlins/wink.gif