PDA

View Full Version : Bush + impeachment = stock market trouble

GeorgeF
06-19-2005, 05:41 PM
On CSpan I saw a bunch of democrates yammering about impeachment and the Downing Street Memos. It is also my understanding that Blair may have similar troubles in Britain.

So does this have any effect on financial markets? Or are they just blowing smoke.

AceHigh
06-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Bush won't be impeached because Republicans control the house.

The Deficit will probably cause a big downturn for the market before W's term is up anyway.

Zygote
06-20-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On CSpan I saw a bunch of democrates yammering about impeachment and the Downing Street Memos. It is also my understanding that Blair may have similar troubles in Britain.

So does this have any effect on financial markets? Or are they just blowing smoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

they were just yammering. there is no reasnoble chance of this happening. if you want to make money, you should take bets that it wont happen versus all those who think otherwise.

parttimepro
06-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Well, Clinton's impeachment didn't really slow down the tech boom. There's no way this could happen before 2007 (if the Dems take over the House, which is not likely). If you're thinking about shorting the market, this isn't the reason to do it. There will be much bigger problems caused by the deficit and the war.

Ray Zee
06-27-2005, 02:02 AM
war=demand for goods=deficit=inflation=higher interest rates= downturn in stocks. no getting around it unless you can mitigate some of the factors