PDA

View Full Version : Stud SNG Hand

Gomez22
04-15-2005, 02:09 PM
Tournament - 7 Card Stud High (15/30), Ante 2, Bring-In 5 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

Seat 1: (1158)
Seat 2: (722)
Seat 3: (1299)
Seat 4: (496)
Seat 5: (952)
Seat 6: (436)
Hero: (781)
Seat 8: (556)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 3: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___calls

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___double bets
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls

5th Street

Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls

6th Street

Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

River

Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets___raises
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___calls

OK - This was my first stud SNG ever, and I finished in 4th, after getting runnered by a flush. My question here, basically, is whether I should cap this hand on 7th..... Something tells me I should with a boat, but villain's lead on 6th after I raised 5th had me wondering somewhat since he completed 3rd and paired his door at 6th.

Thanks for the input....

'Mez

Hauser_III
04-15-2005, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't cap. You've raised with a paired door card, and your final board has a three-flush, and the villain still raised you on 7th, which tells me he's not afraid of your flush or trip 7's/potential full house. If villain just had trip k's on 7th, he should only call, rather than re-raising, unless he's brain-dead enough to think that you're going to fold for one more bet because the raise means he MUST have the full house. Because he re-raised, I give him credit for the full house, and make a crying call. The fact that you asked the question, though, probably means that he didn't have the full house, and so you think you lost an extra bet.

Andy B
04-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Assuming that the guy with the King is apt to raise with a broad range of hands, your call on third street is appropriate. I see no real reason not to bet on fourth and fifth. The other guy should have trips in order to bet sixth street, so you can only call. It was correct to raise with your full house, but when he three-bets, he should be full, so again, you can only call. If he's an idiot, you might give him a little more action, though.