PDA

View Full Version : Look at these two hands for me.

Pocket77s
04-30-2005, 02:05 AM
2/4 Hold'em Ocean's 11 cardroom

Villian is loose and plays too many hands.

Hero is in the big blind with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Villian calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop comes: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (7SB)
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Villian checks, MP2 checks, Button checks. I was going to take one off to see if the turn card would be safe.

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif (3.5BB) Hero checks (with intention of raising) UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Villian bets, MP2 folds, Button calls, Hero raises, UTG folds, UTG+2folds, Villian calls, Button calls.

River: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (8 BB)

Analysis?

UTG+2 is a newcomer.
Hero is in LP1 with J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG+2 raises, UTG+3calls, MP1 calls MP2 calls, Hero 3bets, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 caps, every body calls. (32SB)

Flop 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls. (14.5BB)

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets, MP1 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds. (18BB)

River 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero calls BB calls, UTG calls

Azhrarn
04-30-2005, 02:39 AM
Hand 1: Flop's fine, but I don't like going for the checkraise on the turn. You don't know where the bet will come from, or if the bet will come. Just bet out. On the river, I think a check-fold is okay. You've overrepresented your hand a little, and they're probably not going to bet a worse hand.

Hand 2: The pot is ginormous, and your hand is vulnerable. You may already be behind, but I think you have to raise the flop. Do what you can to win this pot. You're not doing your hand any favors by playing it so passively.

ArturiusX
04-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Because it seems like you've check raised all hand, I dont think a check is that bad at all in hand 1.

Lower flushes/two pairs might be scared and check through, but they'll call one bet anyway.