PDA

View Full Version : Circling Pluto - Bully's in the realm

Mike
10-28-2002, 02:00 PM
There is a regular who usually plays higher limits but has recently been playing lower. His game is average with one exception. He is very good at attacking weak players - it must go with the territory?

I'm rather curious about this behavior because it's so obvious what he does. It appears to be exploitable and very punishing at higher limits. Any thoughts?

bernie
10-28-2002, 02:53 PM
i loved these players at an old room where i played. they used to come off a 15-30 omaha game into our 4-8 game. i treated em like maniacs. the table texture was usually str8 forward players, but they could be tight preflop to a raise, and especially a reraise.

one key...watch how the others at the table reacts to his barrage. youll see spots where you can take a shot and slow him down. factor this in with what you see him showdown with, and go from there. if he's primarily the only one raising preflop, its not as bad as a cap happy table. and if everyone is playing tight or somewhat passive with him, and only betting when they 'have' something for fear of him reraising. the other players will be that much more readable.

thats only some ideas....these guys can be profitable to your game if you know how to work em.

b

Al Schoonmaker
10-29-2002, 03:33 PM
At all limits you should attack the weaker players, but it occurs more at the higher limits. In fact, David Sklansky has posted several times about this subject. Look on the General Theory forum for threads on this subject (by David and others).

In higher limit games it is absolutely essential to pick on the weaker players because the others can be so tough.

Al