PDA

View Full Version : Nutflush draw multiway.

elus2
05-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Live 1/2 game 10 handed.

UTG has ~$65 No real reads, he's a young player that doesn't seeem to get out of line.

CO has ~$170 and is somewhat of a LAG. he likes to make raises with lots of hands preflop and gets himself committed with TPTK type hands postflop. He's bluffed me out of a few pots before checkraising 2nd pair and other marginal holdings.

Hero has both opponents covered.

6 limpers, i have A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the big blind and i check.

Flop comes: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet out the pot, UTG pushes. CO calls. What's your move?

Atropos
05-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Get as much money as possible in the pot - reraise all-in.

xorbie
05-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Push.

I'm betting you are against T9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 56, TJ, a set, two pair or something like that. Against most combinations of those you have way more than 33% pot equity.

elus2
05-27-2005, 09:45 PM
these multiway pots with big sidepots always give me some trouble since i have to calculate for equity in the headsup pot in the heat of battle and i do tend to just push all my money in right then and there. do you play it differently if CO and I each have $300 more behind after calling UTG's push?
In most cases I'll have about 40% equity versus CO with little to no folding equity.
results:
UTG has 76o for two pair
CO has JTo for a straight
neither had any spades and i found no help on the turn and river.

iceman5
05-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Dont bet a flush draw into 6 limpers. Check and see what the action looks like coming back to you.

xorbie
05-27-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
these multiway pots with big sidepots always give me some trouble since i have to calculate for equity in the headsup pot in the heat of battle and i do tend to just push all my money in right then and there. do you play it differently if CO and I each have $300 more behind after calling UTG's push?
In most cases I'll have about 40% equity versus CO with little to no folding equity.
results:
UTG has 76o for two pair
CO has JTo for a straight
neither had any spades and i found no help on the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can definitely call the flop if you and CO are deep enough, but you really hate to fold a brick turn here. Your draw is very good, even against the nuts you are 40% so I find it really difficult to find a fold anywhere. I think you played it fine.