PDA

View Full Version : How do you play this AKo? Party $11.

xLukex
05-31-2005, 11:01 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t790)
Button (t785)
SB (t635)
BB (t800)
UTG (t1050)
UTG+1 (t800)
Hero (t800)
MP1 (t800)
MP2 (t740)
MP3 (t800)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t132.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t135</font>, SB calls t135.

Turn: (t402.50) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t402.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: t402.50

MrX
05-31-2005, 11:03 AM
I bet 100 at the flop 75% of the time, the remaining times I check the flop. With the 800 chip starting structure losing more chips on this hand is probably more detrimental than picking up the T132 pot is helpful at this stage.

MrX

xLukex
05-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah...anyways.

How do I know if I should fire again on the turn so early in a SNG? I guess that is the question.

MrX
05-31-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...anyways.

How do I know if I should fire again on the turn so early in a SNG? I guess that is the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

You fire again on the turn here if your hand improves.

kiffl
05-31-2005, 11:15 AM
You should fire again on the turn imo. For some reason in Party 10+1 people always call the flop bet, then fold the turn bet to me.

xLukex
05-31-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your reasoning? It sounds like you have a case of the weak-tight bug.

Unarmed
05-31-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like you have a case of the betting with nothing into an opponent whose most common mistake is calling with middle and bottom pair no kicker bug.

xLukex
05-31-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like you have a case of the betting with nothing into an opponent whose most common mistake is calling with middle and bottom pair no kicker bug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a case of the being right bug. He had a 7.

Le sigh. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MrX
05-31-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not play 10's so take that with a grain of salt.

I am convinced I could fold AKs preflop in Level one and not affect my ROI in a statistically significant way.

My problem with firing on the turn is how much to you bet without pot comittin yourself to calling a reraise. I don't feel ahead here and at least I bought myself a cheap free river with potentially 2 live outs. In a cash game I fire at the turn depending on opposition , but hemorrhaging chips in a SNG is a quick way to kill your ROI. You get buffoons who call you down with any pair or he may be slow playing a big hand...take your free card, don;t lose more chips and kill em with expert bubble play which I assume no one has at this level.

Money is made by good play in later rounds on the bubble and sometimes by doubling up with mosters early. Money is not made by winning small pots in levels 1 and 2.

I don't mind being called weak tight in L1/2 of a SNG. It has served me well. Weak tight in L4+ I am not.

MrX

Moonsugar
05-31-2005, 11:46 AM
I think the way you played it is fine.

You could bet less on flop but your bet is ok.

If you know this guy can fold then you can bet the turn here sometimes. Betting less on the flop will help this line, if you decide to use it.

Can't bet the river without A LOT of history with this player.

EDIT: Just read the chain. Good advice there. Wasted our time. LOL.

Moonsugar
05-31-2005, 11:55 AM
My results improved DRAMATICALLY when I started playing AK more conservatively early in the tournament.

2 flaws:
1) I used to lead into 4 opps w/o hitting the flop.

2) I used to almost always fire again HU with position but w/o improvement.

In both you are just spewing chips. Now, I get the added benefit of checkraising with AA, QQ etc. on favorable flops and people respect my bets/raises with position more.

BradleyT
05-31-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, I get the added benefit of checkraising with AA, QQ etc. on favorable flops and people respect my bets/raises with position more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want them to respect your raises when you have AA?