Lou Reed - Rock n Roll Animal

The Who - Live at the Isle of Wight 1970

The Meat Puppets - Live in Montana

Various - Bob Dylan 25th Anniversary Concert

JG

09-05-2001, 04:21 PM
natedogg

09-05-2001, 09:29 PM
... I mean I think I'm almost as old as Mason ||gasp||.

Okay, Geary gives some good looking choices here. I'm sure they're somwhow warped by the heat, but we all like Velvet Underground and stuff. Okay. But if you want to feel like you're kicking back, sipping a glass of red wine at a little round cafe table in a small Italian hill town (Yes even UPNI people might find themselves in such a place.), then try "The Best of Paolo Conte." I have no idea if all these songs are live, but who really cares. Check it out. Check the reviews on Amazon for more. Ahhh, let's just relax a little.

btw, Bob Marley was pretty good live too.

09-05-2001, 09:32 PM
I posted something which doesn't seem to be showing up. But from past experience I suspect it will. Anyway, it always helps when I can spell my own name right. :-/

09-06-2001, 12:19 AM
Nighthawks at the Diner

Live at Leeds

Mardi Gras in Montreux

Delaney & Bonnie & Friends

And all those Perry Como albums that John borrowed.

09-06-2001, 02:22 AM
Does Nighthawks count seeing as how it was original material recorded live? (i think). btw, the Leeds reissue was my alltime fave live til I got IoW. They just completely blow the doors off that show and you get a glimpse of how great a kickass band can be when they hit on all cylinders as they did then. IoW is same concept with Who's Next outtakes thrown in. I've been trying to pickup every decent boot from that three year or so span (69-72) that I can. Great band at it's playing and creative peak.

JG

09-06-2001, 07:34 AM
Jim I wonder what happened to these bands..I know some still release new material but it just doesnt get played commercially.. I`m so tired of these boy bands and pop bands..They all sound pathetically alike .. Many years ago much of the music was so varied in sound and structure ,but not now.. On occassion I`ll be going through toronto and hear some really good new rock from older bands but in the community I live its very sterile garbage as in most places.. I must ad Procol Harums live album With Edmonton Symphony to your list...

jg

09-06-2001, 09:50 AM
Is anyone still making real live albums today?

(I love it when a techno "band" "takes the stage" and "plays live"!...)

09-06-2001, 12:40 PM
Cause I knew I'd feel differently within 24 hours. I already regret not putting on the first half of the police live album and the Beatles live at the BBC shows that before they were pop geniuses and conceptual album geniuses they were the world's greatest chuck berry cover band.

JG

09-06-2001, 02:43 PM
The expanded version of UFO's "Strangers In The Night" that was recently released is the best live album I've ever heard; cept maybe for sundry Zep boots.

AC/DC's "Live At The Atlantic Studios" & the soundtrack of "Let There Be Rock" are far superior to their official live albums.

Then there's KISS, who's "live"[giggle] albums sound better than their early studio albums.

Ted Nugent's live albums get points for sheer rawness and lack of overdubs.

Guilty pleasures: Judas Priest's "Unleashed In The East" & the Stones' "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out". Killer version of "Street Fighting Man".

09-06-2001, 02:50 PM
Get yer yaya's out was probably #6 on my list yesterday. Future list: top ten zep boots.

JG

09-06-2001, 07:47 PM
OK. I'll check out IoW. I've never forgiven them for Tommy, but it's time to bury the hatchet. A quarter of a century is too long to bear a grudge.

09-07-2001, 04:07 AM
ROCKANDstonesROLLBANDINTHEWORLDtherollingROLLINGth e rolling stonesTHE ROLLING STONES THE ROLLINGstonSTONESit's THEROLLINGSTOtherollingTHEROLLINGSTONES!THEROLLING STONESSthe