PDA

View Full Version : Antonio the magician is my hero, i wish i can grow up to be like him

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
05-15-2005, 02:14 PM
feature in ALL-IN magazine

http://www.allinmagazine.com/articles.asp?idArticle=277&idMagazine=29

thanks antonio for tips on how to go nightclubbing...

"There's a long line of rockstars-in-their-minds at the door, waiting behind the proverbial velvet rope, hoping to get in, hoping that their Scarface Tony Montana (boys) or Paris Hilton (girls) look will get them the green light from Cory and his men at the door. We don't wait of course. We've booked a table with bottle service. So we pass under the jealous gaze of the rope riders and slide inside. Poor rubes, they'll waste their night on the rope line, hoping just to pay the $20 "official" cover, and turtle into the club if they get the chance."

wow I WISH I WAS COOL LIKE ANTONIO AND GET FIRST DIBS TO THE CLUB cuz' I'm A CELEBRITY

"DJ AM is spinning the steel wheels. He's flown in from LA specially for this gig and right now he's chilling the crowd with some smooth dub house but later he'll have everyone bouncing to his beat like puppets on a string. Props to the man, when he gets workin', he's Pavlov and we're his dogs. "

SWEET you a PSYCHOLOGIST NOW?!

"The night ripens. Some petite betties from Canada drift over, shyly orbiting our booth, looking for a way to break the ice. Silly betties, just being them is all the icebreaking they need. But we know what they're thinking – have they seen us on TV or what? To help them out, I give them my trademark "Antonio wave," and they break out into squeals of laughter. "I knew it!" shrieks one. "I knew it was him!"'

wow i didn't know the wave can get you chicks...SHIIT i'm gonna do that now!!

"Celebrity has its privileges."

you're a celebrity? damn i want to masturbate in you..

that's it..i'm dedicating my life to being "The Magician"...[censored] i am so cool...I AM COOL AND YOU ARE NOT! EAT IT! I also do the WAVE!! i get chicks too!!

DDH
05-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Someone sounds bitter about having to spend all night waiting in line to get into the club.

TheShootah
05-15-2005, 02:36 PM
You beat me to it. That was a thing of beauty my friend. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

blaze666
05-15-2005, 02:50 PM
im going to save up all my testosterone, and then thn grow a little goatee just like antonio. iv'e always thought that it is ironic that he has a goatee, and his nanme is antonio. if there was any name accociated with goatee's, it would be antonio. or mabye 'fernando'.

cwsiggy
05-15-2005, 03:04 PM
As soon as his B movie actress girlfriend realizes what a tool he is and dumps him and he blows through his bankroll, he'll be back to standing in line at the Have a Nice Day cafes.

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
05-15-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As soon as his B movie actress girlfriend realizes what a tool he is and dumps him and he blows through his bankroll, he'll be back to standing in line at the Have a Nice Day cafes.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's the one with jennifer tilly?
i thought it his friend phil laak the UNABOMBER

the point of the thread is how some or maybe most poker players..especially the ones who make it on tv become really full of themselves. like danny negronu said.."we're just poker players.."
it seems like the young upstarts who make it on tv....walk around like they deserve a cookie and demand an autograph.
i think most need a reality check...you're not a "real" celebrity..you're not like michael jordan, tiger woods, etc. you're just an effing poker player...and that's it.

antonio was just some joe shmo who was studying engineering in college...probably not getting any chicks. now with all this sudden fame i guess it's normal to start acting like a braggadocio.

Hold'me
05-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Phil Laak is dating Jennifer Tilly, who by the way is so friggin' old. I think Antonio is dating Shannon Elizabeth, though I'm not 100% sure.

Nope, I looked it up on google, they're just good "friends". /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

PokerProdigy
05-15-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
feature in ALL-IN magazine

http://www.allinmagazine.com/articles.asp?idArticle=277&idMagazine=29

"There's a long line of rockstars-in-their-minds at the door, waiting behind the proverbial velvet rope, hoping to get in, hoping that their Scarface Tony Montana (boys) or Paris Hilton (girls) look will get them the green light from Cory and his men at the door. We don't wait of course. We've booked a table with bottle service. So we pass under the jealous gaze of the rope riders and slide inside. Poor rubes, they'll waste their night on the rope line, hoping just to pay the $20 "official" cover, and turtle into the club if they get the chance."

wow I WISH I WAS COOL LIKE ANTONIO AND GET FIRST DIBS TO THE CLUB cuz' I'm A CELEBRITY

"DJ AM is spinning the steel wheels. He's flown in from LA specially for this gig and right now he's chilling the crowd with some smooth dub house but later he'll have everyone bouncing to his beat like puppets on a string. Props to the man, when he gets workin', he's Pavlov and we're his dogs. "

SWEET you a PSYCHOLOGIST NOW?!

"The night ripens. Some petite betties from Canada drift over, shyly orbiting our booth, looking for a way to break the ice. Silly betties, just being them is all the icebreaking they need. But we know what they're thinking – have they seen us on TV or what? To help them out, I give them my trademark "Antonio wave," and they break out into squeals of laughter. "I knew it!" shrieks one. "I knew it was him!"'

"Celebrity has its privileges."

you're a celebrity? damn i want to masturbate in you..

that's it..i'm dedicating my life to being "The Magician"...[censored] i am so cool...I AM COOL AND YOU ARE NOT! EAT IT! I also do the WAVE!! i get chicks too!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is honestly the funniest post I have read on the 2+2 forum, and that is saying alot.

P.S. This may sound like I am being sarcastic, but I swear to you I am dead serious. I was busting out laughing when I read this post.

PokerProdigy
05-15-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I especially can NOT believe he did this.

I think "the Wave" = NO GAME

hicherbie
05-15-2005, 05:01 PM
its because hes a douchebag.

Kurwood Derby
05-15-2005, 05:15 PM
He's an idiot. Of course, that means he's the perfect role model for the 2+2 crowd. Well, maybe Scott Fishman. Its a toss-up.

PokerProdigy
05-15-2005, 05:43 PM
What do you guys think? Is giving up both testicles still a positive EV move to be as cool as Antonio?

ed8383
05-15-2005, 05:55 PM
I heard that David Williams is dating the girl that plays the Matador's daughter on tilt. Now she is hot!

PokerProdigy
05-15-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard that David Williams is dating the girl that plays the Matador's daughter on tilt. Now she is hot!

[/ QUOTE ]

She is definitely HOT!!! If that's true, way to go David Williams. But this sounds like a myth honestly.

krabby5
05-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Antonio and Shannon Elizabeth...

I dont know which is funnier..that or that Barker dude from Blink 182 marrying that Playboy model...

I'll never understand that stuff...

You'll never see Brad Pitt with Rosie O'Donnell (even if she wasnt gay)

PokerProdigy
05-15-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because us guys are really into physical appearance. Girls are more attracted to things like personality, fame, money, and power.

blatz
05-15-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There's a long line of rockstars-in-their-minds at the door

[/ QUOTE ]

How a body waving bad boy can even attempt to understand someone who is a "rockstar-in-their mind" just shows how real he remains.

Hell, I commend him for not spitting on the fools in line and then slipping Cory and his boys a c-note each to give them all wedgies. Definitely can see how full of themselves posers can get to a dude like him who's just trying to keep it real. Could Chris Fergusson really tolerate this guy for a night out?

If he had a website detailing his day to day adventures, I would pay to read it...truly awesome stuff.

PokerProdigy
05-15-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How a body waving bad boy can even attempt to understand someone who is a "rockstar-in-their mind" just shows how real he remains.

Hell, I commend him for not spitting on the fools in line and then slipping Cory and his boys a c-note each to give them all wedgies. Definitely can see how full of themselves posers can get to a dude like him who's just trying to keep it real. Could Chris Fergusson really tolerate this guy for a night out?

If he had a website detailing his day to day adventures, I would pay to read it...truly awesome stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

F*cking Hilarious /images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. Does anybody else think it's funny that Chris "Jesus" Fergusen is going to a nightclub? I just can't picture it.

Autocratic
05-15-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because us guys are really into physical appearance. Girls are more attracted to things like personality, fame, money, and power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention physical appearance. Why do we let them vote, anyway?

Antonio is NOT a celebrity. As someone in college, I'd say very, very few people follow big poker pros. And even when many know ten or twenty big names, he is not one of them. I can't believe that any girls would know who he is in a club, let alone identify him by the wave. I'd notice poker pros in everyday situations, but no one who doesn't follow poker vehemontly would have no idea.

PokerProdigy
05-15-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Antonio is NOT a celebrity. As someone in college, I'd say very, very few people follow big poker pros. And even when many know ten or twenty big names, he is not one of them. I can't believe that any girls would know who he is in a club, let alone identify him by the wave. I'd notice poker pros in everyday situations, but no one who doesn't follow poker vehemontly would have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I wasn't calling Antonio a top pro. And by the way, Shannon Elizabeth is married to some rocker/biker looking dude, so the Antonio and Shannon Elizabeth thing is a myth. But I bet there are alot of people who've seen his face on TV, because so many people are watching poker these days. So for the young "betties" (that means girls in case you're NOT as cool as Antonio), I imagine that some of them have seen Antonio The Pimp Ass Magician, because their dads, guy friends, etc... might watch poker.

Nottom
05-16-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I dont know which is funnier..that or that Barker dude from Blink 182 marrying that Playboy model...

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Antonio might not be Brad Pitt, but comparing him to Rosie O'Donnell is retarded.

tripdad
05-16-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I wasn't calling Antonio a top pro. And by the way, Shannon Elizabeth is married to some rocker/biker looking dude, so the Antonio and Shannon Elizabeth thing is a myth. But I bet there are alot of people who've seen his face on TV, because so many people are watching poker these days. So for the young "betties" (that means girls in case you're NOT as cool as Antonio), I imagine that some of them have seen Antonio The Pimp Ass Magician, because their dads, guy friends, etc... might watch poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

shannon is getting divorced. her and antonio have not officially announced they are dating(her divorce is not final), but it is pretty obvious they are.

as a side note, antonio once copped a feel on my wife, and i've known shannon elizabeth(not her real name, BTW) for 20 years, though we have not spoken or e-mailed for about 3 years now.

cheers!

MicroBob
05-16-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd notice poker pros in everyday situations, but no one who doesn't follow poker vehemontly would have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

My GF knows who Antonio is. And she knows NOTHING about poker.
But they had a feature of him doing his little magic act on the WPT and she thinks he's pretty cute.
I keep trying to tell her that he's actually a total jack-ass (with that 'wave' thing and all) but she doesn't listen.

I pointed out Chris Ferguson on the cruise and she had no idea who that was. The first life-size cut-out of Mike Sexton that she saw she said 'who the hell is that guy?'

but antonio and a couple other poker-players she would recognize in a heart-beat I suspect.

even her little brother knows about the whole Antonio/Shannon Elizabeth thing.

not sure why any of this matters though.
a douche-bag is still a douche-bag whether he's as famous as he thinks he is...or not.

Because of his magic crap he has become one of the more famous poker-players out there.

Maybe not of Negreneau or Brunson or Hellmuth recognizability.
But he's up there (whether he deserves to be or not).

hotdog da 2rd
05-16-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Does anybody else think it's funny that Chris "Jesus" Fergusen is going to a nightclub? I just can't picture it.

[/ QUOTE ]

does a bear [censored] in the woods.....well does it? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
05-16-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

F*cking Hilarious /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i got some proof
http://www.improving.org/gallery/pokerplayers/IMG_0784

GO JESUS GO!! BRING SALVATION TO ALL!!

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
05-16-2005, 03:24 AM
GO JESUS GO (http://www.improving.org/gallery/pokerplayers/IMG_0784)

sorry 'bout that don't know how to upload pics...still so money

RicP
05-16-2005, 03:27 AM
After Jesus busted out of the ME last year I saw him at the Hard Rock at about 4 am talking with 2 beautiful blondes.

AMEN

The_Tracker
05-16-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Give me a break. Poker is all over TV. Antonio is seen often on TV winning large amounts of money playing poker.

You seriously think this is not going to bring him some degree of fame?

Reality check please. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

thatpfunk
05-16-2005, 06:14 AM
That pic is really funny. I'm just imagining Jesus grinding Annie to some 50 Cent or something...

grandgnu
05-16-2005, 06:58 AM
That pic of Jesus and Annie is frigging awesome, they're getting freak nasty.

Now as far as Antonio goes, his whole tirade about getting chicks at the club is bogus. It's just a front to cover up what a frigging [censored] he is.

The "wave" is the queerest, clown-ass move ever invented, for poker or anything else for that matter.

And please keep this to yourselves, but I'm pretty sure Josh Arieh is doing Antonio up the ass. Still waiting for the secret videotape and/or pics to be released.

p.s. Yes, Phil Laak is dating Jennifer Tilly, and she is old. Gimme some Natalie Portman, Anna Kournakova, Jessica Alba or Britney Spears 14-year old sister, w00t! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
05-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Every time I see AE, I think about his poor parents. I can see the look on Dad's face when the kid comes home in a cape telling them he's going to be a magician. Then a few years later he's going to be a professional poker player. I guess they're o.k. with it now, but what his parents have gone through...LOL.

PokerProdigy
05-16-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Antonio might not be Brad Pitt, but comparing him to Rosie O'Donnell is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PokerProdigy
05-16-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That pic is really funny. I'm just imagining Jesus grinding Annie to some 50 Cent or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was probably something like Genuine (maybe even Pony /images/graemlins/confused.gif)

PokerProdigy
05-16-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And please keep this to yourselves, but I'm pretty sure Josh Arieh is doing Antonio up the ass. Still waiting for the secret videotape and/or pics to be released.

[/ QUOTE ]

Autocratic
05-16-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Give me a break. Poker is all over TV. Antonio is seen often on TV winning large amounts of money playing poker.

You seriously think this is not going to bring him some degree of fame?

Reality check please. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying that perception of fame is probably hard to judge with something like poker, where you're surrounded by poker enthusiasts more often than not. Antonio is far more famous than the average person, but he's no where close to even a mediocre TV persona.

Rick Nebiolo
05-16-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is Chris Fergusen is an excellent ballroom and swing type dancer.

~ Rick

grandgnu
05-16-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is Chris Fergusen is an excellent ballroom and swing type dancer.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear he makes a mean baked alaska. I guess there's only one solution here...............DANCE OFF! (unfortunately, my only move is "the running man" and it's pretty spastic. I have GOT to learn to pop n' lock)

PuckNPoker
05-16-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He isnt skipping the line because he is a celebrity, he is skipping the line because he is paying $400 for a bottle of $25 Vodka. Nothing more, nothing less.

chollowa
05-16-2005, 05:07 PM
I always thought he looked like a condescending prick, It's unfortunate that my judgemental ass was right.

I say from this day forward, if by chance I'm in a tournament with Antonio (yeah, not likely) and I happen to bust him out (even less likely) I will do his little chump ass wave as he carries his sorry feminine shirt wearing ass to the rail.

curtains
05-16-2005, 05:13 PM
I can't believe that this article was published in this new magazine. It's maybe the most offensive article I've ever seen in my life. My sister actually alerted me to it, she just couldn't believe that something like this was actually in a poker magazine.

maryfield48
05-16-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm in my forties, and am not American. So I've only ever used the word 'tool' to mean:
(a) things that you fix broken stuff with; and (occasionally)
(b) something you do in a small British sports car, like an MG.

But I gotta say that the magician comes off here as a fucking tool of the highest order.

PokerProdigy
05-16-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always thought he looked like a condescending prick, It's unfortunate that my judgemental ass was right.

I say from this day forward, if by chance I'm in a tournament with Antonio (yeah, not likely) and I happen to bust him out (even less likely) I will do his little chump ass wave as he carries his sorry feminine shirt wearing ass to the rail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mac
05-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Had to change my avatar in honor of this great find.. Thank you sir

- MAC

PuckNPoker
05-17-2005, 04:32 PM
It gets worse:

http://www.magicantonio.com/rocks-n-rings.php

You can thank Paul Philips for pointing me to Antonios website.

meow_meow
05-17-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It gets worse:

http://www.magicantonio.com/rocks-n-rings.php

You can thank Paul Philips for pointing me to Antonios website.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe he actually had that put up on his website. I only vomited in my mouth a little when I read the first article, but for the website I had to reach for a bucket.

What a complete, utter moron.

People who rag on Dan N. constantly need to readjust and re-aim. How completely naive, insulated and just plain dumb does wave-boy have to be not to realize how he's coming off?

Brock Landers
05-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Maybe the only thing Phil Hellmuth has ever said that I agree with was when he said to Antonio something to effect,"show some class and stop waving your hands and shake my hand".
He needs to get off his high horse. Maybe hitting the weight room wouldn't hurt either. At 5'10" and 140lbs (my estimate), he better watch his cockiness. I bet even most of the 2+2ers could kick his ass.

Hauser_III
05-17-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the only thing Phil Hellmuth has ever said that I agree with was when he said to Antonio something to effect,"show some class and stop waving your hands and shake my hand".

[/ QUOTE ]

And Phil's comment would have had a lot more impact if Phil hadn't been acting like his normal immature jerk self prior to making that comment to "wave boy." After having seen Esfandiari on several shows since then, though, I've got to agree that neither one of them has much class at all.