PDA

View Full Version : Speeding up the mouse

hummusx
06-21-2005, 08:59 AM
I've got 2x 2001fps for 8-tabling, and my mouse just plain takes too much movement to get from one end of one screen to the other end of the other. My hand is exhausted from moving around. I've got the speed set all the way up. Anyone know of something I can download that will give me some more control and let me set the speed up higher?

Gumbo
06-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Control Panel - Mouse Settings

Gumbo

MrTrik
06-21-2005, 11:20 AM
I picked up a MS optical mouse. It comes with it's own driver and program to configure it. It's called Intellimouse Optical I think. Anyway, the sensitivity setting in the included program seems much better than the standard control panel one. I run XP Pro and wanted more mouse sensitivity for shooting games. This purchase gave me that.

The extra buttons on the side, which you configure through that program, were a nice feature also. Great for strafing in shooter games.

Edited: Oh and if you get one of these, get a decent optical pad to go with it. Some are better than others.

BusterStacks
06-21-2005, 12:24 PM
I had the same problem. Here is the solution:

Tweak XP (http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp)

hummusx
06-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah, duh. I already said in my post "I've got the speed set all the way up."

That TweakUI is really cool, but there is no setting in there for mouse movement speed. I guess I'll just need to buy a new mouse or something...

BusterStacks
06-21-2005, 08:47 PM
yes there is. I'm runnin my mouse at well over the standard maximum speed for XP...

TwoNiner
06-22-2005, 12:12 AM
<-------- Had mouse on normal setting.

Thanks.