PDA

View Full Version : TPGK against a LRR -- Standard?

meep_42
05-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Villain seemed somwehat typical -- not bad, not good, but passable. Only a couple hands on him at the time, no real read until this limp-reraise.
CO and BB were loose-passive, weak-tight types.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

PF raise - g00t? bad?
Flop raise - g00t? bad?

No place to dump this, right?

-d

Jules22
05-02-2005, 04:14 PM
nice river! i play it the same way

brettbrettr
05-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Looks good all the way....

PotatoStew
05-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Looks fine I think. PF raise is marginal in my opinion -- CO might be a better spot for that to buy the button. Since you have the button already, I think I'd want to limp and see what develops.

Flop looks good - definite raise. Turn call is close, but you have the odds for it if you think he'll pay off on the river if you hit 2 pair or trips.

meep_42
05-02-2005, 04:23 PM
You're folding this UI on a blank river? (non A,K,Q,T,/images/graemlins/heart.gif)

-d

SeaEagle
05-02-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're folding this UI on a blank river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never! A LRR from MP2 instantly gets someone a FPS sticker from me. I'd virtually never fold TPGK HU against him.

meep_42
05-02-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're folding this UI on a blank river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never! A LRR from MP2 instantly gets someone a FPS sticker from me. I'd virtually never fold TPGK HU against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking, just seemed like the intimation of the poster I replied to.

I was raising if he bet the river, obviously.

(and yes, the LRR automatically generates a "retard" label from me, though the last several times at 2/4 and 3/6 it's been aces without fail in 3-4 way pots. People get crazy in those really big ones that trap you for bets 4+way.)

-d

PotatoStew
05-02-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're folding this UI on a blank river? (non A,K,Q,T,/images/graemlins/heart.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. I was just looking at it from an outs perspective, but the pot size could warrant a calldown I suppose. Do you think it seems likely you're ahead here with the flop 3-bet?

meep_42
05-02-2005, 04:43 PM
I thought I was behind until the river, honestly. But that's no reason to go into a shell. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was calling down from the flop. The raise was only to protect my weak made hand.

-d

SeaEagle
05-02-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the LRR automatically generates a "retard" label from me, though the last several times at 2/4 and 3/6 it's been aces without fail in 3-4 way pots.

[/ QUOTE ]
LRRs from EP aren't necessarily a bad play and, at least in my experience, I'm usually facing a big pair. But MP2? That gets them derogatory note every time.

Klepton
05-02-2005, 05:04 PM
when someone LRR's me, they immediately get the retard label, until i see AA or KK at showdown.

you played the hand very well, pfr is awesome, flop raise awesome, river bet and call if checkraised = yay

PotatoStew
05-02-2005, 05:05 PM
It was folded to MP2 though, so if one were in a situation where they'd consider a LRR from EP, isn't there even more reason to pull the move when folded to in MP?

meep_42
05-02-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was folded to MP2 though, so if one were in a situation where they'd consider a LRR from EP, isn't there even more reason to pull the move when folded to in MP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, the table was 8-handed at this point.

-d

imported_leader
05-02-2005, 05:25 PM
No because your much more likely to get called or 3 bet if you raise from MP2 rather then UTG. If you open limp from MP2 you are much less likely to get a raise behind then if you limp from UTG simply because there are less players to act.

SeaEagle
05-02-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so (but then I seldom LRR so I might not know the nuances of the play).
I only LRR when either my EP raises are picking up just the blinds too often and/or when my EP limps are getting raised every time (usually by a specific player).
By the time it gets folded around to MP2, I'm getting into steal position and I'm raising first in with virtually everything I play. I need big pairs in my mix of hands to help disguise the weaker stuff I'm open raising with.

So, IMHO, I can understand a LRR from EP, but I think a LRR from MP2 or later is just fancy play syndrome.

SeaEagle
05-02-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No because your much more likely to get called or 3 bet if you raise from MP2 rather then UTG. If you open limp from MP2 you are much less likely to get a raise behind then if you limp from UTG simply because there are less players to act.

[/ QUOTE ]
A much clearer way of saying what I was trying to say...