PDA

View Full Version : Please stop with the HH postings

kyro
06-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Surely you can not be so lazy to pull out a few hands within a hand history that you're not sure about. The front page alone has like 4 complete HH. Very few people are going to take the time to read the entire thing and then provide feedback. If you really feel the need to have HHs reviewed, please contact someone via PM and maybe you can trade. Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm getting tired of seeing this forum being clogged with this stuff.

pergesu
06-15-2005, 10:55 AM
It's better than the bazillion joke posts.

Really, posting an entire HH only hurts the OP. I've got no problem taking a look at particular hands and analyzing them, and in fact enjoy doing so. I'm sure that's the case with most of the posters here. Those kinds of posts should really account for 90% of the threads here. But when I see a full tourney history, I just skip over it.

I actually was gonna take a look at one, but then it didn't work in the replayer, so I had to pass on that one too.

Anyway, yeah, they should pick out a couple hands. They'll get much better responses that way.

pooh74
06-15-2005, 11:05 AM
I'd say if anyone wants to see what kind of hand posts get the most responses over the past few months, look at Scuba chuck's posts...thats how a hand should be posted.

Isura
06-15-2005, 11:35 AM
I find that a clump of hands is useful (like 5-10 on the bubble for example), since it puts the hands in context of the previous action and the table image of the player. I agree that a whole tourney history is overkill, but it's nice to sometimes follow through a sequence of hands.

Moonsugar
06-15-2005, 11:39 AM
collapse the view

octaveshift
06-15-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you really feel the need to have HHs reviewed, please contact someone via PM and maybe you can trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. I have always found a lot of your posts to be very helpful, but lately you've turned into the forum bitch.

Practically every post from you lately is telling someone to shut up. What's going on?

kyro
06-15-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you really feel the need to have HHs reviewed, please contact someone via PM and maybe you can trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. I have always found a lot of your posts to be very helpful, but lately you've turned into the forum bitch.

Practically every post from you lately is telling someone to shut up. What's going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have never posted a helpful post.

Anyways, I'm just getting tired of looking at the front page and seeing 5-6 posts saying "Here's an entire HH where I fold 93o several times. How'd I do?" I read these forums for my own benefit. I don't get anything out of entire HH. I just think it would be better for the entire forum, if we stuck to posting specific hands that really affected our tournament.

As for being forum bitch, as soon as citanul returns, I'll chill.

octaveshift
06-15-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I have never posted a helpful post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Troll. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
As for being forum bitch, as soon as citanul returns, I'll chill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I <3 CIATNUL!!!!11oNe

durron597
06-15-2005, 11:54 AM
The problem is that shorthanded play on sites other than party requires a lot of metagame knowledge and reads.

Apathy
06-15-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Surely you can not be so lazy to pull out a few hands within a hand history that you're not sure about. The front page alone has like 4 complete HH. Very few people are going to take the time to read the entire thing and then provide feedback. If you really feel the need to have HHs reviewed, please contact someone via PM and maybe you can trade. Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm getting tired of seeing this forum being clogged with this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't read them. What's the big deal? they usually say HH in the subject line anyways.

Besides are you saying you don't want newbs to post HH or anyone? 'Cause I'm sure people would love to see HH's from me/others here. (No, I'm not planning on psting any so don't worry).

microbet
06-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Buh, I think it's better to post hand histories than to go around PM'ing people and asking them to look at one.

If someone feels like reading it they will.

tminus
06-15-2005, 12:37 PM
yeah, either you're the moderator or...you're not

Blarg
06-15-2005, 12:46 PM
I'll read a whole tourney if someone like Gigabet posts it, or someone who I think has an enormous amount to share that I'd really profit from. Reading a whole game of someone I've barely heard of doesn't seem usually worth the effort. There are only so many posts I'm going to read per day, so I won't spend half an hour on hand history posts randomly.

TStokes
06-15-2005, 12:57 PM
In a lot of the posts from people who are in downswings or new to poker there is always someone who says that they should post an entire HH for people to look over. If you want people to stop posting HH you should talk to the people advising them to post them in the first place.

kyro
06-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Well it seems I'm in the vast minority with this issue. Fair enough, I'll back down. I still think it would be better for everyone if we asked specific questions rather than an entire history, but whatever works for the rest of you.

gumpzilla
06-15-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well it seems I'm in the vast minority with this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't particularly like full HH's either, and generally don't read them.

EDIT: And this isn't an issue of experience, 80-85% of hands are going to be boring and uninformative regardless of who is playing them.

Scuba Chuck
06-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Kyro, I only partially agree with your claim. I think it would be better to inform people on how to make an HH post that people will actually read. For example, I posted one not long ago ( most difficult game I ever played (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=2448661 &Forum=f22&Words=most%20difficult&Searchpage=0&Lim it=25&Main=2448661&Search=true&where=sub&Name=2202 2&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&old ertype=&bodyprev=#Post2448661)) . I think that HH is a good template for how to post an HH that people will read.

Essentially this is the guideline I used.
Eliminate Level 1-3.
Highlight font for the hands that you want to be sure people to see (I used blue for that example). And as always, put some thought into your post. What were you thinking about during each hand you participated in. You may actually want to use a different colored font for a hand that you think you may have missed an opportunity on.

An alternative way of doing this would be StupidSucker's some 109 hands (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=2527506 &Forum=f22&Words=109&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=25 27506&Search=true&where=sub&Name=8121&daterange=1& newerval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypr ev=#Post2527506) post. Although, I think we've agreed that you should just post all the hands in one window.

Good luck at the tables.
Scuba

zipppy
06-15-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well it seems I'm in the vast minority with this issue. Fair enough, I'll back down. I still think it would be better for everyone if we asked specific questions rather than an entire history, but whatever works for the rest of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, Kyro, that specific questions are better than an entire history, but that doesn't mean that seeing HH from time to time isn't useful. In fact, it's a little foolish to pick any "type" of post and say it should never be posted. If too many HHs get posted, or too many joke posts, or too many "should I become pro" posts, then they each become less useful/funny and more annoying, but I disagree with the idea of banning any particular post because it isn't as useful. Just choose not to read a post if it doesn't interest you or if you won't learn from it.

Later...Zipppy

wuwei
06-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Count me in the majority who have no problem with HH postings. Thanks to the folks like jstrassa, nick , and gigabet that have posted high level histories recently.

Most of the time I'm not going to read a full HH, but occassionally I will. I actually played a $55 a while back with the intention of posting it, but I didn't think there was enough interesting content to warrant it. Maybe I'll do this again in the future and see how it turns out.

In the scheme of things, too many HH postings is not a major problem for this forum.

benfranklin
06-15-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is a very helpful post for newbies. I don't bother to even look at posts with entire HHs, and I would guess that many others have the same attitude. This informs people of that common attitude, and suggests a way to make better and more profitable use of the resources here.

The post may not have been warm and fuzzy, but it got the point across and should be of benefit to those who are not entirely clueless.

I ignore those posts, but such mindless postings are irritating just because I have to stop and see what they are and make a decision to ignore them. My time would be better spent reading the bodily-function threads on OOT. At least I know what to expect there.

(Sorry to accuse you of helpful posting, kyro /images/graemlins/blush.gif)