PDA

View Full Version : Being Slowrolled (amusing? story)

ekky
05-22-2005, 03:18 AM
The scene was set:

After a family dinner, the table line up looked like this:

SEAT 1: poppa ekky (a reknowned math whizz but could not conver to the poker table)
SEAT 2: momma ekky (repeatedly asked what hand beat what hand. WPT fanatic)
SEAT 3: mrs ekky (well, girlfriend) watched ekky on numerous occasions.
SEAT 4: brother ekky. (reasonable $5 sng player, taught by ekky)
SEAT 5: MRS brother ekky (about as reasonable as momma ekky)
SEAT 6: EKKY himself. (poker whizkid... mathematical genius and game theory expert)

----------------------------------------

TOURNAMENT DETAILS:

$5 sng. 1500 chips to start. Blinds increase as and when we get bored.

I immediately opposed this structure, as it didn't allow me the opportunity to formulate an optimal strategy, but the family rampantly beat down my protestations, so being outnumbered, the game commenced.

Using my superior skill.. i decided to play tight in the early levels, knowing that these loose amateurs were going to donate their chips to me at some stage.

After 3 hands, the chip stacks were as follows:

poppa ekky: OUT (busted str8 draw with 3/8 on a A/2/K flop)
momma ekky: 3000 chips. (4/4 beat poppa ekkys str8 draw after an all in coup on the flop)
brother/mrs brother ekky: 1500/1500. (I was watching here suspiciously... maybe these two were colluding?)
EKKY: 1500 chips. Playing a waiting game
Mrs Ekky: banished to the sidelines for 15 minutes for asking my advice on a hand. One person to a hand please Joanne.

We decided to raise the blinds once poppa ekky was out. This is when i decided to pounce.

After 15 hands, my plan had born the benefits.

EKKY CHIP COUNT: 800

(momma ekky called a 300 chip bet on the river with K HIGH.)

I derided her for the call... but that was not welcomed by the rest of team ekky.. so i was banished to the sin bin (bar) for 15 min

Upon return, and with a couple of vodkas as fuel, I was ready for action.

**** when i was on the side line. I got a tell on momma ekky. When she had a hand, she would scratch her face with her left hand. I was sure to take advantage of this on my journey to tourmanent victory.

First hand back, I gloriously doubled through off Mrs Ekky when I sucked out on her Q/8 with my mediocre A/A.

Then this happened.

the blinds were 50/100... and I got QQ UTG. AHA.. i thought. Its time to show these fools just who the master is.

I smooth called, trapping these peasants for every cent they are worth. Mrs Ekky/brother ekky and mrs brother ekky abruptly got out the way (did I have a tell? maybe me saying "im gonna bust you this hand gave them a clue)

so it was down to me and momma ekky.

flop was 10/10/3. Bingo!! I craftily put out a bet of 200... and momma ekky merely called. I was rubbing my imaginary hands with glee at the massacre i was about to inflict.

The turn was a 10. I quickly said "for fucks sake" out loud, as a deflective tell. Momma picked up on this. SHe scratched her nose with her right hand, and bet 200 chips. I was not going to betray my domination so easily.

"are you bluffing?" "you think you can outplay me?" "ok.. i just call"

river was an inconsequential 7. I checked, with that feeling of glee that comes from knowing you are finally going to be able to prove to your kin that you are a poker genius.

The skin was scratched, the nose was rubbed, and momma says:

"i bet 200."

using my oft deplyed subterfuge tactic... I pounce:

"you are bluffing, I am all in"

momma ekky looks at her cards for a few seconds, looks at the board, sighs and says "i will call"

I punch the air, knowing a winning hand when I see one, and proceed to say.... QQ.. thanks for paying me off.

She smiles wryly and says... "wow.. nh"

I think to myself.... "yeah, very nice hand. Its suckers like you that payed for my new car"

However, in the middle of my back-slapping ponderance, she says "but i think I have you beat"

she turns over 10/J

i quickly try and tell her that the hand doesn't count because you need to use both hole cards, but this is pounced on by the armchair rules experts. (poppa ekky and mrs ekky)

After slamming my fist on the table and stealing her glass of wine, I proceeded to look for the cat in order to eradicate my angst.

No cat was forthcoming, so after momma ekky poured herself another wine, i stealthily crept up behind her and drank it in one mouthful.

After exacting my revenge, i skulked off to the study to play on Pokerstars, rather then have to sit and watch the conclusion of that travesty.

Some of you mite be thinking..was that the bad beat you took>?

oh no my friends.. the bad beat was when my gf refused to sleep in my bed because i was "rude to my mother"

In one night, i was slowrolled by momma, and refused 28 seconds of pleasure from my gf.

I have made it a pact never to play homegames again, for they cause more problems then they are worth.

apologies for this random wittering, but I just felt like getting this off my chest!

happy pokering

ekky

bluefeet
05-22-2005, 03:22 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CliffsNotes
05-22-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Played a home game with my family members.

Berated Mom for playing badly.

Thought I won a big hand, but Mom actually had sucked out on me and slowrolled me.

Girlfriend wasn't happy with my behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

LeVoodoo
05-22-2005, 03:50 AM
I like the new guy.

gasgod
05-22-2005, 03:50 AM
Two well-written and amusing stories in one night. A real treat!

GG

lastchance
05-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Don't ever limp QQ preflop with high blinds. Actually, don't ever limp QQ preflop, period.