PDA

View Full Version : Too early to get into a big hand...

NYCNative
05-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1500)
UTG (t1780)
UTG+1 (t1500)
UTG+2 (t1500)
MP1 (t1315)
Hero (t1480)
MP3 (t1470)
CO (t1415)
Button (t1300)
SB (t1740)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to t40</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t40, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t20, UTG calls t20.

Flop: (t210) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t20</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls t20, Hero calls t20.

Turn: (t270) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t270</font>, CO calls t270, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to t1350</font>, Hero...

Unarmed
05-23-2005, 11:29 AM
One of the two has J/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif and he's freerolling the river against your nut straight. I think you should fold this and conserve your chips for the bubble.

I would fold AA preflop to this turn action as well, FWIW.

kyro
05-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Definitely too early. I hate doubling up in the first level.

UMTerp
05-23-2005, 11:34 AM
WTF?

Phil Van Sexton
05-23-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely too early. I hate doubling up in the first level.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point. This is especially true in a live game. Stacking all those chips can be a real hassle.

I would value-fold the nuts here.

pooh74
05-23-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One of the two has J/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif and he's freerolling the river against your nut straight. I think you should fold this and conserve your chips for the bubble.

I would fold AA preflop to this turn action as well, FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont understand the last line...but, I cant think of a situation outside someone pointing a gun to my head where I am laying this down to the turn raise all-in.

the PF and flop calls are bad...but you hit THE PERFECT card to reward your bad play...if you make bad plays, dont punish yourself by then laying down the NUT hand. That was the one of three cards you called for!!!

call this in a heartbeat...JTh?!?! lol

kyro
05-23-2005, 11:38 AM
I think this is a pretty easy flop call.

Jibbs
05-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Dammit you two, causing me to laugh out loud at work is going to let the boss man know that I don't do anything around here. Please be more thoughtful and save the witty comments for after 5pm central.

pooh74
05-23-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a pretty easy flop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...didnt realize he was closing the action. If he wasnt, I would rarely even call 20 bc this flop is often getting raised behind me.

In fact...i'd probably find myself exactly in Hero's shoes on this hand...min raise pf with lots of callers, good odds, great drawing hand.

I just dont see how anyone could ever consider folding this turn...I dont know why we're even talking about this hand.

kyro
05-23-2005, 11:43 AM
One more thing, if the title of your post is really how you feel, fold PF please.

NYCNative
05-23-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just dont see how anyone could ever consider folding this turn...I dont know why we're even talking about this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]Because it's early and if I'm against one person with two pair and one person with two hearts I can easily get busted out with my unable-to-improve nuts. Many people here advocate playing hyper-cautiously early. So I wondered what they might do knowing that there were monster draws out there and potentially two opponents.

Unarmed
05-23-2005, 11:48 AM
It's a clear fold. Your overlay on the bubble is too large to risk busting out here. Listen to me and Phil, these other guys are just fish who play the $1s.

pooh74
05-23-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a clear fold. Your overlay on the bubble is too large to risk busting out here. Listen to me and Phil, these other guys are just fish who play the $1s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.

I cant believe I thought you were serious. (sorry)...I guess I get "fold AA pf on the turn" now...yawn...its early for me.

ps...believe it or not Ive seen people give advice like that before, hence my confusion...

adanthar
05-23-2005, 12:25 PM
I fold this and wait for a better spot to triple up

kyro
05-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Do you fold AA against 2 all-iners because it's too early?

zambonidrivr
05-23-2005, 12:32 PM
insta fold. not sure how you could even consider playing this hand after hitting the nuts.

Karak567
05-23-2005, 12:36 PM
I ran this through my pattern mapper and it says easy fold here, you will get sucked out on on the river.

citanul
05-23-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because it's early and if I'm against one person with two pair and one person with two hearts I can easily get busted out with my unable-to-improve nuts. Many people here advocate playing hyper-cautiously early. So I wondered what they might do knowing that there were monster draws out there and potentially two opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're getting a lot of sarcasm and junk from the early risers today.

What do you think the odds are that if your two opponents have respectively 2 pair and 2 hearts that you bust with one card to come here? Hint, they have what, like 13 outs between them, tops, or something. So go look at your price you're getting on your money, and the odds that you're getting, and see if they are even remotely close. Hint: you're ahead on both the odds, and the money, by a lot.

Yes, many advocate playing hyper cautiously: but I don't think that "many" advocate anything remotely close to what you're suggesting. Also, it should be noted that players who advocate playing really super cautiously and tight are often incorrect, or at least not playing optimally.

As a recommendation I would tell you to go read some adanthar posts.

citanul

NYCNative
05-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Wow, you guys were funny. Really, I wanted to make this post to kind of reply to those who advocate laying low in level one.

Of course I called. And here's the results:

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1620</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t1620</font>, UTG+2 calls t0.

River: (t4860) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: t4860

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+2 has Qc Kh (two pair, kings and queens).
Hero has Td Jd (straight, ace high).
CO has Ac Jh (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins t4860. </font>

citanul
05-23-2005, 12:48 PM
the problem is that i think that this is hte first post i've ever seen that considers laying nearly as low as this. so yeah, beyond not liking any sort of post that is meant to "prove a point" without coming out and saying so in the first post, i think you hit the double whammy of going out to post a point about something i don't think anyone had ever said before.

mostly my problem with the posts of the format:

post 1: here's a question
bunch of replies
post 2: post 1 was really me making a point about posts i've seen previously

is the clear amount of "aren't i clever" that clearly goes on in the op's head before starting an obnoxious thread like that.

citanul

kyro
05-23-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You had to go and ruin it for us didn't you?

FWIW, it looks like OP was just jerking us around. Oh well, I got my funny in for today.

Karak567
05-23-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or is he just trying to save face?
You had to go and ruin it for us didn't you?

FWIW, it looks like OP was just jerking us around. Oh well, I got my funny in for today.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/wink.gif jk

Winwood
05-23-2005, 12:52 PM
It just looks like a raptor inspired tall tale to me...at least I thought it was until post #2