PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Day 1 Assignment

Teldar
05-03-2005, 09:44 AM
I am trying to find out when a player will know if he starts on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Do they tell you when your entry fee is paid or do you have to show up on Day 1 to find out? I appreciate any insight.

Thanks,
Jeff

Tee Dot
05-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi Jeff,

If you'r registration is paid with Harrah's you will get an e-mail confirmaing your seat/starting day.

If your entry is paid and you'd like to get in touch with them about you're starting day you can e-mail the Tournament Poker Manager, Robert Daily at rdaily@lvrio.harrahs.com
or you can also speak to Rich Klein at rkline1@lvrio.harrahs.com, he works in the accounting department and will be able to tell you if your entry has been processed.

This is my first post here /images/graemlins/grin.gif Hope that helps....

Teldar
05-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Teedot,
Thanks for the post. I actually qualified through Party Poker and rumor has it that they are buying us in in late June. It is good to hear though that I don't have to show up the first day to see if I'm playing or not.

Thanks,
Jeff

riverdance
05-03-2005, 11:26 AM
teedot,

can a player request which starting day he or she wants?

Tee Dot
05-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Mine was gereated randomly, or so I was told in the e-mail. So I don't think any player has any say as to what day they would like to start on.

imported_etojim
05-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Teder, I won a seat at PP as well. Do u know when they will sent details on hotel, etc. I sent them an e-mail shortly after I won and the reply said thet would post stuff 1st week of May.

Miradorph
05-03-2005, 06:01 PM
The answer is no. I found that out by calling the WSOP HQ directly, because I can play Day 1 on Thursday but not Friday or Saturday.

They were very friendly but told me that the entire scheduling is random to ensure fairness. Moreover, once you get your assignment you cannot get your money back, you are 'pot committed' nor can you transfer your registration.

MicroBob
05-03-2005, 06:22 PM
This doesn't seem surprising.

If you were allowed to request then certainly nobody would want to play on the first day. Everyone would request the 2nd or 3rd day.

Beerfund
05-03-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you were allowed to request then certainly nobody would want to play on the first day. Everyone would request the 2nd or 3rd day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? If you play the first day you would have 2 days to rest, the people in the 3rd day would have to play consecutive days. I would take the 1st day, get waisted the 2nd day and sleep the 3rd, but thats just me.

BISCO
05-03-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? If you play the first day you would have 2 days to rest, the people in the 3rd day would have to play consecutive days. I would take the 1st day, get waisted the 2nd day and sleep the 3rd, but thats just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

except if you become shortstacked on one of the last few hands on the first day, and then have to wait another three days (and pay for a hotel) just so you can be knocked out in the first hour when play resumes

bogey
05-03-2005, 07:10 PM
there are worse things than having to party in vegas for a weekend

ChrisCo
05-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Not sure how accurate my information is but the majority of the final table at last years event came from Day 1. I think only one player came from day 2.

Might be an anamoly but I would not sacrifice any ev in a tourney this large. And since when it is it so bad to have to spend an extra couple days in vegas during the biggest tournament ever?

MicroBob
05-03-2005, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't mind spending the days in-between either.
I would be very likely to arrive a few days early and stay a few days late anyway.

I guess I should say that MANY (not all) would be kind of annoyed to play day 1 and then get to wait around 2 days for day 2. Especially if short-stacked as has been previously mentioned.

Chief911
05-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Tee,

If a player had a request to have Thurs as their starting day because of religious reasons, do you think Harrah's would accommodate that?

Nick

TomCollins
05-03-2005, 10:24 PM
You gonna not play the final 27 players the following Friday?

Tee Dot
05-04-2005, 04:49 AM
lol Chief, I doubt it but feel free to give it a try

Tee Dot
05-04-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Moreover, once you get your assignment you cannot get your money back, you are 'pot committed' nor can you transfer your registration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 100% true. I spoke with the tournament manager about withdrawing from the ME and Harrah's policy is; no refunds on the 10k entry and no transfers. What they did do for me was allow me to apply the 10k to all the other events that I wanted to play.

So instead of playing "just" the ME, I'll end up in 5 or 6 open bracelet events.

M.B.E.
05-10-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can play Day 1 on Thursday but not Friday or Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm actually kind of curious whether they would accommodate you if for religious reasons you weren't able to play on Saturday or Friday evening. Not sure whether Nevada has civil rights laws that would apply.

Also, suppose your date of birth was July 9, 1984. Then you would not be able to play Day 1 on the Thursday or Friday because you wouldn't be 21 yet. In that case would they depart from the random selection to let you play Day 1 on the Saturday?

TomCollins
05-10-2005, 11:33 AM
My guess on this is that you would not be allowed to play, as you would have to register the day before day 1 anyway.

billyb
05-10-2005, 02:40 PM
is there any advantage to playing day 1 2 or 3 ????

I would think playing on day 2 or 3 since you would have an idea of what the stacks are like from the day 1 players.

peace
billyb

burningyen
05-10-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess on this is that you would not be allowed to play, as you would have to register the day before day 1 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can register up until 1 hour before the start of your day 1 heat.

Temp Hutter
05-10-2005, 03:52 PM
You have to consider the fatigue factor. Personally I would rather draw day 1a or 1b and have at least one day of rest before starting the potential marathon of days 2 to 7. The first days (1a,1b and 1c) are going to go at least 12 or 13 hours.

I believe most of the final table came from the first day of the split field last year.

billyb
05-10-2005, 05:29 PM
I guess day 3 would be the least desirable.

I am hoping for day 2 myself.
but for reasons other than you stated.
more of a nerves thing

peace
billyb

burningyen
05-10-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, that's the day I drew.

slickpoppa
05-10-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For people that have trouble getting off from work, day 3 is a good draw.

M.B.E.
05-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Next year, they should charge a $200 premium, which would be added to the prize pool, for players who wish to select their starting date, up to a maximum of say 400 players for each of flights 1a, 1b, and 1c. Other entrants would be assigned at random to each flight.

burningyen
05-10-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For people that have trouble getting off from work, day 3 is a good draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

For people who had already blocked off 4th of July week for vacation, day 3 sucks balls. I would gladly trade for a day 2 seat.

SossMan
05-10-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to consider the fatigue factor. Personally I would rather draw day 1a or 1b and have at least one day of rest before starting the potential marathon of days 2 to 7. The first days (1a,1b and 1c) are going to go at least 12 or 13 hours.

I believe most of the final table came from the first day of the split field last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems intuitive, but I think that it was actually the opposite last year. I'm pretty sure that most of the final table were day 1b'ers.
I could be wrong, this is from memory, but I remember being surprised by it.
I played on day 1b in the WPT event and it didn't seem to affect me on the subsequent days. (of course I busted out on day 1, so maybe that had something to do with it)

TomCollins
05-10-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems intuitive, but I think that it was actually the opposite last year. I'm pretty sure that most of the final table were day 1b'ers.
I could be wrong, this is from memory, but I remember being surprised by it.
I played on day 1b in the WPT event and it didn't seem to affect me on the subsequent days. (of course I busted out on day 1, so maybe that had something to do with it)

[/ QUOTE ]

You could be, and are wrong. Dan Harrington was the only final table player who started in Day 1B.

scottjf8
05-13-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Teedot,
Thanks for the post. I actually qualified through Party Poker and rumor has it that they are buying us in in late June. It is good to hear though that I don't have to show up the first day to see if I'm playing or not.

Thanks,
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder when PokerStars is registering all of us...