PDA

View Full Version : Bottom two, river play problem

ghostface
05-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($34.19)
Hero ($71.39)
BB (Villain) ($160.74)
UTG ($63.87)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, Hero (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB (Villain) raises to $0.5</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.50) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $3.35</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, Villain calls $6.65.

Turn: ($23.50) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, Villain calls $15.

River: ($53.50) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ...

BZ_Zorro
05-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Not experienced at 6 max but thought I'd take a stab...

Villain's line has me confused.

Four handed, best guess he's got KQ, KJ, is confused by your aggression and is calling down hoping he's got the best hand. River is tough, I'd put out a weak blocking bet (say $10) and expect to call a small raise. (edit: The idea of the weak blocking bet here is to confuse him, get value if you're ahead and see a cheap showdown if you're not.)

swolfe
05-26-2005, 03:14 PM
did you lose to A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

i'd check/call the river. i wouldn't be disappointed to see a free showdown, but i'm okay with calling whatever he bets too.

i don't want to make a blocking bet because i don't want to fold to a raise...although if Villain has something good like KK or AK he'll probably be just as worried about the flush card as you are.

hmm, i changed my mind...i think a blocker/value of $35 or so is the best play.

The_Bends
05-26-2005, 03:25 PM
A the SS minraise from the blinds again. Whatever he had on the flop is not that strong or he'd have probably raised the turn. It could be a flush draw but that doesn't really square with the preflop min raise. Basically I don't think you have any clear way to judge what hand he has. I wouldn't be suprised to see K9 here but neither would KQ shock me. I'd check/call anything reasonable (&lt;$40)

TheWorstPlayer
05-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Too short stacked to get away, given your line. Any bet on the river commits you. But checking is leaving a LOT of value on the table. So I would bet $25 and call a push, of course. I wouldn't c/r the flop, though. I'd rather lead the flop. Or c/c flop, lead turn. Or c/c flop, c/r turn. I think c/r flop is the worst line available, honestly.

tripdad
05-26-2005, 03:36 PM
i think this is a great time to try a check/raise for all your chips on the turn.

it looks to me like villain has a big pair...either AK, or AA. if you check to him, he is very likely to bet the turn with these hands, putting you on a weaker K, or a flush draw.

given the way you played this hand, the river is very difficult. i'll let someone better than me give an answer to that one. my thought is that the pot may be too big if you throw out a $20 or so bet to fold to an all-in. if that happens, though, it is highly likely you are beaten, but whether you are beaten often enough to fold in that senario is what gives me problems.

certainly, if you whiff on your check/raise, you could bet out $15 and safely fold to a push.

cheers!