PDA

View Full Version : Episode Three was Terrible (spoilers)

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm tired of all the good reviews, I can't believe people liked this movie. Better than episode 1 and 2 does not make it good, episode one and two were just slightly better than having your balls placed in a vice, it's all relative.

Here is my list of reasons...

1. "You won't escape this time" was said by Obi-wan 54 times

2. R2-D2's whole ass-kicking at the start of the moive was so stupid, George trying to be funny and cute again, last time that happened we got Jar-Jar.

3. Anakins turning to the dark-side was initially slow and looked like it was gonna be put together in a rational way, then suddenly, BAM! "I will do whatever you say master!" So close, yet so far, George.

4. There's no gravity nor air resistance in space, and yet if you watch the space battles... ok, i'm pedantic, but it annoys me.

5. The technology in Episodes 1-3 is more advanced than in the originals, just cause you have CGI doesn't mean you should [censored] on the continuity of the world you created.

[Edit: I mean the technology used by the characters not the technology used to creat the movies.]

6. The saber battles were weak, duel of the fates was way better.

7. The dialogue. HAHAHAHAHHAAH.... pathetic.

8. When padme gives birth, the naming of the children was stupid.

9. The technology to save Anakin after he almost drowns in lava is readily available, but padma can't be saved from simple birth complications??!?!?!

10. "NOOOOO!" hahahah, awesome writing.

11. Windu was killed too quick.

12. The jedi were killed too quick, and not a single one of them sense the fact that they were ALL about to die, except yoda.

13. Grevious had nothing on Darth Maul, or any character a 5 year old could make up for that matter.

14. The good guys are captured, unable to escape, and taken to see Grevious, but once they get there they can suddenly escape, the droids that were guarding them are now gone, only 3 remain, which they can kill easily.

15. The action was lame, akin to episode 1, especially whe obi-wan fight grevious.

I could go on... The only redeeming scenes were when Anakin killed Dooku and when Anakin talked to Palpatine in the theater place about how the Jedi and Sith are quite similar.

Anyways, another slap in the face to StarWars fans.

/end rant

durron597
06-01-2005, 09:43 AM
/agree with all of the above. I gave this movie a 3/10.

deacsoft
06-01-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

5. The technology in Episodes 1-3 is more advanced than in the originals, just cause you have CGI doesn't mean you should [censored] on the continuity of the world you created.

[Edit: I mean the technology used by the characters not the technology used to creat the movies.]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking about this since Episode I and came up with the following. Durring the first episodes (I-III) the galaxy is prosperous and, with the few exceptions, peacefull. Durring episodes IV-VI they're fighting as part of a rebellion. Wars cost money! Perhaps they could not afford all the technology they once had.

Secondly, the Death Star. If you can find something more technologically advanced than that in episodes I-III let me know.

I'm not trying to argue with your post... I'm just trying to shed a little light on some points that could possibly explain this certain complaint.

samjjones
06-01-2005, 09:55 AM
I've forwarded your comments to George Lucas, and he was so upset, he said he'll never make another Star Wars movie. Are you happy now?

vulturesrow
06-01-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
9. The technology to save Anakin after he almost drowns in lava is readily available, but padma can't be saved from simple birth complications??!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with a lot of your list, but you missed the point here.

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 10:00 AM
"Wars cost money! Perhaps they could not afford all the technology they once had."

I disagree, you'll find that, atleast in the real world, wars MAKE money and lead to teh advancement of technology.

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you tell me what i missed? Was it the fact that she died from the loss of her lover rather than something physical? Because that would be rather poetic irony on fate, seeing as she lost Anakin becuase he wanted to save her, yet he wouldn't have to save her if he hadn't tried to save her... which would make the movie fatalistic... interesting...

moondogg
06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you tell me what i missed? Was it the fact that she died from the loss of her lover rather than something physical? Because that would be rather poetic irony on fate, seeing as she lost Anakin becuase he wanted to save her, yet he wouldn't have to save her if he hadn't tried to save her... which would make the movie fatalistic... interesting...

[/ QUOTE ]

"There's nothing physically wrong with her, she seems to have lost the will to live", or something like that.

Despite the fact that rogue Jedis in hiding probably don't have the same technology that the Emperor has at his disposal, technology had nothing to do with it.

Edit: It's still a dumb premise IMO. She did just give birth to two children, which should give her plenty of will to live.

chaas4747
06-01-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was the point. When Anakin went to the dark side, she gave up her will to live. Therein lies the situation you described above.

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah, you're right, I remeber that line, the technology argument is invalid, still an awful scene.

Man SWE3 came out here in Hong Kong before Sin City, how wierd is that? Gonna go see Sin City tomorrow, really excited, should be a visual masterpiece.

flair1239
06-01-2005, 10:23 AM
The whole time I watched thius movie, I kept thinking:
"I wish they did not have to have it appeal to 10 year olds."

I think it would have been better as a real dark psychological journey rather than a action film

I also think that Episodes 1 and part of 2 did not need to be made. They could have covered important events with flash backs, that way we would have been spared an Awful episode 1 and a disappointing episode 2.

Brainwalter
06-01-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Wars cost money! Perhaps they could not afford all the technology they once had."

I disagree, you'll find that, atleast in the real world, wars MAKE money and lead to teh advancement of technology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge conflict. Think WWII, rationed gas/food/oil, sacrifices asked of the entire country. Yes, afterward the economy benefitted greatly, but average people were not living high on the hog during the war.

deacsoft
06-01-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a stable and functional society I would agree with you. Rebellions, however, do not have a government and industry working full-time to produce weapons of war.

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
But the issue is that the vehicles, the actual space ships seem to be less manuverable, more bulky, and generally less advanced. How could the rebellion revert to technology so shoddy we don't see any hint of it in Episode 1-3, and also the imperial army, barring the Death Star, also seem to have worse technology. Lucas imo got too excited with what cgi could do and tried to improve the world he had created, but the results are detrimental to the overall believability.

Freakin
06-01-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? I think it was awesome!

Anakin: "I love you, Padme"
Padme: "No, I love you"
Anakin: "I love you more"
Padme: "No, I love you more"
Anakin: "You're beautiful"
Padme: "Only because you love me"
Anakin: "I love you"

And the "It's like she's lost the will to live" made me want to punch George Lucas' (likely) dead mother in the ovaries for ever conceiving such a bitch of a son. He should have quit after THX 1138.

Freakin

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? I think it was awesome!

Anakin: "I love you, Padme"
Padme: "No, I love you"
Anakin: "I love you more"
Padme: "No, I love you more"
Anakin: "You're beautiful"
Padme: "Only because you love me"
Anakin: "I love you"

And the "It's like she's lost the will to live" made me want to punch George Lucas' (likely) dead mother in the ovaries for ever conceiving such a bitch of a son. He should have quit after THX 1138.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said man, that bit of dialogue literally had the the whole theater laughing and yet people came out saying it was a great movie.

theredpill5
06-01-2005, 11:23 AM
I spotted the suckiness of this movie when I saw the commercial for it on TV. I actually laughed when I first saw the trailer for it because it looked ridiculous. Some guy was hanging on the side of a space craft while screaming something stupid. Sorry, I'm not into Star Wars but I totally knew it would suck.

Ulysses
06-01-2005, 11:34 AM
It is hard to disagree with this post.

razor
06-01-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He should have quit after THX 1138.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it hard to disagree with this.

NiceCatch
06-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Thank you. This movie sucked. I actually thought Episode II was superior... much like The Empire Strikes Back was the best of the original three.

What a waste of potential.

samjjones
06-01-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you. This movie sucked. I actually thought Episode II was superior... much like The Empire Strikes Back was the best of the original three.

What a waste of potential.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought Episode II was the worst of the 6.

razor
06-01-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How? The first movie featured bad dialogue, bad acting and a mediocre story.. Why would Star Wars fans be disappointed Lucas was incapable of doing much better in the following 5 movies?

[censored]
06-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Damnit! I liked EP3 but......ummm ya.

ddoggphx
06-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Saw it; loved it.

We prepped for this one, watched the OT again, then Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and the Clone Wars cartoon. So the whole series was fresh in our minds.

Revenge of the Sith was the movie I *wanted* to see back when the prequels were announced. I think this is my second/third favorite in the series. I am of the few that really loved ROTJ mostly because of the Jabba rescue scenes (bikini...) and the showdown at the end, and Luke redeeming the Chosen One, Anakin. I used to put Empire right behind it.

I think Sith is going to be my second favorite after another viewing (if it even takes that). It ties everything together and puts the entire series in a new light. ROTJ was always kind of odd in that I was supposed to be happy that this bad mother...shut yo mouth...Darth Vader got to go to the light. I never felt the emotional connection to that other than through Luke. After this movie, the events in ROTJ are painted in such a different light, and I thought it was a nice tie to have Padme talk about "there's still good in him, I know it" as she dies...with a little baby Luke right beside her. Luke then carries that theme into his final battle against his father, who finally returns to the light. I care a whole lot more *now* that Anakin redeemed himself than I did then. Before it was more "yay Luke, ya saved yer dad." Now it is the redemption of a tragic character who lost his way because of his past and his depth of emotion that he felt for those he loved (mom, Padme).

This movie gave me more appreciation for Attack of the Clones as well, especially the killing of the Tuscan's in revenge for his mother as it set up his unrelenting quest to save Padme in Sith. As he said when he buried his mother "I failed you. I will not fail again." Tragic story, and this movie really tied everything together.

I watched Phantom Menace in the theatre, and was so disappointed that I didn't watch Clones until about 4 months after the DVD came out before I ended my boycott.

Sith was a great moviegoing experience...and the Obi/Anakin moment as Anakin lay legless and beaten was spectacular.

Duke
06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
George Lucas wanted to tell a certain story. He just never really learned how to write.

Considering the script, I think the actors (even Hayden) did a tremendous job. Instead of laughing at them every 5 seconds it was only every 5 minutes. [insert your favorite classically trained British stage actor here] couldn't have delivered the lines any better than any of them.

~D

daveymck
06-01-2005, 01:52 PM
It sucked I really think it was a waste of time.

Plus how come the second death star got built so quick? Were the contractores allowed double time or somthing. and how did it take the spys so long to find the plans from it starting to be built to almost completion I assume 18-20 years later (however old luke is meant to be in episode iv)

Also no woman would lose the will to live after being shown her two kids.

And why did Obi wan not put Anakin out his misery when burning instead of leaving him to burn to death? What honour is in that.

[censored]
06-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Come up with your changes yet?

Duke
06-01-2005, 01:57 PM
I forgot all about that. Thanks for reminding me.

~D

[censored]
06-01-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I forgot all about that. Thanks for reminding me.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sweet looking forward to it.

ThaHero
06-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I agree with a lot of the things you said. The movie had quite a few problems.

I still think that overall it was a good movie though.

YourFoxyGrandma
06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
henrikrh, very nice post.

My thoughts: episode 3 is (somewhat) sucessful only in the context of episodes 4-6--that is to say, we watch a series of events play out that is only exciting to us because we want to see how things become the way the are at the start of episode 4. Were someone to watch the movies in order, never having previously seen 4-6, I think the whole series would be something of a disappointment.

ClaytonN
06-01-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3. Anakins turning to the dark-side was initially slow and looked like it was gonna be put together in a rational way, then suddenly, BAM! "I will do whatever you say master!" So close, yet so far, George.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was one of very few who picked up on that. I guess not.

NiceCatch
06-01-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was one of very few who picked up on that. I guess not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the explanation seems fairly clear to me. After he helped defeat Windu, Anakin had decisively made his choice; do whatever it takes to save Padme from death. So it wasn't like all of a sudden he turned "evil." Basically, he made his choice, and accepted at that point that his fate, and Padme's, were in the hands of the Emperor. That being said, his actions from that point on are quite rational.

People who think Anakin turned into Hitler I think are missing the point. That's why he could be redeemed, as he was in ROTJ.

meep_42
06-01-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could not stop laughing at that in the theatre.

-d

crownjules
06-01-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4. There's no gravity nor air resistance in space, and yet if you watch the space battles... ok, i'm pedantic, but it annoys me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Star Wars was never a "sci-fi" series by the classic definition. In the same line of thought, there wouldn't be massive fireball explosions in space either. It's eye-candy that makes the scenes more spectacular/dramatic and not so dull and boring.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how this is justified...is there anything in I-III on the scale of Star Destroyer or Super Star Destroyer? Oh and what about those two big things...weren't they called Death Stars?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Subjective I guess *shrug*. I thought Episode I's duel was great as well, but III's, especially between Obi-Wan and Anakin, was well choreographed. The end kinda sucked...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you those two.

[ QUOTE ]
12. The jedi were killed too quick, and not a single one of them sense the fact that they were ALL about to die, except yoda.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The dark side clouds everything..." No further explanation needed.

[ QUOTE ]
13. Grevious had nothing on Darth Maul, or any character a 5 year old could make up for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Grevious had potential if some more background had been given to us about him (ie. why has he got organs? what's the deal with the coughing? how did he come to lead the droid army? etc.)

[ QUOTE ]
14. The good guys are captured, unable to escape, and taken to see Grevious, but once they get there they can suddenly escape, the droids that were guarding them are now gone, only 3 remain, which they can kill easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they WANTED to be captured...so that they could try and kill Grevious. That was my view at least of that situation.

[censored]
06-01-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My thoughts: episode 3 is (somewhat) sucessful only in the context of episodes 4-6--that is to say, we watch a series of events play out that is only exciting to us because we want to see how things become the way the are at the start of episode 4. Were someone to watch the movies in order, never having previously seen 4-6, I think the whole series would be something of a disappointment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see who anyone could argue this. It is a good thing Lucas did decide to make them in order.

Dynasty
06-01-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how this is justified...is there anything in I-III on the scale of Star Destroyer or Super Star Destroyer? Oh and what about those two big things...weren't they called Death Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

The original poster is just wrong on this criticism. One clear thing which is happening in the prequel trilogies is the advancing of militar technology in the direction of what we will see in Star Wars and the original trilogy.

The ships the Republic is using during the Clone Wars should be easy to recognize as early, and less sophisticated, designs of Star Destroyers. The same type of thing can be seen in the fighers.

[censored]
06-01-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The original poster is just wrong on this criticism. One clear thing which is happening in the prequel trilogies is the advancing of militar technology in the direction of what we will see in Star Wars and the original trilogy.

The ships the Republic is using during the Clone Wars should be easy to recognize as early, and less sophisticated, designs of Star Destroyers. The same type of thing can be seen in the fighers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep the OP in his zeal to criticize the movie has confussed the substitution of models for CGI which gives a more sophisticated view. The technology timeline within the Starwars universe however is fine.

Frequitude
06-01-2005, 03:54 PM
I thought it sucked as a movie, but was good for the Star Wars story. The saber scenes were slow and just bad.

Woolygimp
06-01-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the phrasing of the OP, the OPer claims to be a fan of the original trilogy. Keep this in mind when reading the following complaints.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations for the exaggeration... but even if it were true and Obi-wan did say it 500 times it wouldn't change the fact that Star Wars is part of the action/sci-fi genre and isn't a local screening of "The Vagina Monologues".

[ QUOTE ]

2. R2-D2's whole ass-kicking at the start of the moive was so stupid, George trying to be funny and cute again, last time that happened we got Jar-Jar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I agree with this one, but this doesn't make a movie terrible. That and the OP is assuming anytime George Lucas tries to be cute we will always end up with something on par with jar-jar. Those of us in touch with reality, realize that this is like saying, "Just because kobe missed a 3-pointer on friday's game means he will miss EVERY single three pointer in the rest of his life." However, this is simply not the case.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you watched the movie you would realize he just helped kill Mace Windu. There was no turning back after that. Coupled with his feelings for padme and the confusion present in the earlier three films i see a entirely beleivable transformation of Anakin to Vader.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well since your a fan of the original trilogy, I don't see how you could ever BEGIN to complain about this?

Oh wait, the OP is a hypocrite moron using slanted bias views to further his deceitful and exaggerated critique about this movie.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was already covered in the posts preceding mine.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When was the last time you saw the saber battles in the original trilogy? The saber battles in the prequels are better beyond comparison.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

7. The dialogue. HAHAHAHAHHAAH.... average.
Another exaggeration.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you take a [censored], the method you use to wipe your ass is stupid.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Covered in previous posts. Padme died of extreme depression and confusion, which does happen in real life (Also happens to husbands and wives).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, im going to have to disagree here. This particular peice of dialogue was horrible but once again it doesn't ruin the movie.

[ QUOTE ]

11. Windu was killed too quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

He beat the crap out of Palpatine for 5 minutes, then gets backstabbed by Anakin on accident. I see nothing wrong here.

What you SHOULD be complaining about is why, "James Bond doesn't get killed at all." He manages to dodge thousands and millions of bullets and thwart bad guys 24/7 yet never retains the slightest scratch.

Quit whining about Windu.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember Yoda saying, "The dark side is clouding our vision" or something similiar. He also said something along the lines as, "We mustn't allow the Senate to know we have lost our foresight."

So that explains why they got owned, without even having the slightest clue. The more powerful ones such as Yoda, could sense it through the force though and were able to escape.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, Grevious isn't your "ideal" villain. Cry me a river.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for pointing out a flaw present in modern day cinema.

[ QUOTE ]
15. The action was lame, akin to episode 1, especially whe obi-wan fight grevious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, Opinion 15. Whether or not you agreed with the previous 14 complaints, this one SHOULD show you just how much of an exaggerating moron the OP is.

ddubois
06-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Are you George Lucas' mom or something?

YourFoxyGrandma
06-01-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see who anyone could argue this. It is a good thing Lucas did decide to make them in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. He clearly didn't make them in order.

[censored]
06-01-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. He clearly didn't make them in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] I meant did not. as in if he started at 1, I don't think we would have 4,5,6.

YourFoxyGrandma
06-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Gotcha.

Wait...so, are you agreeing with me? Or you're saying 4-6 wouldn't be necessary?

[censored]
06-01-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gotcha.

Wait...so, are you agreeing with me? Or you're saying 4-6 wouldn't be necessary?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am agreeing. I think the only reason 1,2,3 get over even a little is because of how good 4,5,6 were. People wanted to know what happened before out of love for the originals.

However if Lucas had started at 1, assuming they were the same as now, I do not think there were be anywhere near the level anticipation to see what happened next, ie 4,5,6.

Basically 1,2,3 only matter because of 4,5,6.

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep the OP in his zeal to criticize the movie has confussed the substitution of models for CGI which gives a more sophisticated view. The technology timeline within the Starwars universe however is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the OP i would like to say, no. In episode 2 (my memory of it si shaky) obi-wan chases jango fett through an asteroid field, jango uses some sort of sonic detonator chages, and both are in much more manuverable spaceships than we see in later installments.

The jedi fight "destroyer" droid in episode 1 and 3, which are incredibly advanced, compared to stormtroopers. If the federation has these ass-kicking droids why do they even need soldiers?

[censored]
06-01-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The jedi fight "destroyer" droid in episode 1 and 3, which are incredibly advanced, compared to stormtroopers. If the federation has these ass-kicking droids why do they even need soldiers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Covered in EP2, where is specifically states the Clone Troopers are superior to droids.

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Congratulations for the exaggeration... but even if it were true and Obi-wan did say it 500 times it wouldn't change the fact that Star Wars is part of the action/sci-fi genre and isn't a local screening of "The Vagina Monologues"."

I guess thats my problem, i didn't want a pop-corn action movie, I wanted an intelligent sci-fi movie w/ action.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yes. I agree with this one, but this doesn't make a movie terrible. That and the OP is assuming anytime George Lucas tries to be cute we will always end up with something on par with jar-jar. Those of us in touch with reality, realize that this is like saying, "Just because kobe missed a 3-pointer on friday's game means he will miss EVERY single three pointer in the rest of his life." However, this is simply not the case."

Ok, you took that one entirely out of context, I am simply highlighting another scene which I didn't enjoy, it is one of a series of complaints, if this was my only complaint then your point would be valid.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"If you watched the movie you would realize he just helped kill Mace Windu. There was no turning back after that. Coupled with his feelings for padme and the confusion present in the earlier three films i see a entirely beleivable transformation of Anakin to Vader."

I would have prefered the slow transformation I thought Lucas was going for, Anakin worked well when he was confused about the forces working around him, about where his loyalties should be, and the scene just didn't work well in ym opinion, but point taken.

"Oh wait, the OP is a hypocrite moron using slanted bias views to further his deceitful and exaggerated critique about this movie."

That was mean, your a meanie. How is my critique deceitful? This is just my opinion. Calm down.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"When was the last time you saw the saber battles in the original trilogy? The saber battles in the prequels are better beyond comparison."

Let's take a quick look at when Episode 4-6 were made and when episode 1 was made... oh wow, not the same. Let's try and keep things in their respective contexts. Episode 1 had better saber fights that episode 3, hence episode 3 saber fights were in my opinion not as good as they should have been.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

7. The dialogue. HAHAHAHAHHAAH.... average.
Another exaggeration.

"7. The dialogue. HAHAHAHAHHAAH.... average... with several segments of absolutely laughable pathetic dialogue"

That much i'll give you

[ QUOTE ]

What you SHOULD be complaining about is why, "James Bond doesn't get killed at all." He manages to dodge thousands and millions of bullets and thwart bad guys 24/7 yet never retains the slightest scratch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes... SW3 is not the worst movie of all time, hence it is a good movie. You should moonlight as a superhero called Logic-slayer-dude.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Oh no, Grevious isn't your "ideal" villain. Cry me a river."

It's a valid critique of the movie, weak characterisation.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Thanks for pointing out a flaw present in modern day cinema."

No, it's a flaw in Lucas' writing.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Alas, Opinion 15. Whether or not you agreed with the previous 14 complaints, this one SHOULD show you just how much of an exaggerating moron the OP is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I link the action in episode 1 to the action in episode 3 because in both Lucas tries to bring in some cool exotic creature (in the Arena in EP1, when Obi fights Grevius in EP3) and both times the scenes are total ass.

I love how instead of contesting the points where you know I'm right you try and attack my integrity, it's just opinions. Oh, and the assumption that I'm a StarWars fan, not really accurate, I've seen all the films, except episode 1 only once.

Eihli
06-01-2005, 10:19 PM
I wish I was better with words. You said a lot of things that I was thinking but I couldn't explain them as well as you.

StevieG
06-01-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from a self proclaimed pedant, "there's no gravity...in space" is a laugher.

Otherwise you make a lot of valid points.

Diplomat
06-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Huh, strange that this (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3) page hasn't been posted yet...

-Diplomat

YourFoxyGrandma
06-01-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Huh, strange that this (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3) page hasn't been posted yet...

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it has. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2531299&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Woolygimp
06-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Maddox is a [censored] moron. If you think this movie sucks, by posting his review you are being counter-productive to your very cause.

Diplomat
06-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure I've ever disliked a movie enough to take up a "cause" against it, but everyone has their priorities.

-Diplomat

[censored]
06-01-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I've ever disliked a movie enough to take up a "cause" against it, but everyone has their priorities.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

Diplomat,

Completely off topic but my brother and still talk about that 22k suckout you took in the party guaranteed about 1 year ago. I'm sure you've since more than recovered but it is one of my strongest poker memories.

wonderwes
06-02-2005, 06:03 AM
The part where Anakin arises as Vader after hurting Windu was weak. Obviously where this film left off, I hope the series will end and never come back.

Wintermute
06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Chewy doesn't appear to age between 3 and 4, while luke, leia, etc all do. So unrealistic. I can't believe GL missed that one, it ruined the movie for me.