PDA

View Full Version : entire thread erased

Boris
04-27-2005, 01:47 PM
someone started a thread in the WPT forum about Matt Savage buying pieces of players in WPT events. Now any evidence the thread ever existed has been erased. hmmmmmmmm.........

Ulysses
04-27-2005, 01:59 PM
That is ridiculous. That was an important thread. IIRC, the initial poster was just recounting something he heard, and a clarification with the details of what exactly transpired was posted in the thread.

Boris
04-27-2005, 02:11 PM
The only reason I could see for erasing the thread is if the alleged email response from Matt Savage was entirely manufactured. But then you would think that Matt Savage would just post on the thread that everything being said was totally false.

Voltron87
04-27-2005, 02:21 PM
The only reason to delete a thread like that was if it was based on complete hearsay and was unfair to the person it was about. If someone starts a thread saying "WPT pro X beats his wife" without any firsthand evidence, those threads should be deleted.

That thread should not have been deleted without a good reason though.

gumpzilla
04-27-2005, 02:32 PM
The reason the thread was erased, I believe, was that the original poster omaholicson started posting numerous threads all over the forums that were nothing but a stream of profanities, and he and everything he had written were taken down.

EDIT: Actually, given the nature of the posts he was making later, I sort of wonder if the whole thing wasn't just designed to stir up [censored], though it's still a worthy issue to discuss.

J.A.Sucker
04-27-2005, 02:38 PM
I wish that I would have seen the thread. Too bad.

Boris
04-27-2005, 02:41 PM
el D describes the situation in his recent post in WPT forum.

Ulysses
04-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Ah, that makes sense. If anyone knows Matt, would be great to have him chime in on the issue, as he's a guy w/ a great reputation and seems to have a lot of influence in these types of major tourney policy issues.

MLG
04-27-2005, 02:57 PM
About a month ago that same poster made accusations that Savage was not backing players, but was rather colluding with them. The posts also had some fairly nasty things to say about his past. Clearly those posts were inappropriate and deserved to be deleted. While the latest post probably didn't, in light of the former ones its a much more difficult decision for Mat I would imagine.

Boris
04-27-2005, 03:40 PM
I think the alleged email response from Matt was not posted by omaholicson. That's the post that surprised me. The OP in that thread was not very interesting or believable.

Mat Sklansky
04-27-2005, 04:03 PM
I have to apologize. I did not see this thread when omah... was purged. Unfortunately I have no access to threads which have been deleted.

Sorry,

Mat

Boris
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to apologize.

[/ QUOTE ]

np. The newsworthy parts of the thread have been resurrected by El Diablo.