CO (800)
Button (790)

UTG1+2 limp

Hero is MP1 with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Raises TO 70
Folded to BB who calls
UTG1+2 fold

Flop

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villian: Bets 200

Hero:?
Results to follow

Dudd
05-19-2005, 03:37 AM
Pushes and doubles up.

liucipher
05-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Hero: Pushes and starts another $11 when Villain reveals 22.

Realistically, I don't know what to do with this hand. There's not enough room where you can reraise without pretty much committing yourself or crippling yourself for the rest of the tourney.

If the Villain has any sort of holding you should be afraid of though, he would typically check/raise your inevitable continuation bet on that flop. In fact, he would most likely check/call given how uncoordinated it is.

There is the chance he has a monster and is trying to provoke you into pushing by "overbetting." The problem is, 200 into a 180 pot doesn't seem like "I'm betting oddly so I must be bluffing." It feels more like "My A9, A6, TT, JJ, 88, 77, or AK even is most likely the best hand, so it's time to take this pot down."

I push I think, just cause I don't like folding QQ at any point in a tourney unless there's A, K, or 4-to-the-something on the board.

greenroom1
05-19-2005, 04:50 AM
That was my logic. I felt if had a stong hand he would have checked raised after the flop, or reraised preflop. I was only beat by AA, KK, or a set after the flop. There wasn't a flush draw. I figured I was against AK-A9.

I reraised all in

Villian immediately called and showed KK and took down the pot.

I usually will push in this situation. I think it is the right move even though you are occasionally beat by a set, KK, or AA. Do most of you feel the same. My logic is that you will usually be looking at high unpaired cards or JJ-88, not KK, or AA in an unreraised pot. If I were in the Villians position, I would be more likely to call with AK-AJ maybe A10.(I wouldn't play A9). I would probably call with JJ-88s. I would reraise with KK for sure, and likely with AA, but I might call with that hand and try to trap. I don't think there is a way of knowing if he is on AA or KK preflop without a reraise. I think going all in after the flop is correct with QQ. It is just going to lose to AA and KK every now and then. I would be curious to know if anyone would have played this differently.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DasLeben
05-19-2005, 05:04 AM
It sucks that you ran into kings, but QQ is just too strong as an overpair on this flop to lay down. Try to think of it as the correct play, and not that it's questionable because you ran into a bigger hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Do most of you feel the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

greenroom1
05-19-2005, 05:07 AM
That is what I am thinking as well, but I wanted to make sure this is the correct play. I am a relatively new player.

pergesu
05-19-2005, 05:08 AM
Fold. It's 110-1 that he has AA or KK, and you're just not getting good pot odds.

greenroom1
05-19-2005, 05:14 AM
1/110 for the AA, KK

Seems like the push is the right move since 99/100 you'll be facing an inferior hand.

pergesu
05-19-2005, 05:16 AM
Oh okay, I didn't look at it that way.

Guess this is just a bad beat then.

And in case you haven't caught on...don't post bad beats.

DasLeben
05-19-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold. It's 110-1 that he has AA or KK, and you're just not getting good pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1/110 for the AA, KK

Seems like the push is the right move since 99/100 you'll be facing an inferior hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perg is an evil evil fishy crook. Ignore him. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ChuckNorris
05-19-2005, 05:19 AM
In my opinion it's clearly a push. I would push it in a 30+3 as well. However, in a 11$ sng the villain may easily call your push and show you two overcards or middle pair /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You have to push here.

greenroom1
05-19-2005, 05:22 AM
Thanks

His reponse made no sense. I have seen some other strange resposes like this on other posts. Are there a lot of these idiots out there.

DasLeben
05-19-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks

His reponse made no sense. I have seen some other strange resposes like this on other posts. Are there a lot of these idiots out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he was joking. Perg is my homie, so I had to give him [censored] for it.

greenroom1
05-19-2005, 05:28 AM
Would you not push this hand on a $50 SNG? I think I would push this in most situations. I am playing mostly at the 10-20 level.

raptor517
05-19-2005, 05:36 AM
folding should never even be a thought here. holla

ChuckNorris
05-19-2005, 05:42 AM
I don't see why I wouldn't push it at any level. However, 30+3 is the highest level I've played several hundred tournies at. I don't see the BB's call preflop and then betting the flop out of position as a sign of any particular strength. If he'd checkraise the flop, I might consider folding in higher levels, but never in a 10+1. Unless I knew the player to be a 2+2er or something.

raptor517
05-19-2005, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he'd checkraise the flop, I might consider folding in higher levels

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you consider folding to a flop check raise.. even at the higher levels? dont play if you would be playing scared money. people still play awful. a lead out THAT strong usually doesnt signify a great deal of strength. there are still plenty of donks in the 109s and 215s. holla

ChuckNorris
05-19-2005, 05:52 AM
I think it's always good to think about what you're doing and why. I just thought about the situation for 30 seconds after posting that, and came to the conclusion that hell no, I wouldn't fold it to a checkraise. I'm not experienced enough to come to every decision in a heartbeat.

I've recently played some 50+5's during weekends, and with the amount of 'donks' there, it's easy to believe that 109s and 215s should be relatively soft as well.