PDA

View Full Version : Very weird AA hand - played correctly?

prepotency
04-21-2005, 01:18 AM
I ran into this today, I'm pretty sure I played it as well as possible, see what you think:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1365)
MP2 (t590)
MP3 (t700)
CO (t935)
Button (t770)
SB (t785)
BB (t770)
UTG (t910)
UTG+1 (t1175)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls t90, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t75.

Flop: (t307.50) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
So I figure I'll just bet something reasonable to keep a made flush from opening high but high enough so that if there's a made flush that they'll probably just min raise or do something callable - however, I'm 90% sure I have the best hand here
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t90</font>, MP3 calls t90, UTG+1 calls t90.
two calls, no raises, probably a K or Q flush draw out there and maybe straight draw

Turn: (t577.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t90</font>, MP3 calls t90, UTG+1 calls t90.
This was more of a testing-the-water bet and I was hoping to initiate some raising here - 2 calls? weirded me out

River: (t847.50) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, UTG+1 is all-in t430, MP3 calls 430, Hero calls t280.

Final Pot: T2140

Very strange hand for me to play. Do you think I played it correctly (or well) and what do you put them on?

TruFloridaGator
04-21-2005, 01:23 AM
Bet more on the flop, but you have a monster, AA + the nut flush draw. I love that kind of flop but bet about 1/2 the pot on the flop.

On the turn, I would bet half again, now you have the nuts(minus 8d7d). You're not going to get action on the river either here if they don't have a flush, so make the bet.

The river, i would bet the pot or even push, they aren't going anywhere if they called the turn bet.

prepotency
04-21-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet more on the flop, but you have a monster, AA + the nut flush draw. I love that kind of flop but bet about 1/2 the pot on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I'm thinking there's really no harm in not pushing them out. I mean, I'm not really afraid of the turn card here. I think 1/2 pot is just going to push out some hands that I want in this pot.

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, I would bet half again, now you have the nuts(minus 8d7d). You're not going to get action on the river either here if they don't have a flush, so make the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree that this is a good play, but I just prefer to try for a trap here. I was trying to make it look like this was just a continuation bet from the flop and try to induce some raising from a J or Q or K flush. Do you think this is viable?

[ QUOTE ]
The river, i would bet the pot or even push, they aren't going anywhere if they called the turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, the problem is, when you are pretty sure you have the best hand, what's the best line to keep the other flushes in on the hand? There's no point to pushing on this river IMO because you're just pushing out a J or Q flush.

prepotency
04-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Can anyone decipher these two players' hands and why they bet this way. I was completely lost during the course of this hand. Am I up against bad players or is this just weird or over my head?