PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad sad situation ...

ChristinaB
04-13-2005, 09:49 AM
GEORGE BUSH RESUME

1. I ran for congress and lost.
2. I produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.
3. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas; company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
4. I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox
5. With my father's help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.
6. I changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union.
7. I replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.
8. I became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments as president:

1. I attacked and took over two countries.
2. I spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
3. I shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
4. I set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
5. I set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
6. I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
7. I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
8. First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.
9. After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.
10. I set the record for most campaign fundraising trips than any other president in US history.
11. In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
12. I Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.
13. I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
14. I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
15. I set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.
16. I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.
17. I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
18. I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
19. I cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
20. I became the most protested person in the history of the world, when 15 million people worldwide, simultaneously took to the streets to protest my war policy.
21. I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.
22. My presidency is the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.
23. Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice has a Chevron oil tanker named after her).
24. I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
25. I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
26. I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.
27. I created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
28. I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.
29. I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.
30. I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.
31. I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
32. I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).
33. I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
34. My biggest lifetime campaign contributor, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
35. I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.
36. I took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
37. I, with a policy of 'disengagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.
38. I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
39. I am the first US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
40. I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
41. I set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.
42. In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.
43. I removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

Records and References:

* I have At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).
* I was AWOL from National Guard and deserted the military during a time of war.
* I refuse to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.
* All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker

tek
04-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Great post!

However, #35 in the accmplishments section is iffy. The shadow government had been established through FEMA and numerous EO's decades ago.

zaxx19
04-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Ya, great post...

You should type up an advanced one for the Republican nominee in 3 yrs bc chances are we will win again and you will whine again.

Be prepared. Like the boy scouts /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dead
04-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Seen it before, but still funny.

jaxmike
04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What surplus?

[ QUOTE ]

4. I set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is his fault how?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please support this argument.

[ QUOTE ]

8. First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great one. Do you think he doesn't work while he is on vacation? This is a total non-story.

[ QUOTE ]

9. After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, your idea of a Presidential vacation is ill informed I believe. I don't see how you can blame 9/11 on Bush. When Clinton had the chance to take Bin Laden into custody but declined.

[ QUOTE ]

10. I set the record for most campaign fundraising trips than any other president in US history.

[/ QUOTE ]

So?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

9/11 played no part in this I guess.... Or the recession that Clinton left us?
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain to me how this is his fault?

[ QUOTE ]

15. I set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.

[/ QUOTE ]

So?

[ QUOTE ]

16. I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is total nonsense.

[ QUOTE ]

17. I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your ignorance here is impressive.

[ QUOTE ]

18. I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's more informed than you? Also, these are not the highest prices in history if you adjust for inflation.

[ QUOTE ]

20. I became the most protested person in the history of the world, when 15 million people worldwide, simultaneously took to the streets to protest my war policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, there are a lot of ignorant people out there.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Context is a pain in your butt on this one isn't it. Nice deceptive "point", though most of yours are.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how you are defining secretive, but unaccountable is inaccurate. They certainly are accountable, its called elections.

[ QUOTE ]

23. Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice has a Chevron oil tanker named after her).

[/ QUOTE ]

So? The richest Congressmen/women are Democrats, whats your point?

[ QUOTE ]

24. I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true, and how is that his fault?

[ QUOTE ]

25. I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that his fault? And so did Clinton. It only came out under Bush... Maybe Bush got it to come out while Clinton let it happen?

[ QUOTE ]

26. I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO.

[ QUOTE ]

29. I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, the UN is a joke. Look at who is on the commission.

[ QUOTE ]

30. I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, the UN is a joke.

[ QUOTE ]

32. I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).

[/ QUOTE ]

So?

[ QUOTE ]

33. I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

[/ QUOTE ]

So?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be the most moronic thing you have yet written... yet...

[ QUOTE ]

36. I took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

[ QUOTE ]

37. I, with a policy of 'disengagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

The facts not only do not support your argument, they support the EXACT opposite of your argument.

[ QUOTE ]

38. I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your stat is wrong. Who cares what Europeans think anyway?

[ QUOTE ]

39. I am the first US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO.

[ QUOTE ]
42. In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, ok.

[ QUOTE ]

43. I removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lie. Please support.

[ QUOTE ]

* I was AWOL from National Guard and deserted the military during a time of war.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. I grow tired of this unsupported accusation.

jesusarenque
04-13-2005, 12:40 PM
What is wrong with producing a slasher B-movie?

tek
04-13-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lie. Please support.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called the "USA Patriot Act". Not only is the title an oxymoron, but it was prepared before the CIA and their trained goons blew up the WTC's. After the attack the pre-written nazi legislation was dusted off and shoved down our throats by legislators who didn't even read it...

Your turn.

shag
04-13-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lie. Please support.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called the "USA Patriot Act". Not only is the title an oxymoron, but it was prepared before the CIA and their trained goons blew up the WTC's. After the attack the pre-written nazi legislation was dusted off and shoved down our throats by legislators who didn't even read it...

Your turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your an ignorant f*cking retard. If you think the CIA was involved in 911 move to france. If you can find a documented case of one person... ONE GOD DAMN PERSON... who has had their liberties infringed upon by the patriot act ill transfer $100 to you on party.

Dead
04-13-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can find a documented case of one person... ONE GOD DAMN PERSON... who has had their liberties infringed upon by the patriot act ill transfer $100 to you on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

By November, over 1,100 people, mostly Arab or Muslim men, had been detained in connection with the government's investigation into the September 11 attacks and its efforts to preempt further acts of terrorism. The government stopped updating the tally of those detained so firm figures were unavailable. After refusing to make any information about the detainees public, including their names, location of detention, or the nature of charges against them, Attorney General Ashcroft finally announced on November 27 that 548 detainees were being held on immigration charges and that federal criminal charges had been filed against 104 people. Senior law enforcement officials acknowledged that only a small number of those in custody were believed to have links to terrorism. The immigration charges were primarily for routine immigration violations, such as overstaying a visa, and the criminal charges also were primarily for crimes that seemed unrelated to terrorism, ranging from credit card fraud to theft.

BCPVP
04-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Don't feed the trolls people.

Dead
04-13-2005, 02:00 PM
ChristinaB is not a troll. She is a respected member of this forum and a fantastic poster. She has also been here a heck of a lot longer than you have.

BCPVP
04-13-2005, 02:08 PM
The post she made was absolutely trollish, no matter how long she's been here. What value is there to be had from her post? If people don't like Bush, they'll agree if they like him they'll disagree.

Come to think of it, she seems to start threads, but as long as I've been here, I don't see her post much in response to other threads or her own. That makes her a troll.

This forum needs mods.

Dead
04-13-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This forum needs mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I suppose that you would volunteer? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

This forum doesn't need mods. It would be a disaster imo, with threads just disappearing and liberal posters being banned.

This forum is already moderated by Mat. If anything violates the TOS, you can report it to him.

But ChristinaB's post doesn't violate it, so you will have to DEAL.

kurto
04-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Anyone know the name of the Slasher flick? Sounds like a good reason for a MOVIE NIGHT.

BCPVP
04-13-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I suppose that you would volunteer?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell no.

[ QUOTE ]
This forum doesn't need mods. It would be a disaster imo, with threads just disappearing and liberal posters being banned.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good mods don't do this.

[ QUOTE ]
But ChristinaB's post doesn't violate it, so you will have to DEAL.

[/ QUOTE ]
I realize that. However, her post is still trollish and doesn't seem to have any redeeming value. Never mind the fact that she is wrong on many of the points.

ChristinaB
04-13-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Come to think of it, she seems to start threads, but as long as I've been here, I don't see her post much in response to other threads or her own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead
04-13-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Come to think of it, she seems to start threads, but as long as I've been here, I don't see her post much in response to other threads or her own.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BCPVP
04-13-2005, 02:18 PM
thank you for proving my point.

Dead
04-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Cheer up, BCPVP.

http://premierespeakers.com/photos/1180.jpg

jack spade23
04-13-2005, 03:10 PM
"ChristinaB is not a troll. She is a respected member of this forum and a fantastic poster." -dead

This certainly has nothing to do with you and her having the same views does it? Actually, you guys probably aren't exact copies of each other, but still...

PhatTBoll
04-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Oh nice, I guess it's "Post your favorite political bulk e-mail day." I think I have a real nice one about how Bill Clinton murdered like 35 of his bodyguards and sabotaged airplanes to cover up Whitewater and his raging cocaine addiction. Maybe I'll post it here and expect people to seriously debate it.

JoshuaMayes
04-13-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By November, over 1,100 people, mostly Arab or Muslim men, had been detained in connection with the government's investigation into the September 11 attacks and its efforts to preempt further acts of terrorism. The government stopped updating the tally of those detained so firm figures were unavailable. After refusing to make any information about the detainees public, including their names, location of detention, or the nature of charges against them, Attorney General Ashcroft finally announced on November 27 that 548 detainees were being held on immigration charges and that federal criminal charges had been filed against 104 people. Senior law enforcement officials acknowledged that only a small number of those in custody were believed to have links to terrorism. The immigration charges were primarily for routine immigration violations, such as overstaying a visa, and the criminal charges also were primarily for crimes that seemed unrelated to terrorism, ranging from credit card fraud to theft.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the administration is enforcing immigration laws more dilligently than it did before the terrorist attacks. What does that have to do with the PATRIOT act? The people rounded up and detained were in the United States illegally.

Felix_Nietsche
04-13-2005, 04:43 PM
"* I was AWOL from National Guard and deserted the military during a time of war."
Wow! Contact Dan Rather immediately!
You have accomplished what an Army of Washington DC reporters have been unable to prove for 5+ years. Prove Bush43 did not meet his military obligation. If they'll fly a 70 yr old National Guard secretary to NewYork I'm sure you'll get the 5-Star royal treatment.

Get your evidence and contact CBS pronto. I'll guess I'll be seeing you on the news very soon.

shag
04-13-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you can find a documented case of one person... ONE GOD DAMN PERSON... who has had their liberties infringed upon by the patriot act ill transfer $100 to you on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What mean to say was 'one INNOCENT person'. People commiting credit card fraud are not innocent. Also note it is not uncommon for terror cells in the US to use credit card fraud to support their efforts. If there is reason to believe someone may be involved in the planning or execution of terrorists acts our government has an obligation to detain them. Enemy combatents (sp?) are not entitled to due process nor are they protected by the Geneva Convention.

Felix_Nietsche
04-13-2005, 04:56 PM
The left-wing-black-helicopter kooks love their conspiracy stories...

I think she forgot to mention how in the Skull-and-Bone Society they had to commit a murder for the Illuminati and the Tri-Lateral Commision to be accepted.

The once and future king
04-13-2005, 06:14 PM
You only consider this a troll post because you dont agree with the content.

Calling it a troll post is just a lame way to side step the issues the post raises.

Dead
04-13-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh nice, I guess it's "Post your favorite political bulk e-mail day." I think I have a real nice one about how Bill Clinton murdered like 35 of his bodyguards and sabotaged airplanes to cover up Whitewater and his raging cocaine addiction. Maybe I'll post it here and expect people to seriously debate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the fact that the stuff above never happened.

Can you tell me what stuff in Christina's post is incorrect?

PhatTBoll
04-13-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the fact that the stuff above never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES IT DID YOU COMMUNIST. Gennifer Flowers' website says so.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you tell me what stuff in Christina's post is incorrect?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody already went through a point by point of this silly propaganda. I have better things to do.

Dead
04-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Yeah, Jaxmike already went through it.

I was wondering if someone who actually knows what they're talking about could do it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

vulturesrow
04-14-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I was wondering if someone who actually knows what they're talking about could do it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I could do it pretty easily, but why?

Dead
04-14-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could do it pretty easily, but why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't see anything untrue in the original post. We can argue all day about whether it is trollish or not, but I don't see lots of untrue things up there.

Jaxmike's responses consisted of a bunch of "So?"'s. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

vulturesrow
04-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Much of it isnt true or so what is the appropriate reply to many of the others. Frankly I dont really care to banter about some stupid piece of piece of propaganda.

thatpfunk
04-14-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get the transfer? Otherwise the OP (of quote) is a completely douchebag and fascist liar.

Dead
04-14-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
What mean to say was 'one INNOCENT person'. People commiting credit card fraud are not innocent. Also note it is not uncommon for terror cells in the US to use credit card fraud to support their efforts. If there is reason to believe someone may be involved in the planning or execution of terrorists acts our government has an obligation to detain them. Enemy combatents (sp?) are not entitled to due process nor are they protected by the Geneva Convention.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't change the terms of the offer 4 hours after offering it. You owe me $100. And make it snappy.

BCPVP
04-14-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A trivial one, but I don't have the time nor the inclination to go point by point and find a source for everything wrong with the OP.
The President did not "take the entire month of August off", and it is easy to prove this.
White House August 3, 2001 Press Release (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/briefings/20010803.html#the%20President%20will%20travel%20fo r)
[ QUOTE ]
President Bush is from Texas. His home is in Texas. When his presidency is over, he looks forward to returning to Texas. But he is not of the Beltway, he is not from Washington, he is from the state of Texas and he enjoys going home to Texas.

While in Texas, he will have a working vacation there. I was going to do this at the end of the briefing. Let me give you some information now. But the President will travel for approximately two days a week each week during his visit to Texas. The upcoming week, he will travel one day to build a house in nearby Waco, Texas, to participate in a Habitat for Humanity event.

The following week, the President will travel to Colorado and New Mexico. The week following that, the President will travel roughly three days to Wisconsin and other locations TBD. He'll also travel to Pennsylvania that week.

The following week, the President will have an event in nearby San Antonio, and you can also anticipate travel over Labor Day weekend to some unnamed cities as of this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that was hard... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
The reason you don't see anything wrong with ChristinaB's post, Dead, is because of the confirmation bias.

Cyrus
04-14-2005, 03:50 AM
Hence, the anger!

I'd recommend a month's dose of Doonesbury but you better start off with something softer, such as Air America.

zaxx19
04-14-2005, 05:47 AM
"the anger"

About what in particular? The fact that the GOP is at historic highs in terms of congreessional power>? The fact that in 3 yrs the supremem court will be packed with 2 more far rightwingers? Or bc we won a 2nd term of the presidency with a record turnout?

It must be very frustrating to be a liberal right now....

I guess these jackass posts and responses are a form of catharsis bc your whole world is caving in with the recent success in Iraq and realization that the GOP has really become the "majority" party.

In closing...SUCK IT.

You cant do anything and a H. Clinton run in 2008 will seal your fate bc there is no way in hell that ice bitch will win and we all know it.

So you can continue to tell yourselves you are so much more informed and clever than republicans...you can even delude yourselves into thinking you are more moral or ethical or whatever; but you will not have the luxury of wielding any real power anytime soon. So retreat to your internet boards, your college campus marches, and your in busines/out of business radio stations and pretend like you make a difference.

Cyrus
04-14-2005, 06:25 AM
Ignoranus, (n.) : A person who is both ignorant and an asshole.
(From The Washington Post Mensa Invitational.)

[ QUOTE ]
It must be very frustrating to be a liberal right now. I guess these jackass posts and responses are a form of catharsis bc your whole world is caving in. In closing...SUCK IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an amusing poster. But I note that you can still not refute any of the facts listed in the original post about George W Bush. I will quote them again for you pleasure.

I also note that your extreme tilt shows quite clearly who is in need of sucking a lemon and who isn't. Make a hole first.

<font color="blue">

GEORGE BUSH RESUME

1. I ran for Congress and lost.
2. I produced a Hollywood slasher B-movie.
3. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas; company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
4. I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox
5. With my father's help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.
6. I changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union.
7. I replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.
8. I became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments as president:

1. I attacked and took over two countries.
3. I shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
6. I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
7. I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
12. I Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.
14. I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
19. I cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
27. I created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
28. I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.
31. I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
34. My biggest lifetime campaign contributor, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
40. I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
41. I set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.

Records and References:

* I have At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).
* I refuse to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.
* All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

</font>

What a guy.

zaxx19
04-14-2005, 07:59 AM
But I note that you can still not refute any of the facts listed in the original post about George W Bush

Perhaps you didnt read my post...isnt wasnt an attempt to refute anything...

Im way passed trying to play that game with Liberals who have way more interest in feeling as though they are "right" or "bright" than me.

My post goes to the core of whats going on in America, that is a DEFINITE popular movement towrards the right, which is resulting in the roll back of many of the "progressive" gains of the last 25 yrs.

The pace of this "roll back" will only accelerate once GWB the Great packs the courts with strict constructionists who went through law school with portraits of Scalia on the wall.

Thats reality. Thats bad for liberals. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you, good morning. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DVaut1
04-14-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My post goes to the core of whats going on in America, that is a DEFINITE popular movement towrards the right, which is resulting in the roll back of many of the "progressive" gains of the last 25 yrs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This roll back sure is impressive! Abortions are now a rare occurrence due to the Partial Birth Abortion ban, which federally outlawed .002% of abortions. (http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/1/192004c.asp)

Terri Schiavo is alive and well thanks to the intervention of Republican leaders.

President Bush has sold the nation on social security reform, as an op/ed from this week’s Weekly Standard (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&amp;u=/weeklystandard/20050412/cm_weeklystandard/losingthesocialsecuritybattle_1) demonstrates. Here’s an excerpt:

“Washington (The Weekly Standard) Vol. 010, Issue 29 - 4/18/2005 –
PRESIDENT BUSH'S PLAN TO CREATE personal retirement accounts for Social Security, which seemed so promising a few months ago, is now officially floundering. Senate Republicans are now crafting a compromise proposal that takes personal accounts off the table. Meanwhile, House speaker Denny Hastert recently said "not this year" for Social Security reform.”

As this Gallup poll (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-03-24-bush-poll_x.htm) reveals (as reported in USA Today), the “DEFINITE popular movement towards the right” must be very enduring and everlasting. Frankly I’m surprised the Democratic Party hasn’t disbanded because of this “DEFINITE!!!!!!!” movement to the right. Only a plurality of voters identify with the party this week. Oh well, maybe next week voters will remember they’re on an unalienable path towards a new America. Here’s the tidbit from the Gallup poll, which is relevant to this:

“The poll also found an increased number of Democrats. In this survey, 37% said they were Democrats and 32% said they were Republicans. Last week, 32% said they were Democrats and 35% said they were Republicans.”

Getting back to the President, his approval ratings, along with the Republican controlled Congress, are now at stratospherically high levels. (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=653224&amp;CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312)

Speaking of the presidency, the ultra-conservative names floating around for 2008 sounds like the liberals should get their Canadian political refugee papers in order; names like Guiliani, McCain and Pitaki are the real captains of the conservative movement.

Hope the liberals get comfortable to the weeds they're already hiding in, because this movement shows no signs of slowing down.

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 11:17 AM
I know far more about it than you. This much is clear.

kurto
04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
One thing is clear... jaxmike is the authority on neocoms. He is also an established authority on anarcho-dwarfs and fascist-fairies.

Also... if you want to know about how things found in the natural kingdom are unnatural, send him an email. He knows it like the back of hand.

Felix_Nietsche
04-14-2005, 01:36 PM
........there are many things I dispute on this supposed resume. It is just not worth my time to dispute every silly allegation. Some of these allegations like producing a horror movie or trading Sammy Sosa are so trivial that it does not warrant a response.

If I find a particular post interesting, I'll respond. If I don't, then I won't. Christina's posts tend to be rather bizarre. E.g. When she made a post about US Troops using poison gas on the Iraqis. Most of her posts I consider to be troll posts. To spend two hours researching and disputing each point on this alledged resume' is just not worth the time. I don't know who she thinks she is fooling. She certainly is not persuading anyone with these types of posts.

Despite making many mistakes, Bush43 was re-elected. There are many legitimate things that Bush43 could be criticized for, yet the Bush43 haters choose to focus on silly conspiracy stories. This is OK with me. Despite Bush43's imperfections, I think he is a lot better than Kerry so I'm glad there are liberal kooks out there making the Democrats look like jack-**ses...

What Bush43 haters like Christina don't understand is that this kook talking points don't change any minds and if anything it makes Bush43 look better at the expense of the people making these kooky allegations.

Cyrus
04-15-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the contrary, there are many things I dispute on this supposed resume. It is just not worth my time to dispute every silly allegation.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Silly allegations"? Hah. I challenge you to refute even one of the items in the post!

We can start with the "easy" ones, about Dubya's "Resumé". Take any item at random and dispute it. (We will take up the 45 items of his "Accomplishments" later.)

<font color="blue"> GEORGE BUSH RESUME

1. I ran for Congress and lost.
2. I produced a Hollywood slasher B-movie.
5. With my father's help (and his name) I was elected Governor of Texas.
7. I replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog-ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.
8. I became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my father's appointments to the Supreme Court. </font>

Felix_Nietsche
04-15-2005, 02:54 AM
OK....how about ONE.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....who cares. &lt;Yawn&gt;

Utah
04-15-2005, 09:14 AM
I would refute many of them on the simple basis that the list's authors "habit" of attributing all the facts to Bush and by applying his actions as causing the results. There is a big difference between "I set the record....." versus "I was president when....."

Also, I would take factual issue with several items.

This is just another lame propoganda piece that serves no useful purpose other that to stir up the masses.

Utah
04-15-2005, 10:21 AM
4) It wasnt a sweatheart deal and Bush brought tremendous value to the equation through his incredible rolodex of connections. His biggest move was using his connections to get a stadium built.

3) Arbusto, Spectrum 7, and Harkin did find oil. Bush did not sell his stock shortly before Harkin collapsed. Simply go check the stock price for the time after his trade was publicly known. This is easily verifiable.

For 1,2,5 I would say - So what??? Why are these listed as some sort of indictment of Bush?

6,7,8 are only opinions since the reader is applying cause and affect that cannot be verified. Therefore, the statements cannot be deemed undisputable.

Cyrus
04-15-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is just another lame propoganda piece that serves no useful purpose other that to stir up the masses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

I note two things:

1. You seem a little too eager to rush to the defence of Dubya, considering your protestations when someone labels you pro-Bush. I wonder what you found wrong with the poor guy that caused you to shun him in the last election...

2. You are a mass that is easily stirred.

Utah
04-15-2005, 12:17 PM
1.1. You seem a little too eager to rush to the defence of Dubya, considering your protestations when someone labels you pro-Bush. I wonder what you found wrong with the poor guy that caused you to shun him in the last election...

I did not rush to his defense at all. I attacked an illogical list attacking him. Those are two completely different things. There are a lot of reasons for someone to potentially dislike Bush and some of those reasons are on the list. However, the list is obviously disengenuous. I would attack a list that did exactly the opposite - which such a list would be easy to create.

2. You are a mass that is easily stirred.

Duh. Why else would I spend time on a political forum with other retards. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BCPVP
04-15-2005, 12:46 PM
"3. I shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history."
Not in terms of the size of the economy. That distinction belongs to FDR. Only in strict dollar signs is the budget any bigger than many previous budgets.

"11. In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job."
Cute. Why not include his whole presidency? Oh, that might not look as bad....
[ QUOTE ]
Did the economy create jobs during President George W. Bush’s first term?

The answer is yes, no matter which employment survey is used to measure jobs. But a lingering controversy over which of the two Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) surveys is the better measure continues to cloud the issue. The survey of households, which contacts people directly, reports a net increase of 2.37 million employed Americans since President Bush was sworn in. The payroll survey shows a net gain of 119,000.

[/ QUOTE ]
Source (http://www.heritage.org/Research/Economy/wm647.cfm)
Nice try though.

"23. Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice has a Chevron oil tanker named after her)."
Ones like these are the "So What?" statements. For the record, I'd rather have a successful person advising POTUS than an unsuccessful. And the last part of that sentence should say "had" instead of has.

"26. I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation."
I guess WWII doesn't count...?

"29. I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission."
This would be teh UN Human Rights Commission that held such bastions of human rights protections as Libya, Syria, and Sudan...? Not to mention that this happened in the beginning of May of 2001. Hardly Bush's fault.

"43. I removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history."
Prove it.

"39. I am the first US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea."
Again, prove it. I'm sure when NK was attacking SK, NK was more of a threat than the US...

"9. After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history."
Like I said before, this is so patently false it's laughable. How's the spoon-fed Michael Moore propaganda taste, Christina?

AngryCola
04-15-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I realize that. However, her post is still trollish and doesn't seem to have any redeeming value. Never mind the fact that she is wrong on many of the points.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has plenty of value to me.

However, your posts don't have any.

I always thought you were the troll.

BCPVP
04-15-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure how posting a bunch of lies has value to anyone, but if it does to you, I guess that says something about you.

AngryCola
04-15-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how posting a bunch of lies has value to anyone, but if it does to you, I guess that says something about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

:whine:

If posting lies was against the rules, you would have been thrown in the forum brig long ago.

Yes, your upcoming response will undoubtedly be most clever, but I really have no more time to spare on this day.

BCPVP
04-15-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If posting lies was against the rules, you would have been thrown in the forum brig long ago.

Yes, your upcoming response will undoubtedly be most clever, but I really have no more time to spare on this day.

[/ QUOTE ]
What a cowardly thing to say...

partygirluk
04-15-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The post she made was absolutely trollish, no matter how long she's been here. What value is there to be had from her post? If people don't like Bush, they'll agree if they like him they'll disagree.

Come to think of it, she seems to start threads, but as long as I've been here, I don't see her post much in response to other threads or her own. That makes her a troll.

This forum needs mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think this is a troll post then, well, well I don't know what to say. Shame on you. Go to www.gop.com (http://www.gop.com) if you don't like reading anything anti-Bush, even if that post is full of rhetoric. This is actually one of the most sensible posts in this forum, it has political content and should stimulate debate, I really don't see how you could think it is trolling unless you are completely close minded.

Broken Glass Can
04-15-2005, 03:46 PM
I'd like to go on the record that I agree with partygirluk that the OP is not a troll post. It's a stupid post full of distortions and lies, but so what?

When people say "troll post" it is often a way to avoid making a real counter-argument. When people say that to me, I think "there's another liberal who doesn't have a brain."

Doh, saying "liberal" and "no brain" is redundant.

BCPVP
04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
No, I'm not completely close-minded. I feel it was trollish because it:
a) Had major distortions in it that the OP either knew was false and didn't care or is so guillable that she'll believe anything someone tells her.
b) Is so partisan that there's really nothing to discuss except how wrong she is.
c) Is meant to incite people. She's replied once to this entire thread and that was just to say "reply". I don't think she intended to contribute anything to this forum.

But if you guys don't want to call that trollish, fine.
I have no problem with people making anti-Bush posts. But at least have a point.

tech
04-15-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant move, IMO.

partygirluk
04-15-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not completely close-minded. I feel it was trollish because it:
a) Had major distortions in it that the OP either knew was false and didn't care or is so guillable that she'll believe anything someone tells her.
b) Is so partisan that there's really nothing to discuss except how wrong she is.
c) Is meant to incite people. She's replied once to this entire thread and that was just to say "reply". I don't think she intended to contribute anything to this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) Is there anything actually false in it. There is a difference between looking at the truth from a strange angle a la M*****l M***e and outright falsehoods.

b) I think 90% of posts in this forum of extremely partisan.

c) I think 90% of posts in this forum are meant to incite people.

Having said that, I think that generic lists like this serve little purpose. Lots of it does seem to be based on speculation, or very one sided. I am no fan of Bush, but this is one of the weakest attacks on him. Unfortunately, as the aforementioned have shown, such rhetoric is highly successful.

BCPVP
04-17-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a) Is there anything actually false in it. There is a difference between looking at the truth from a strange angle a la M*****l M***e and outright falsehoods.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and I as well as others have begun listing them.

[ QUOTE ]
b) I think 90% of posts in this forum of extremely partisan.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps, but this is different, I think. If I made a thread and all it said was I like GWB, what point would it serve? It's just a waste of space, imo.

[ QUOTE ]
c) I think 90% of posts in this forum are meant to incite people.

[/ QUOTE ]
And this is not bad, in and of itself. But the context is such that it is meant to inflame people and nothing else. I think that's adds to the trollishness. That is my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that generic lists like this serve little purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is my biggest problem with these kind of threads.