PDA

View Full Version : Final table sweat?

ilya
04-13-2005, 09:01 PM
17:30 EST $22 PLO/8 on Party....mrzarembsky....Table 1, baby!

Deuce2High
04-13-2005, 09:10 PM
I'll watch ya once i bust out of one of these tourneys. Pwnasaurus!!

ZebraAss
04-13-2005, 09:38 PM
STOP BEING LAME, EVERYONE. Ilya needs a sweat, damn it!

The Yugoslavian
04-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Once Ilya is done puking....he should celebrate 3rd!!! Despite beign disconnected for a crucial 5 minutes of the final table.

He's still my own personal hero....

Ilya kicks ass,
He surely will kill Comcast,
Because they suck hard.

Yugoslav

ilya
04-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Yugo's haiku sums it up nicely. I was a healthy though distant 2nd with 4 players remaining when my internet connection abruptly failed. By the time I logged back on, about 5 minutes and 3 aneurysms later, one of the other 3 players was gone, but so was half my stack. One nasty suckout later, I was watching the HU showdown from the rail. Oh wait, no, I was plotting to murder Comcast.
GOOD GOD, IS THERE NO RELIABLE, SPEEDY INTERNET SERVICE ON THIS UGLY PLANET?!

Thanks Zebra, Apathy, Yugo, and everyone else who stopped by for your support.

dfscott
04-14-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yugo's haiku sums it up nicely. I was a healthy though distant 2nd with 4 players remaining when my internet connection abruptly failed. By the time I logged back on, about 5 minutes and 3 aneurysms later, one of the other 3 players was gone, but so was half my stack. One nasty suckout later, I was watching the HU showdown from the rail. Oh wait, no, I was plotting to murder Comcast.
GOOD GOD, IS THERE NO RELIABLE, SPEEDY INTERNET SERVICE ON THIS UGLY PLANET?!

Thanks Zebra, Apathy, Yugo, and everyone else who stopped by for your support.

[/ QUOTE ]

After three days of "we still don't see anything wrong, Mr. Scott," and me saying "well, why does my freaking internet connection dump every night between 9pm and 2am," I finally dumped those jokers. My DSL isn't quite as fast, but it's been a hellavu lot more reliable.

P.S. Congrats on the 3rd place finish, regardless.

Blarg
04-14-2005, 12:33 AM
That's how I feel about it. Cable speed is great, but not at the expense of reliability. And cable has had decades to practice being completely unreliable. Just about every cable company gets in massive lawsuits with its customers. No thanks, not for something important like poker.

Oh, and grats Ilya.

EdgePort
04-14-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

After three days of "we still don't see anything wrong, Mr. Scott," and me saying "well, why does my freaking internet connection dump every night between 9pm and 2am," I finally dumped those jokers. My DSL isn't quite as fast, but it's been a hellavu lot more reliable.

[/ QUOTE ]

To defend cable, I have not had an outage that I have known about in over year. But I'm in Canada, and maybe just lucky. Although if I was playing poker seriously for the amounts of money some people on here do, I would get DSL and Cable. Unlikely they are both going down and for the cost of 1 buy-in (maybe 2 oe 3) seems like good insurance.

citanul
04-14-2005, 12:51 AM
congrats on the finish. comcast sucks man. i hate it. ::comiserates::

citanul

dfscott
04-14-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To defend cable, I have not had an outage that I have known about in over year. But I'm in Canada, and maybe just lucky. Although if I was playing poker seriously for the amounts of money some people on here do, I would get DSL and Cable. Unlikely they are both going down and for the cost of 1 buy-in (maybe 2 oe 3) seems like good insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cable works great, as long as it doesn't get overloaded. The problem is that the cable companies don't make any money by adding capacity. They only add capacity when they start getting enough complaints and lost customers.

Mine was great for years. Then, more and more people in my neighborhood started getting it. Gradually, my service degraded. I dumped it. Hopefully other people in my neighborhood will as well, Comcast will notice, they'll decide to upgrade, and I'll switch back.

Apathy
04-14-2005, 12:59 AM
congrats on the 3rd, sucks about timing out. By the way, I'm not sure if your looking for comments on your play or not but I thought that with the given stack sizes you should have been utilizing the gap concept and not limping/completing SB ever, which you did 3 times over the 10 or so hands I saw.

EdgePort
04-14-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Cable works great, as long as it doesn't get overloaded. The problem is that the cable companies don't make any money by adding capacity. They only add capacity when they start getting enough complaints and lost customers.

Mine was great for years. Then, more and more people in my neighborhood started getting it. Gradually, my service degraded. I dumped it. Hopefully other people in my neighborhood will as well, Comcast will notice, they'll decide to upgrade, and I'll switch back.

[/ QUOTE ]

The speed differnce where I am for cable to DSL is huge. Cable is just so much faster. Luckily for me, I live in an area where lots of people use satelite for their TV, so not as many people on Cable.

ilya
04-14-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
congrats on the 3rd, sucks about timing out. By the way, I'm not sure if your looking for comments on your play or not but I thought that with the given stack sizes you should have been utilizing the gap concept and not limping/completing SB ever, which you did 3 times over the 10 or so hands I saw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm always looking for comments on my play, so thanks. I would never complete like I was doing if this had been a hold'em tournament (unless I was trapping or what not), but I did it here because relative hand values in O/8 confuse me, especially preflop, once it's short-handed and I can't afford to wait for the traditional premium hands. I don't yet have a good feel for which hands are good hot-and-cold, so I was just trying to see flops before committing lots of chips. If the guy to my left had been folding more, I would have been raising more even without understanding my hands very well, but he was calling a lot.
I guess if I was gonna defend my play I would say something like, "preflop hand values run closer in O/8 than they do in hold 'em, so I wanted to wait until my opponent could make a BIG calling mistake before putting a lot of chips in."