PDA

View Full Version : Haha, what I get myself into.

1C5
05-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Man o man. Party $11.

Your play? Look at the stacks haha.
Big stack has been a bully, 40% VPIP.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1800)
SB (t5545)
BB (t540)
UTG (t115)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, SB calls t500, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1400) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t4945 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?

kyro
05-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Haha, good one.

Wait, you're serious? Come on 1C5, you're a decent player from what I've seen over the past few months. Don't tell me you're actually considering folding this?

octaveshift
05-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Ummm, call?

zambonidrivr
05-18-2005, 02:08 PM
he can kiss his stack good bye. gg.

please don't tell me you laid this one down. F the big stack. They are typically the loosest, luckiest player at the table. The kind that rasises with crap out of position and pushes when they are dominated and catch a lucky river.

Rosencrantz1
I don't like the flop bet - I would push here.

1C5
Don't worry I called, but these are the situations where it would be a kick in the crotch to lose to 2 pair or a last card flush for 4th place.

kyro
05-18-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry I called, but these are the situations where it would be a kick in the crotch to lose to 2 pair or a last card flush for 4th place.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the odds that bully big stack has you beat or will hit his miracle against you are...

I'll give you a hint. Amarillo ____

tricolore
05-18-2005, 02:27 PM
I think this situation is either a push or a fold FP. A small raise invites the big stack to see a flop and then you have to play with a guy willing to gamble --- when you are virtually assured 3rd place if you wait a couple hands. I want this guy to gamble with me after I made it ITM.

Sadly enough, I fold FP here. If big stack is a bit of a maniac, I don't want to take the chance of him calling me right now, even if I am a favorite.

If you loose, you are EV -20$. If you win, not sure your EV is +20$... even if you weight it by the win/loss probability.

sofere
05-18-2005, 02:57 PM
I think you made your choice PF...you just gotta stick to it. If you are afraid of bubbling, fold PF. FWIW, I think folding here is bad but not horrible.

I don't think pushing is great here. The raise gives you a chance to get out if BS pushes and BB doesn't come along. Don't want coinflips or even 60/40s.

IMO, big stack should've pushed any two here and put you to a big decision as BB would have likely folded as he would probably try to limp to money.

That said, on the flop if you don't want to make a decision to call for all your chips after you hit a great flop, simply push. If you are trying take a risk and double up, your bet was fine (as it seemed likely BS would just push anything here as your bet looks scared). I think pushing this flop would have been a better line cause I don't want a showdown here and there are plenty of chips in there already.