PDA

View Full Version : Questions including moving up

aleph_won
06-21-2005, 06:45 PM
New poster here. want to thank y'all for the info I've gleaned from the forums here thus far.

I'm considering moving from 11 to 22 for STTs.
Started with $20 in a year or so ago on stars...Up to $600 a bit back on cash Hold-em at $0.50 BB. 6-max tables didn't agree with me...or I lost a bunch quick, so withdrew a bit, then came back to STT's. Right now I'm running about 25% ROI for 80 Single-Table SnGs, with about 50% ITM. My bankroll has increased to a bit over $800, and I'm starting to think about transitioning to $22. I'm a bit conservative when it comes to risking my bankroll.

What should I be thinking about to make the move to 22?
Should I be thinking about the other stars games:
$13 6max, $16 Turbo?
Also, Do y'all have experience with larger tourneys as well (500+)? How well does the skill-set transfer?

Thanks in advance

the_joker
06-21-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What should I be thinking about to make the move to 22?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't seem that much more difficult than the 11s. I just played my first $33 a few minutes ago and that doesn't seem difficult either /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think you are being a little too conservative with moving up. Just make sure you have a rule for moving back down.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be thinking about the other stars games:
$13 6max, $16 Turbo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever suits your style. If you're good at bubble play, then these may be more profitable. If you like hanging back and waiting for big hand then maybe not. I personally like the non-turbo's. Play both and see where your hourly rate is best.

gildwulf
06-21-2005, 07:37 PM
22s are a JOPKE. There might be 5-10% less donks than at the 11s but that's about it. Only difference is more 2+2ers I think.

33s on the other hand are a lot harder on the bubble.

If you feel you are ready and have an adequate bankroll (30-55 buyins) you should move up ASAP.