PDA

View Full Version : two blind kings

mikelow
01-12-2003, 02:15 AM
Playing 40-80, just after a "must-move," I pick up /forums/images/icons/heart.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif K. MP calls, LP raises, button calls cold, and I threebet. All call the three-bet.

Flop is:

/forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5

I bet and LP and button call. Turn is:

[ /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5] /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6

I checked. comments?

mikelow
01-12-2003, 02:20 AM

astroglide
01-12-2003, 02:39 AM
i would have bet and probably folded to a raise

you can't let people bluff you out for 1 bet, especially when you're BEGGING them to do it

andyfox
01-12-2003, 03:02 AM
He didn't say he was going to fold for one bet. You said you'd fold for one bet.

mike l.
01-12-2003, 03:30 AM
bet the turn here and dont give a free card.

let one of the hyperaggressive 40 players raise the turn here w/ a 5 or a spade or something so you can call them down. give them a little rope to hang themselves.

all that's going to happen if you check here is:

a. it will get checked around.

b. it will get bet and then raised to you and you will be in a tough situation.

mikelow
01-12-2003, 12:24 PM
checked with the intention of calling it down.

astroglide
01-12-2003, 03:36 PM
i think with 2 people you're begging it to get bet/raised before it comes back to you. i guess it depends on the game, but that's ALWAYS the way it is where i play. the first person attempts, the second person recognizes the attempt and goes for one himself by raising, and then you're facing 2 cold with the winner.

mikelow
01-12-2003, 06:53 PM
LP checked also, button bet. I called and LP folded. River was:

[J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ] 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I checked and called the button's bet. He had A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif I was concerned about a raise, especially without the K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . So I think playing more defensively was ok, since giving a free card wasn't a bad idea, plus I might induce a bluff. With a pair and three spades, I felt it was too risky to lead into the pot on the turn. But perhaps I should have bet the river when a fourth spade hits, as a raise is unlikely unless the button has the A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . Thoughts?

Josh W
01-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Heads up, if you are going to call a river bet, I want to be the one betting the river. The only time I wouldn't bet the river is if the my opponent bluffs WAY WAY WAY WAY too much (not just a little too much, but WAY too much). Then, I'll check/call or maybe check/raise.

But 99% of the time (and that's really close to the actual percentage of the time I'd do this), I'll bet the river heads up.

Josh