PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 H/L Party Hand

mscags
04-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Just wondering if there was anything I should have done differently on this hand of if I just took a bad beat.
7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.5 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

River

Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

Results:

Seat 1: balance $85.74, bet $11.25, collected $25.5, net +$14.25 [ 3c 6s Ah 5h Ad Td As ] [ three of a kind, aces -- Ah,Ad,As,Td,6s ]
Hero: balance $18, lost $11.25 [ 5c Ks Kc Qs Kh 8c 4s ] [ three of a kind, kings -- Ks,Kc,Kh,Qs,8c ]

djr
04-11-2005, 10:05 PM
from all accounts he looked like he was going low. I don't see how to play this differently, although I am quite a poor player

bholdr
04-12-2005, 01:03 AM
fold on third. no doubt in my mind: you have a dead king and almost zero low potential against a door ace. fold it and wait for a better spot.

add to that the fact that you're out of position (behind an ace) and it's pretty obvious

Andy B
04-12-2005, 01:36 AM
Don't give results before people have had a chance to respond.

I think this hand is worth playing on third. With almost everyone showing bananas, this could easily turn into a one-way hand, in which case you're probably winning. With such weak cards to act behind you, I don't think I'd bother raising. I'd probably just call and see what happens.

Fourth street is tough. The bettor's board is pretty strong, and you're out of position. The other guys have garbage showing. I think I probably call and hope for the best.

Good raise on fifth, and I think you have to bet it the rest of the way. Tough break.