PDA

View Full Version : why would he do that ?

theredpill5
04-11-2005, 11:59 PM
YOu guys who believe that strength means weakness don't know what you are talking about. Quit spouting bullshit on the forum.

Hero has TT

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
check
check
I bet $2
BB pushes all-in for $13

Yeah sure...he's pushing all-in here with an overpair. He's pushing all-in with a flush draw. Why would he play a straight like this.

Bullshit.

He had 2 4 for the straight. So much for maximizing value. Trust me. At low stakes, they push all-in at any time with the nuts because they believe they will get called.

Allinlife
04-12-2005, 12:02 AM
being result oriented sucks. how come you didn't raise preflop?

Wayfare
04-12-2005, 12:13 AM
You ever consider giving up poker?

FlashFunk
04-12-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At low stakes, they push all-in at any time with the nuts because they know they will get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

theredpill5
04-12-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm never giving up poker. I'm too good at it. I took some advice from a guy on here who said that strength means weakness and bullshit like that. Can't remember who it was.

I folded to an all-in with a 9 9 X flop and he said call that [censored]. Yeah right dude. whatever

BobboFitos
04-12-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You ever consider giving up poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wayfare is an educated dude.

Allinlife
04-12-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm never giving up poker. I'm too good at it. I took some advice from a guy on here who said that strength means weakness and bullshit like that. Can't remember who it was.

I folded to an all-in with a 9 9 X flop and he said call that [censored]. Yeah right dude. whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is about making the play that figures to have the maximum positive expected value/minimzing -EV. Many advices you get from posting here will often lead to just that.

These plays come from general assumptoins on opponents range of hands given preflop action/flop action/ reads on villan. They are rarely 100% correct but they often lead us to the what figures to be the best move vs his range of hands. Stop going "he had xx, you bastards" everytime you lose a pot because over the long run, most of advices will save you/earn you more money.

Please stop posting hands if you are going to say "BS you are wrong" to replies people give you, instead try to express your disagreement backed by logical reasoning in respectful manner.

zaxx19
04-12-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
YOu guys who believe that strength means weakness don't know what you are talking about. Quit spouting bullshit on the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ever said this on this forum?

I mean strenght means weakness is a formula for someone acting with tells live...

mason55
04-12-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ever said this on this forum?

I mean strenght means weakness is a formula for someone acting with tells live...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i mean people talk about pulling the move of honor around here all the time. everyone talks about playing hands fast and not trying to slow play. generally the only time anyone advises to push draws is when they're monsters, such as oesfd or tp nut flush draw, when you actually have >50% equity. Any two overs that are clubs are ahead of you here. There's many hands you're behind to here.

zaxx19
04-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Wait did you raise preflop....if not just stfu bc you didnt protect your 10-10 anyway and SHOULD expect any goddamn hand at these limits.

theredpill5
04-12-2005, 01:00 AM
you don't raise TT preflop, retard. It isn't that good. Any good NL player knows that you play TT for set value.

stealyourface
04-12-2005, 01:03 AM
[quoteyou don't raise TT preflop, retard. It isn't that good. Any good NL player knows that you play TT for set value.

[/ QUOTE ]

please play poker with me... please please please

theredpill5
04-12-2005, 01:04 AM
I guarantee that if I posted this and told you that I folded to his reraise all-in on the flop, you would say that I was crazy. You would say that there are a lot of hands that you beat here....yada yada yada

theredpill5
04-12-2005, 01:05 AM
I'll play poker with you Mr. STeal. You only have 21 posts. You probably suck.

stealyourface
04-12-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll play poker with you Mr. STeal. You only have 21 posts. You probably suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. contrary to your belief, posting on 2+2 does not make you a good poker player.

2. I can't believe i actually need to explain this to you... you need to raise 10-10 preflop to protect it. When you limp with a good hand, bad hands see cheap flops and blinds see free flops. Hands like 2-4 fold to raises.

3. What is your party name? because i would love to play with you.

theredpill5
04-12-2005, 01:15 AM
I rarely play on party. Even if you were capable of taking my stack which I highly doubt, I would actually ruin your EV for the day since you would spend the whole day trying to get a rock's stack. LOL. Go mess with a LAG. And don't forget to finish your Math homework

DrPublo
04-12-2005, 01:27 AM
I am so tired of reading your posts.

The Doc

Edit: You are the worst poster on this forum, consistently.

theredpill5
04-12-2005, 01:34 AM
yeah right. You love me and you know it.

onehandfold
04-12-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am so tired of reading your posts.

Edit: You are the worst poster on this forum, consistently.

[/ QUOTE ]

For so many posts, how are you still so weak-tight, pill?

maybe he put you on an overpair since you made some sort of bet...and since you dont play many hands, he figured you'd call an all in bet.

theredpill5
04-12-2005, 04:13 AM
Explain how this makes me weak-tight ? You mean limping in with TT ? A very good player that I know, limps in with TT , too. He's qualified for the WPT twice and has recently monied. He monied in the Aruba Classic for $10,000 . He plays TT the same way. This was only the 5th hand since I had sat down. You are giving these guys too much credit. He plays .10/.25 NL and just bets big whenever he hits the nuts. That simple but I didn't know it when I sat down. I figured it out after watching him for 30 minutes.

theredpill5
04-12-2005, 04:19 AM
Anyone who raises TT is wasting their money. It has to be a leak. You have 4 overcards to this that you have to dodge. Come on.

Sponger15SB
04-12-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who raises TT is wasting their money. It has to be a leak. You have 4 overcards to this that you have to dodge. Come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

PFR %

TT 63.64%
99 59.09%
88 23.08%

Oh yeah, and just because you have 99, and you raise preflop, and the flop comes J 7 2 doesn't mean you shouldn't bet and that you don't have the best hand.

theredpill5
04-12-2005, 05:48 AM
You play 6 max. That's different.

bkholdem
04-12-2005, 06:12 AM
If you play 10 10 the same way every time ou are dealt it that is a mistake IMO. I sometimes limp and sometimes raise with it. You still have a lot to learn (as most of us do). Your problem is that you don't seem to realize this.

wtfsvi
04-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Limping with TT in EP is fine. Limping in LP is not fine atall.

thatpfunk
04-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Why would he play it like that? To extract the most money from you.

Wayfare
04-12-2005, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you don't raise TT preflop, retard. It isn't that good. Any good NL player knows that you play TT for set value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you hit a set with it? Bahahahah!

DrPublo
04-12-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post explains everything you don't know about poker.

The Doc

kurto
04-12-2005, 10:25 AM
"Anyone who raises TT is wasting their money. It has to be a leak." I once raised with pocket 4s. Missed my set, they checked to me, I bet. Got one caller. A blank fell. Checked to me, I bet. The last guy folded.

It must have been a leak on my part.

I sometimes limp with pocket 10s. Sometimes I raise them strongly.

You're funny, pill.

bkholdem
04-12-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

ScottTheFish
04-12-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Limp TT in LP and play it for set value.

2. Miss the set.

3. Go broke anyway.

Cool. I know how to play TT now.

kurto
04-12-2005, 10:46 AM
I actually sought out his posts on the Tournament section. After reading dozens of serious contemplative posts about theory, I sometimes like to read a few light-hearted posts. (Don't go to the politics forum for that!!!)

TRP posts are sometimes a delightful change of pace.

kurto
04-12-2005, 10:48 AM
"Cool. I know how to play TT now." Too funny.

You forgot an important step...

4. post hand on 2+2 forum and point out how stupid the other players are.

MikeL
04-12-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You say this, then complain that your overpair TT is no
good? Did it set up, here? No, it didn't. So, either
you believe that TT is a "hit set or fold/check" hand or
it is more than a "hit set or fold/check" hand.

You can't have it both ways. If you plan on playing it
as an overpair, you better be betting it pre-flop in
MP and LP. Period.

Regards,
Mike L.

DrPublo
04-12-2005, 11:18 AM
You are not good at poker.

Do you see why?

The Doc

MikeL
04-12-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Do you see why?

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how this helps the OP. Perhaps you could
post something a little more constructive. I hope
when I post my "I'm an idiot" hands, I will get more
direct help.

Regards,
Mike L.

kurto
04-12-2005, 11:34 AM
You don't know this poster. He has a history here. (for starters, he started as theredpill and kept losing IDs for his misconduct.)

Pill is a special case.

You can post 'dumb hands' and your receptive should be quite different.

DrPublo
04-12-2005, 11:41 AM
ty.

The Doc

MikeL
04-12-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't know this poster. He has a history here. (for starters, he started as theredpill and kept losing IDs for his misconduct.)

Pill is a special case.

You can post 'dumb hands' and your receptive should be quite different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mia Culpa (my bad). I am still sorting out whose who, here.

Thanks for straightening me out!
Mike L.

bkholdem
04-12-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you see why?

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how this helps the OP. Perhaps you could
post something a little more constructive. I hope
when I post my "I'm an idiot" hands, I will get more
direct help.

Regards,
Mike L.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that will happen too much. As you can see from some of his replies to earlier responses he was arguing with feedback offered. That is why I jumped in to bust his chops. I have found this site to be quite helpful, and as you can see from most of the posts (I've been reading them regularly for a year or so even though I don't post much), the responses usually contain feedback that is constructive. People are here to help each other and learn from each other. If you don't act like a jerk I seriously doubt people will jump all over you.

DoomSlice
04-12-2005, 11:56 AM
I raise TT 100% (90) of the time.

bkholdem
04-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Here is a copy of the response allinlife offered (up the top of the thread). It makes sense to me.

Poker is about making the play that figures to have the maximum positive expected value/minimzing -EV. Many advices you get from posting here will often lead to just that.

These plays come from general assumptoins on opponents range of hands given preflop action/flop action/ reads on villan. They are rarely 100% correct but they often lead us to the what figures to be the best move vs his range of hands. Stop going "he had xx, you bastards" everytime you lose a pot because over the long run, most of advices will save you/earn you more money.

Please stop posting hands if you are going to say "BS you are wrong" to replies people give you, instead try to express your disagreement backed by logical reasoning in respectful manner.

Sponger15SB
04-12-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, wayfare that made me laugh so hard.