PDA

View Full Version : Unopened pots on button at .50/1

Arnfinn Madsen
05-07-2005, 04:35 PM
So rarely does it happen that it is folded to you at the button at this level that I haven't gained much experience.

As a rule of thumb:
-which hands do you raise?
-which hands do you call with?
-which hands do you fold?

I multitable so I don't get very good reads, so assume you have no viable read.

shadow29
05-07-2005, 04:36 PM
I raise 66+, any ace, K7s+, some offsuit broadway cards.

I call very rarely (really just 55-).

[ QUOTE ]

I multitable so I don't get very good reads

[/ QUOTE ]

ruh roh

@bsolute_luck
05-07-2005, 04:45 PM
i had that same question earlier today playing except i was CO with QTo and sat there for a second. it was a tight table too. i wanted to raise, but i folded.

flopped 2 pair with a rivered full house /images/graemlins/frown.gif and all the villagers cried.

shadow29
05-07-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i had that same question earlier today playing except i was CO with QTo and sat there for a second. it was a tight table too. i wanted to raise, but i folded.

flopped 2 pair with a rivered full house /images/graemlins/frown.gif and all the villagers cried.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you already know that you should raise this oh about 95% of the time. (and this time wasn't one of that 5%)

MrEngenic
05-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Almost never call first in on the button. I don't even know
if I have done that. This is what I steal/defend with, around 35-40 % of all hands depending on opponents:

Raise with these hands on the cut off:
Any Axs, A8, Q9s, JT, J9s, pairs down to 44

Raise with these hands on the Button:
Any A, K7, Kxs, Q7s, Q9, J8, J7s, T8s, 98s pairs down to 44

Defend in BB:
any A, any K Q5 J7 T7 98 54s 97s T7s any pair

Reraise with your better hands, don't just call with TT for instance to slowplay. Make him fear stealing from you!

All better hands than above of course, J7 means you should play J8, J9 etc.

If the table is tight steal from MP3 with almost the same standards as CO steals. Any two cards T or higher, A8 and K9s do fine.

If the blinds are calling stations don't steal with hands that lack showdown value like J7. Learn to steal early at low limits where it's cheap, I play crypto 1/2 right now and stealing is key there. Good players steal with 45 % of all hands, strive to have at least 30 %.

@bsolute_luck
05-07-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you already know that you should raise this oh about 95% of the time. (and this time wasn't one of that 5%)

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish there was a crying graemlin 'cause i'd fill the screen with them. i just wasn't sure *crying voice*

itsmesteve
05-07-2005, 11:25 PM
I'd just about never call here and raise any hand i was playing. Hands to be played really depends on the blinds.

FishHooks
05-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I agree, thats one of the most important parts about gametime/playerview, when on blind steals.

Sarge85
05-16-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising "any" ace into blinds who likely defend far to much is a mistake.

Some Offsuit broadways cards?

which ones - if any big offsuit cards are the ones you want to be raising liberaly if it's folded to you.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Sarge85
05-16-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Almost never call first in on the button. I don't even know
if I have done that. This is what I steal/defend with, around 35-40 % of all hands depending on opponents:

Raise with these hands on the cut off:
Any Axs, A8, Q9s, JT, J9s, pairs down to 44

Raise with these hands on the Button:
Any A, K7, Kxs, Q7s, Q9, J8, J7s, T8s, 98s pairs down to 44

Defend in BB:
any A, any K Q5 J7 T7 98 54s 97s T7s any pair

Reraise with your better hands, don't just call with TT for instance to slowplay. Make him fear stealing from you!

All better hands than above of course, J7 means you should play J8, J9 etc.

If the table is tight steal from MP3 with almost the same standards as CO steals. Any two cards T or higher, A8 and K9s do fine.

If the blinds are calling stations don't steal with hands that lack showdown value like J7. Learn to steal early at low limits where it's cheap, I play crypto 1/2 right now and stealing is key there. Good players steal with 45 % of all hands, strive to have at least 30 %.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your range is far far to wide.

Quite frankly I don't understand how you can say stealing is important at Uber Loose Crypto Skins. They defend far far to much for you to be raising half of those hands.

Firefly
05-16-2005, 01:19 AM
I'd raise on the Button.
Any Ace
K8+
77+
high broadways like QJ and QT

That's just me, but i'd rarely ever limp and raise most yummy cards because of position

Aaron W.
05-16-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising "any" ace into blinds who likely defend far to much is a mistake.

Some Offsuit broadways cards?

which ones - if any big offsuit cards are the ones you want to be raising liberaly if it's folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blind stealing is a function of the following factors:

1) The blinds' preflop tightness (tighter = raise more)
2) The blinds' preflop aggressiveness (more aggressive = raise less)
3) The blinds' postflop tightness (tighter/weaker = raise more)
4) The blinds' postflop aggressiveness (more aggressive = raise less)

You seem to be considering only *ONE* of the four factors involved. If villain defends everything, but gives up on the flop unless he hits something, I'm raising just about everything (because more often than not, he misses on the flop).

Remember that blind stealing is not just about taking the pot down immediately, but it's also about your ability to take it down postflop. For a good discussion of this, see "Another Problem" in the short-handed section of HPFAP.

MrEngenic
05-16-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your range is far far to wide.

Quite frankly I don't understand how you can say stealing is important at Uber Loose Crypto Skins. They defend far far to much for you to be raising half of those hands.

Sarge

[/ QUOTE ]

Uber loose Crypto? I don't think you've played the same crypto's that I have. The hands above are my standard steal hands, if they defend all the time I slow down and steal with hands that have a showdown value. Remember, for many hands you don't mind them defending that much because if they defend with alot, they will be out of position with possible worse cards than you have. Also, if they call preflop, they would have to call your flop and turn bet as well. All you have to do is bet the flop, turn and check behind on the river if you miss and fold to a CR. That will go a long way