PDA

View Full Version : Handful of Weak sauce??

oreogod
05-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Lot of LP-P and LP-A at this table, not enough hands to tailor more specfic reads then that. This hand too weak or played just right for the amount of ppl in the pot?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

River: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls $0.05 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.10 BB

fluxrad
05-07-2005, 10:45 PM
I would have played it the same way.

rafct
05-07-2005, 10:46 PM
I just check the flop . Too many opponents.

Since you are acting early and the pot is big enough so people will hardly fold to a single bet, I would consider a flop check-raise also.(if a bet comes from late position)

ArturiusX
05-07-2005, 10:53 PM
I'd check the flop, see what happens, then decide by pot odds to continue.

With how you played it, I'd bet the turn too; folding equity + tones of draws, we don't mind being called either.

NateDog
05-07-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm not leading this flop. A c/r from an LP bettor though sounds nice.

fluxrad
05-07-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

With how you played it, I'd bet the turn too; folding equity + tones of draws, we don't mind being called either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity:

What makes the determination that a check is better than betting out? I always thought this was where you use the axiom "If your hand is good enough to call, it's good enough to bet."

This is a point I'm fuzzy on.

oreogod
05-07-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I defintly knew I should have checked the flop. So many limpers and players down here Im not used to it. Raise preflop then checking, no matter the situation always feels a little odd. (I do it in most situations like this, and should have done it here, but ehh...)

KaiShin
05-07-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity:

What makes the determination that a check is better than betting out? I always thought this was where you use the axiom "If your hand is good enough to call, it's good enough to bet."

[/ QUOTE ]
On the flop we don't really have enough equity in this pot to bet out into a field of 7 players. Its safe to assume at this point in time that we're drawing. With two backdoor draws, we can easily call a flop bet, but betting out is just dumping chips.

billy51
05-07-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity:

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that axiom applies to the situation on this flop. A flop bet doesn't really accomplish anything, in my opinion. You have about 0% chance that all 6 opponents will fold, so you won't pick up the pot for one bet, and I doubt that you are cleaning any outs, since someone with middle pair and an overcard will probably call. I think I would check and see how the action develops behind you and then decide what to do. You have a decent drawing hand and the pot is large, so you can take a card off if you can do it cheaply. Check/raising a late position bet also has some merit, since that may actually clear some outs (while a bet probably won't).

I could be wrong, but I think the "if you have a hand that is good enough to call, you should bet" line applies more to value betting situations, i.e. situations where your opponent will call a bet with a hand that you can beat, but will check through with weaker hands if you don't bet.

oreogod
05-07-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

betting out is just dumping chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its an advanced concept Im working on.

Seriously though, this move is essentially lighting money on fire, or when u give a homeless person money. You dont expect a return on it.

btspider
05-08-2005, 01:33 AM
check flop

aK13
05-08-2005, 02:11 AM
Flop bet = bad.

i wanna be me
05-08-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not leading this flop. A c/r from an LP bettor though sounds nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

xenthebrain
05-08-2005, 09:13 AM
Bet the turn, you have twelve outs here and a little fold equity.

davelin
05-08-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I see no fold equity here.

xenthebrain
05-08-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In low limit many people always call the flop with almost any two cards, but fold the turn UI when further aggression is shown.
The 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif hasn't helped them here, so I can see a little fold equity here.

davelin
05-08-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In low limit many people always call the flop with almost any two cards, but fold the turn UI when further aggression is shown.
The 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif hasn't helped them here, so I can see a little fold equity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put the chances of folding out everyone on the turn about 1 in 30. The pot is decent enough that some draws can still call.

xenthebrain
05-08-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I put the chances of folding out everyone on the turn about 1 in 30. The pot is decent enough that some draws can still call.

[/ QUOTE ]

When it gets e.g. HU and you miss, you might have some pot stealing chances there.
Anyway you agree that betting here is correct, do you?

davelin
05-08-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When it gets e.g. HU and you miss, you might have some pot stealing chances there.
Anyway you agree that betting here is correct, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I'm check/calling.