PDA

View Full Version : Real Confused on this one, so I called. 10/20 PP hi

BeerMoney
04-18-2005, 09:30 PM
I feel like almost everyhand I play could be played differently, and is what makes 7 stud so interesting.

3rd st.:
Normally I don't play 3 flushes with 2 out, but I figured since I got a discount, and the 2 big cards made it worth a call. (Reraise?)

4th: My opponent only bet 10 when he could have double bet. I read that as him not wanting to pay double to see 5th, so he bet the minimum. I think if he had it, he would have bet double saying that this was a raised pot, or he would have gone for check raise.

5th street: Not sure, but 3 betting felt nice.

Rest of hand was routine, IMHO.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls

4th Street

Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

5th Street

Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises

6th Street

Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

River

Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

beta1607
04-18-2005, 09:44 PM
I agree with you thinking for calling on 3rd but raising in my opinion would be mistake. You are puting a lot of money in the pot with a very speculative hand and make it more difficult to get away from the large pot if you whiffed on 4th

I have mixed feelings about the 3-bet on 5th. If you bricked on 6th would you check/call or bet out?

TheShootah
04-18-2005, 09:51 PM
I like it, especially the raise on 5th. You are probably ahead and getting it heads up with the other guy seems like a good idea.

bigredlemon
04-19-2005, 07:22 AM
It's always nice seeing your hand improve every street /images/graemlins/cool.gif

PoorLawyer
04-19-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

3rd st.:
Normally I don't play 3 flushes with 2 out, but I figured since I got a discount, and the 2 big cards made it worth a call. (Reraise?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I would almost always play this 3flush for a completion with the AK in the hole (even with 1 dead King). Is this a leak in my game????

Would you play it at a lower limit where the players are not as aggressive?

MRBAA
04-19-2005, 11:10 AM
I make this call every time on 3rd. Having the AK is very valuable -- as you see on sixth when you make aces up. I'm truly not sure about the three bet on fifth. In general, I like your thinking of getting heads up where maybe a second pair can win the pot for you and trapping the dead money of the first guy. BUT even though you have a nine, he COULD have trip nines. Your read was that he did not -- but some players will be tricky and single bet when they do have trips. However, if he doesn't have trips, your four flush and A give you outs against two pair. So if you were solid on your read that this guy probably didn't have trips, it's a good play.

The rest of the hand, as you say, is routine.
We all play good when we're catching cards!

Andy B
04-20-2005, 12:49 AM
I think you have an easy call on third. If your hand had been live, I would jam with it.

Fourth street is a fold. You are obviously behind, and your hand is a bit dead. In particular, one of your Treys is out. And you have no reason to believe he doesn't have trip Nines.

Fifth is interesting. For K75 to have played the way he has, he should have a set. This doesn't mean he has one, of course, but he should. Even though you have caught a Nine, the guy with open Nines could still have trips. If either of them has a set, you're not in great shape. If they're both on two pair, you're in decent shape. I don't think your draw is worth calling two bets with, though.

Since you played it the way you did, and since the K75 failed to cap, I think you were right to bet it the rest of the way.