PDA

View Full Version : The correct way to correct a cock-blocker?

poker-penguin
05-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok, last night, a group of us are at a bar, and I agree to fly wingman for a buddy.

He goes over and starts talking to the girls, and waves me over a couple minutes later when it's clear the one he's interested (short hot brunette, big breasts) in isn't going to tell him to get lost.

I start blatantly abusing my accent with the friend to keep her happy and give buddy a clear run. She's a pretty hot tall redhead, so it wasn't a huge hardship. Problem is, the brunette keeps flirting with me too (OK, so that's a pretty good problem to have).

Anyway, a little while later, the redhead and I are all over each other, above and under the table, when Buddy starts intervening "that's not how things work in Canada" "Let me know if you want me to call him off" all that sort of stuff.

So when closing time comes round, we end up just swapping phone numbers. I'm blaming Buddy.

What's my course of action?

And no, I'm not sticking in in his pooper, even as a correctional technique.

TStoneMBD
05-21-2005, 10:23 PM
thats definitely retarded of him to do that. never wingman for him again unless he makes it up to you big time. what a dumbass he is. :[

RunDownHouse
05-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Wiat, is "Buddy" your buddy from the first paragraph? If so, tell him not to be such a jackoff, and seriously consider whether or not he is a douche.

If your friends do this on a regular basis, consider the fact that you might be a douche as well.

ethan
05-21-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, a little while later, the redhead and I are all over each other, above and under the table

[/ QUOTE ]
At this point your buddy's supposed to turn to the brunette and say "let's give them some privacy" and leave with her. The brunette won't want her friend to be the only one getting laid.

Blarg
05-21-2005, 10:56 PM
With friends like that, who needs enemies.

Sounds like maybe you were getting kind of crazy at the table there, but it doesn't sound like your buddy picked a good way to handle it. Doesn't sound like you handled it well either -- if she was that into you, you should have gotten another table or taken a walk with her and not come back, or something, if that was at all possible.

TimM
05-21-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't sound like you handled it well either -- if she was that into you, you should have gotten another table or taken a walk with her and not come back, or something, if that was at all possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just look up and say to your buddy: "Are you still here?"

2+2 wannabe
05-22-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, a little while later, the redhead and I are all over each other, above and under the table

[/ QUOTE ]
At this point your buddy's supposed to turn to the brunette and say "let's give them some privacy" and leave with her. The brunette won't want her friend to be the only one getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is everyone on this board not getting laid daily with advice like this?

poker-penguin
05-22-2005, 01:16 AM
This doesn't happen on a regular basis (thankfully).

I have no idea what (ok if) I was thinking when things started getting crazy. It probably wasn't the best idea, and once I start getting somewhere, I lose all ability to make complicated plans like "getting another table"

Also, to be fair, maybe I paid too much attention to the brunette's flirting. I never actively tried to get with her, even though there were threesome hints when Buddy left the table, but I'll admit that I'm overly friendly to hot girls.

I'm definately not without blame here. Plus, Buddy is a good guy. He gets his share of the beer, more if he hits a slot payout, is probably a little better looking than me, and is a big guy to have on my side when I'm behaving like a drunken [censored].

I'll ask him what the hell he was playing at, maybe there's a good explanation (like the redhead has a 300lb rig pig boyfriend) or something, then explain that if I want to hook up with a hot chick in a bar, then I should damn well be allowed to hook up with a hot chick in a bar (assuming she wants to, which was definately the case).

His sister is pretty hot though...

HopeydaFish
05-22-2005, 01:45 AM
I had a buddy like this too (nothice the past tense). He'd act like a total ass clown and ruins it for the rest of us if it looked like someone else was going to get laid and he wasn't. He'd do stuff like mention my (non-existent) girlfriend in front of a girl I was talking to, or would hit on the same girl I was hitting on and end up scaring her away by being an ass, or would suddenly start pestering me to drive him home, etc...anything to ruin it for me. It got old very quickly.

And no, he wasn't gay. He was just an idiot who couldn't stand watching other people score while he was getting shot down. He was just about the most insecure person I've ever known.

shemp
05-22-2005, 01:50 AM
The thing about people that you can't count on is that you can't count on them. Now you know. Nail his sister and post pics to OOT. That should fix this problem.

somethingstupid
05-22-2005, 02:00 AM
Get a new buddy. Get drunk with him. Find some women. Bone them.

ScottyP431
05-22-2005, 03:52 AM
You forgot "death penalty" on your list of options

3rdEye
05-22-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, last night, a group of us are at a bar, and I agree to fly wingman for a buddy.

He goes over and starts talking to the girls, and waves me over a couple minutes later when it's clear the one he's interested (short hot brunette, big breasts) in isn't going to tell him to get lost.

I start blatantly abusing my accent with the friend to keep her happy and give buddy a clear run. She's a pretty hot tall redhead, so it wasn't a huge hardship. Problem is, the brunette keeps flirting with me too (OK, so that's a pretty good problem to have).

Anyway, a little while later, the redhead and I are all over each other, above and under the table, when Buddy starts intervening "that's not how things work in Canada" "Let me know if you want me to call him off" all that sort of stuff.

So when closing time comes round, we end up just swapping phone numbers. I'm blaming Buddy.

What's my course of action?

And no, I'm not sticking in in his pooper, even as a correctional technique.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG WTF TK

Blarg
05-22-2005, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had a buddy like this too (nothice the past tense). He'd act like a total ass clown and ruins it for the rest of us if it looked like someone else was going to get laid and he wasn't. He'd do stuff like mention my (non-existent) girlfriend in front of a girl I was talking to, or would hit on the same girl I was hitting on and end up scaring her away by being an ass, or would suddenly start pestering me to drive him home, etc...anything to ruin it for me. It got old very quickly.

And no, he wasn't gay. He was just an idiot who couldn't stand watching other people score while he was getting shot down. He was just about the most insecure person I've ever known.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a friend exactly like that. Well, two of them. One guy, and one girl.

Anyway, your description is so similar, we're probably talking about the same guy.

wacki
05-22-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He'd do stuff like mention my (non-existent) girlfriend in front of a girl I was talking to, or would hit on the same girl I was hitting on and end up scaring her away by being an ass, or would suddenly start pestering me to drive him home, etc...anything to ruin it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not a friend. That is a an assbeating long overdue.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

blasphemy. Blarg is better/smarter then that.

gamblore99
05-22-2005, 04:39 AM
I have a friend who is not the best looking of the bunch. Often times when he is in front of people he doesn't know, mainly girls, he tries to make himself seem cool by putting other people down. This can be very irritating when trying to meet girls. Usually before we go out I take him aside and discuss this. He acknowledges it, apologizes and then is pretty good. So ya, just talk to him about it, he'll probably look back and realize he was an ass, apologize. Also make sure to bring this up the next time you go out so its fresh in his mind.

Dead
05-22-2005, 04:40 AM
Stick it in his pooper.

poker-penguin
05-22-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stick it in his pooper.

[/ QUOTE ]
What did I say right at the end of the first post?

HopeydaFish
05-22-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, your description is so similar, we're probably talking about the same guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, unless you live in Ottawa, Ontario, it's probably two different people. However, I've seen this sort of thing in other insecure people as well, so I think this behaviour something that is fairly common. The guy I described was a very extreme example of this sort of antisocial behaviour, though. As I wrote before, he was *the* most insecure person I've ever known, so the fact that he was also the worst wingman I've ever known is not surprising.