PDA

View Full Version : +EV For This, -EV For That

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Apply the theory of +/-EV to other practical forms of living other than poker. For example, what is the EV of going to the movies, wearing a red shirt, is there an EV in dying? Situations arise all the time where a decision must be made. Sometimes people make poor decisions -EV and sometimes they make correct decisions +EV. The idea doesn't have to apply to poker. Have fun. Be creative. Just trying to get different communication going.

tbach24
06-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Making this post was -EV

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Apply the theory of +/-EV to other practical forms of living other than poker. For example, what is the EV of going to the movies, wearing a red shirt, is there an EV in dying? Situations arise all the time where a decision must be made. Sometimes people make poor decisions -EV and sometimes they make correct decisions +EV. The idea doesn't have to apply to poker. Have fun. Be creative. Just trying to get different communication going.

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome to 2+2. Read a little bit.

jakethebake
06-23-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Making this post was -EV

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yes, this is horrible, this idea."

pshreck
06-23-2005, 03:29 PM
This wins the "Are you Fing serious?" Post of the Month award.

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Saw that one coming. Almost included it in the post.

asofel
06-23-2005, 03:33 PM
the replies to this will make up for the post...

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Sorry, I will never try to do anything fun again. It's a joke. Not meant to be taken seriously. Is everyone so God@^@# mean at this site, or just strung to tight?

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I will never try to do anything fun again. It's a joke. Not meant to be taken seriously. Is everyone so God@^@# mean at this site, or just strung to tight?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's only that this is already exactly what happens here and what has happened here since the beginning of time. It's not a joke. It sucks. You're going to get flamed. Read up a bit.

schwza
06-23-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who knew that god's domain name was ^@#?

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This wins the "Are you Fing serious?" Post of the Month award.

[/ QUOTE ]
POTD

pshreck
06-23-2005, 03:36 PM
You are claiming it is a joke, yet getting all pissy because people are making fun of how moronic the post was? Isn't that the intention of a joke?

You messed up.... very, very badly. Just deal with it.

Soul Daddy
06-23-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's very -EV to whine like a little bitch on OOT.

jackdaniels
06-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Lesson number one:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the club kid, don't let the old timers scare you away. (hint: you can always placate the angry mob with nude pics of hot chicks - prefferably someone you know/used to date).

asofel
06-23-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take a bullet for you here: this site thrives on sarcasm, witty insults, utter contempt for the inane, and the pooper. If you can take the bashings I forsee in your future, you will come to appreciate the tone, the nuances of everyone's personalities (except for one individual i won't name as i haven't seen him on for a while), and some day you too might have a brilliant idea like an animal survivor tourney to share with the rest of us. In the meantime, buckup, lurk and learn, leave the P word out of this forum, and wish jake happy birthday.

now stfu n00b /images/graemlins/grin.gif

asofel
06-23-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lesson number one:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the club kid, don't let the old timers scare you away. (hint: you can always placate the angry mob with nude pics of hot chicks - prefferably someone you know/used to date).

[/ QUOTE ]

just be sure to leave little jon and his merry men out of the pics....and make sure she's not hairy too...we almost lost a life to that episode already...

Gamblor
06-23-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who knew that god's domain name was ^@#?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

kyro
06-23-2005, 03:57 PM
You obviously don't give the poker community any credit whatsoever. Yeah, I go around thinking how EV every single decision in my life is. Vomit.

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I guess it is a bad idea to whine. How about vulgar insults? [censored] off. Does that fit your requirements?

jakethebake
06-23-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is everyone so God@^@# mean at this site...

[/ QUOTE ]

00t doesn't appreciate taking the Lord's name in vain either.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I guess it is a bad idea to whine. How about vulgar insults? [censored] off. Does that fit your requirements?

[/ QUOTE ]
You suck at this.

pshreck
06-23-2005, 04:07 PM
For more good laughs, read through this guys first 20 posts. Not surprisingly, most are about as dumb as the ones he made in this thread.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For more good laughs, read through this guys first 20 posts. Not surprisingly, most are about as dumb as the ones he made in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, his name is WV Mountain Snake. He picked it himself.

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:22 PM
This is getting heated. Go back to playing with your action figures you [censored] dork. It amazes me that I'm even bothering to reply to you. I now have less respect for myself.

Ya know, I try to lead a good life. Oh wait, that's bullshit. I don't try to lead a good life; I just do what I want. I go by that great maxim, "do unto others as they do unto you." I'm kind to those who are kind to me. I tend to be violently cruel to those who are cruel to me. So be nice or I'll track you down and smash your Darth Maul action figure.

I'm sure you'll agree with me, but the last part of this was just a whiny rant.

jakethebake
06-23-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least it isn't Cristoph.

jakethebake
06-23-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You've just confirmed yourself into the whiney bitch club.

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:25 PM
I'm not a Christian and don't uphold their laws.

jakethebake
06-23-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully the Lord will forgive you for that. God still loves you. I'll say a prayer for you.

theghost
06-23-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+EV

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is getting heated. Go back to playing with your action figures you [censored] dork. It amazes me that I'm even bothering to reply to you. I now have less respect for myself.

Ya know, I try to lead a good life. Oh wait, that's bullshit. I don't try to lead a good life; I just do what I want. I go by that great maxim, "do unto others as they do unto you." I'm kind to those who are kind to me. I tend to be violently cruel to those who are cruel to me. So be nice or I'll track you down and smash your Darth Maul action figure.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're losing. Seriously, do yourself a big favor, chill out a little bit, and quit being a whiny little bitch. You got flamed a little bit for a dumb, n00bish post. Life goes on.

On second thought, have you seen the Politics forum? I think you'll fit in better there.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully the Lord will forgive you for that. God still loves you. I'll say a prayer for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant. <font color="white">POTD </font>

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:30 PM
May I be the president?

Are you like this all the time, or only when you're on the internet and no one can see you? Oh wait, I see you now.

DemonDeac
06-23-2005, 04:31 PM
you have much to learn, my son

much, much, much

and u have anger management problems

Claunchy
This guy is quite possibly the biggest badass EVER to post at OOT.

pshreck
Don't call it noobish, implying it is similar to other noob posts.

This was the worst noob post made this year. It was quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read on this forum, and we have Dead.

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Don't tell anyone but I'm now just doing this for the reactions.

pshreck
06-23-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have called you out as a gimmick account a while ago, but after reading your overly childish 20 other posts, I think you really are this dumb and whiny.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. We know. It's just as fun to give the reactions as it is to incite them.

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Keep it coming. This is kind of fun. I see why you people do this.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, though, let it go after this thread.

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Wow, you actually read my other posts. Not much going on, huh?

jackdaniels
06-23-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT is an OOT style post! You're learning fast!

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:38 PM
LOL. I knew someone with the name JackDaniels would be cool.

jakethebake
06-23-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This guy is quite possibly the biggest badass EVER to post at OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have we forgotten THIS GUY? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=inet&amp;Number=1217297&amp;Forum= All_Forums&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main=12172 97&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=20766&amp;daterange= 1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;body prev=#Post1217297)

pshreck
06-23-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you actually read my other posts. Not much going on, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been pooping for the past 90 minutes, and I have my laptop and wireless modem with me.

Your posts are worse than what is floating in the water about 6 inches below me right now.

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Nothing insulting in that post. I'm amazed. Cool, man. You pray for me, though I doubt it does anything.

kyro
06-23-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a kickass name. I like your style Jake.

Oh wait. Ass.

bosoxfan
06-23-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have we forgotten THIS GUY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had forgotten about him. Raised a warrior, that guy was great.

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Not such a good one. You can do better. Try harder next time.

jakethebake
06-23-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a kickass name. I like your style Jake.

Oh wait. Ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you have much to learn, my son

much, much, much

and u have anger management problems

[/ QUOTE ]

True. True. True.

Claunchy
06-23-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have we forgotten THIS GUY? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=inet&amp;Number=1217297&amp;Forum= All_Forums&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main=12172 97&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=20766&amp;daterange= 1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;body prev=#Post1217297)

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche. Classic.

[censored]
06-23-2005, 04:55 PM
mountainsnake sucks, #31

WVMountainSnake
06-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Kind of slowed down a bit. OK then, enough is enough. Or is it? J/K. Got a game to go to in a few, so everyone keep up the good work, flaming and trying to degrade others for whatever enjoyment you get out of it. It was really a good time for me. I think I'll start posting here more often.

pshreck
06-23-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kind of slowed down a bit. OK then, enough is enough. Or is it? J/K. Got a game to go to in a few, so everyone keep up the good work, flaming and trying to degrade others for whatever enjoyment you get out of it. It was really a good time for me. I think I'll start posting here more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this whole experience + or - EV??

Oh look!, I just used your clever advice!

chaas4747
06-23-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking forward to it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

suitedtwogapper
06-23-2005, 05:13 PM
yo instead of getting defensive why don't you make one witty retort... just ONE... then people might have some respect. that's all it takes is making ONE hilarious comment at someone's expense, usually jakethebake will do just fine though others who have personally attacked you suffice, and then we won't call you a whiny bitch. now that would be +EV.

suitedtwogapper
06-23-2005, 05:19 PM
why isn't my signature coming up, damn

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-23-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You better work on that.

pshreck
06-23-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Signatures are -EV.

The only person on the forum able to pull it off is cnfuzzed. Even Raymers is lame.

Eurotrash
06-23-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"Yes, this is horrible, this idea."

[/ QUOTE ]

one of my favorite quotes, you beat me to it /images/graemlins/blush.gif

AngryCola
06-23-2005, 07:36 PM
To the OP:

Understand that the whole premise of your thread has been one of the most overused clichés on 2+2. One can see +/- EV comments on these forums about all sorts of things unrelated to poker. It's one of those things that some people think is still clever, but makes the rest of the population want to punch them in the face...at least twice.

The only funny part of your post was the premise itself, and that's what people are responding to.
Well, now they are responding to your humorous overreactions, too.