PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 of 8 tabling 25NL

NiR
04-10-2005, 02:42 PM
well today was my first day of 8 tabling. i played for abour 3.5 hours at night from around 11:30-3. i had 4 tables open from party and 4 open from empire all from the same computer. all 25NL.man its so freakishly hard to fit all those tables in a 15inch laptop screen. but i pulled it off. overall i had to first turn my aim off lol. and i started doing 8. after like 2 hours i was very comfortable. i turned aim back on and was atually chatting and 8 tabling. wow!! and also my friends had to call me to tell me im at their tables cause i didnt even notice lol. anyway it was a great session for my new 4 tables from empire. i made 10$ from party and around 90$ from empire for total of 100$ in day 1. not bad i think. it was atually a slow day. although i didnt get that many bad beats, i was barely getting any hands. i cant imagine how much i can make when i have a good session in both party and empire tables. well i am already thinking about adding 4 more tables but since i only have 1 laptop, i dont think i can. instead i will think about moving to the 50NL and multitabling their. although the last time i tried 50nl 4 tabling i ended up losing around 700 in 1 week. but i mad eeverything back so i will be giving it another shot in the near future.
well my advice to anyone who wants to multitable is first to turn aim off. you gotta slowly settle in the 8tables. once u do that you can atually chat and play. its very fast the process of settling in. game becomes tighter for yourself and you tend to not bluff alot or at all. just play good hands and good poker. play heads up agressively and tp tk passively out of position multiway. i slow play sets but only until turn. and well ya know how to play so i wont add anything more unless i am asked. so overall ithink 8 talbing> 4 tabling /images/graemlins/smile.gif more money!! i had a terrible day in party but i made it up with the 4 empire tables. day 2 is tonight!!! wish me luck.

edge
04-10-2005, 02:52 PM
You're playing 8 tables on one laptop screen? That sounds like a bad idea.

NiR
04-10-2005, 02:58 PM
im a poor guy, not much of a choice. but it worked out preety well actually.

Sakuraba
04-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Wow, 8 tables on a 15 inch monitor. I have a 2001FP and I can't imagine play more than 4 party tables on it.

I know you had a bad run in the 50 game, and it sounds like maximizing your current expectation is pretty important to you for financial reasons, but have you given any thought to maximizing your learning process? It is hard to believe 8 tabling doesn't stifle your development.

NiR
04-10-2005, 03:27 PM
ya i kinda figured that 8 tabling wont improve my game as much because i am not making plays. so i will be doing maybe 2 tables of 50NL to start things off like 1 or 2 days a week. just to improve my game. but i wont make the mistakes i did in the first run.

tree_stump
04-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Congrats getting your mind around 8 tables... I can't handle more than 4 - and can only do that now that I have a nice big LCD and can fit em all on one screen.

Speaking toward Sakuraba's point...

[ QUOTE ]
i slow play sets but only until turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do hope you overstated that... Personally, I subscribe to Brunson's theory - never slowplay a set, though there are valid situations where you can do so. Just nit-picking, I'm sure, but the development of your game will probably do more for your bottom line than multi-tabling will.

Sakuraba
04-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Sounds like you have already thought through it. There are probably other ways to make up for it (posting hands, reading books, etc)

I think we disagree a little on why multitabling would hurt you development though. I think it would hurt your game because you won't develop hand reading skills or learn general poker concepts as well as you would have if you could focus on the hands more closely.

I guess "making plays" might put you in some trickier situations that could help your develop these skills as well so there may be some overlap in our thinking.

Good luck.

NiR
04-10-2005, 03:58 PM
by making plays i mean, reading opponents in a way. if i can learn to read opponents, i can make more plays. although i think i can read opponents well even when i multi table , i know i cant as wel as i should. i only remember the obvious people. and gametiem+ helps me also.

Sakuraba
04-10-2005, 04:02 PM
"by making plays i mean, reading opponents in a way. if i can learn to read opponents, i can make more plays."

I agree 100%. I had stated writing something like this in my last reply, but I did not end up including it.

bkholdem
04-10-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm interested in going from 4 to 8 tables myself. Downloading and opening an empire account didn't cause any difficulties? I though I read somewhere that the party software would detect it and not let you open tables or something.

Also, did you use all of your real info for the empire account? What about your handle, is it the same, does it make a difference? Anyway glad to hear about your first day success. I'm going to get a monitor to attach to my laptop before I do this though.

NiR
04-10-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in going from 4 to 8 tables myself. Downloading and opening an empire account didn't cause any difficulties? I though I read somewhere that the party software would detect it and not let you open tables or something.

Also, did you use all of your real info for the empire account? What about your handle, is it the same, does it make a difference? Anyway glad to hear about your first day success. I'm going to get a monitor to attach to my laptop before I do this though.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i made a empire poker account in another computer. U SHOULD TO. my friend told me that u will have difficulties logging in if u make an account in your computer that has party. i might be wrong though. but i sugegst u make a empire poker account or with another skin of party with another computer. then u can just download empire in your computer when u have party and then 8 table or whatevr. i used the same info. i used my same addres,name, and even bank account. also at one point when i was opening tabless from empire, i atually clicked on a table i was sitting in with party. it told me that "you cannot sit in this table because we detected that u r already sitting at this table." lol. well anyway incase u want someone to refer u, "cough"me" cough." /images/graemlins/smile.gif. anything more u would like to know just ask.

pif
04-10-2005, 04:33 PM
it was 10 players? or 6?

NiR
04-10-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it was 10 players? or 6?

[/ QUOTE ]

10 players

bkholdem
04-10-2005, 05:38 PM
I would use u as a referral if i had 2 computers. I only have one, I need to come up with an alternate plan.

edge
04-10-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i slow play sets but only until turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do hope you overstated that... Personally, I subscribe to Brunson's theory - never slowplay a set, though there are valid situations where you can do so. Just nit-picking, I'm sure, but the development of your game will probably do more for your bottom line than multi-tabling will.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just watched a guy slowplay a set against the preflop raiser in a multiway pot on a drawy board twice. He busted both times (set over set actually, heh). If you're ahead, there are a lot of cards that will kill your action or make you lose the hand. Don't slowplay a set in the majority of situations.

Blarg
04-11-2005, 01:57 PM
You made money on Party and call it a terrible day?

Uh oh.

theben
04-11-2005, 02:18 PM
i think 8 tabling is taking it a little too far. why dont
just play 1 NL200 or 1 NL100 and focus real hard? (excpect when bonus unlocking)

four eight suited
04-11-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think we disagree a little on why multitabling would hurt you development though. I think it would hurt your game because you won't develop hand reading skills or learn general poker concepts as well as you would have if you could focus on the hands more closely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in a similar situation in that I'm multitabling party 25NL to build a bankroll. But I have made the decision to wait to start seriously multitabling, 8+ (i only do 3 now) until I am in some of the higher stakes. Currently I want to wait till 100NL but perhaps I will be more ambitious down the road. I wanted to keep a smaller number of tables to watch hands more closely, get used to peoples betting patterns and recognizing that sort of thing, and also to plug some of the leaks in my game. The poster talked about taking a few days at 50NL to learn and frankly I find that laughable. Im not sure enough can be learned in two sessions at a certain limit. Isnt there a lesson about sample size in here somewhere?

NiR
04-11-2005, 07:10 PM
well i am making great money from 8 tabling so i wont quit. but what i meant with the 50nl is that i will do 50NL couple times a week just 1 table and perhaps even 1 table of 100NL couple times a week. and when i play i play alot!! so couple times a week will add up. this is gthe best i can do since i am in need of money (tuition, bitches took my tap(2500 scholarship)away). but i do hope to move up to 8 tabling 50 and then 100. and speaking of my second day of 8 tabling. i played 1.5 hours. from 5:30-7:00. i made 30 in the 4 tables of empire and 50 in the 4 tables of party. ill start my real session at night from like 11-2. ill keep bringing up news.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in a similar situation in that I'm multitabling party 25NL to build a bankroll. But I have made the decision to wait to start seriously multitabling, 8+ (i only do 3 now) until I am in some of the higher stakes. Currently I want to wait till 100NL but perhaps I will be more ambitious down the road. I wanted to keep a smaller number of tables to watch hands more closely, get used to peoples betting patterns and recognizing that sort of thing, and also to plug some of the leaks in my game. The poster talked about taking a few days at 50NL to learn and frankly I find that laughable. Im not sure enough can be learned in two sessions at a certain limit. Isnt there a lesson about sample size in here somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

NiR
04-11-2005, 07:23 PM
well. when u do 1 tables of 100nl , first of all the variance is CRAZZYY, second i wont make as much. when i 8 table, so far ihave not seen any variance. although its only my second day, i can see why the variance wont be as much. i just make more this way. and i am all about making money, but eventually i wil have to move to 50nl multi and 100nl multi.

[ QUOTE ]
i think 8 tabling is taking it a little too far. why dont
just play 1 NL200 or 1 NL100 and focus real hard? (excpect when bonus unlocking)

[/ QUOTE ]

og5
04-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Good luck Nir. have you seen the thread about the guy that 19 tables NL100? Crazy stuff /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MarkL444
04-11-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for some this sounds impossible, for others this might be boring.

TheWorstPlayer
04-11-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
$10 says his next post is about a click on the wrong table costing him two $50 pots.

sourbeaver
04-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Wow you definitely need to get some new poker gear.
8-tabling on a laptop, that's epilepsy in a bag.

Interesting though, I actually bought a dual-monitor card to fit my 19" CRT with my Dell and I always end up putting the 8-tables on the Dell anyway, the CRT usually has the 2+2 windows, PT and the lobbies.

But seriously, 1600x1200 will absolutely be worth a couple BBs, both in actual poker winnings and mental health /images/graemlins/wink.gif

grouchie
04-12-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

But seriously, 1600x1200 will absolutely be worth a couple BBs, both in actual poker winnings and mental health /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just purchased a CRT (i'm friggin cheap) that does 1600X1200 and my lord, the difference is unbelievable. My old monitor i could do 4 with overlap and i didn't think it was a problem (i'd just sit in seats so i was visible on every screen no matter what) but when I started playing with good resolution I just couldn't believe the difference it made.

And, as a side note, I was in the store looking at monitors and the reject worker comes up to me asking if I need help. I say "no, just looking at resolutions" so he asks what in particular I was looking for. I told him I needed a min of 16x12 and he said "ahhh, gaming?" So I just smiled and said "yeah, kinda."
then the [censored] left me alone and I went and bought it at some other store /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DWarrior
04-12-2005, 09:26 AM
At least he didn't ask "hundred?", like one guy I talked to did.

TheWorstPlayer
04-12-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At least he didn't ask "hundred?", like one guy I talked to did.

[/ QUOTE ]
At least he didn't say "If you take off your sunglasses you'll be able to see up to 8 tables on this badboy and listen to your iPod at the same time."

sourbeaver
04-12-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

At least he didn't say "If you take off your sunglasses you'll be able to see up to 8 tables on this badboy and listen to your iPod at the same time."

[/ QUOTE ]

That would've been some HOT sales pitch.

IRV
04-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Wow, that sounds impossible. What is the model of your laptop. I can get 4 tables at once doing 1600x1200. How are you getting 8 tables on a laptop? What is your resolution?