PDA

View Full Version : What the hell????

kamjah
03-31-2005, 05:24 AM
sorry, but you just have to see this. i dont know where to begin. i checked the river because i had a feeling he was milking me for a reraise. what he showed boggled my mind

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($6.15)
SB ($26.65)
BB ($56.95)
Hero ($96.6)
MP ($56.5)
CO ($21)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls $4.

Turn: ($12.25) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10.

River: ($32.25) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Final Pot: $40.25

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ac 6d (straight, eight high).
Hero has Qd Qs (two pair, queens and fours).
Outcome: BB wins $40.25. </font>

zaxx19
03-31-2005, 05:30 AM
For 3 minutes i reread this posting just ASSUMING he had A6d...then I began to fully realize the donktitude of this opponent.

kamjah
03-31-2005, 05:32 AM
i dunno, but tonight, i just cant get away from this crap

MikeL
03-31-2005, 09:33 AM
I assume you added this moron to your buddy list, right?

Regards,
Mike L.

fuzzbox
03-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Donkitude is a GREAT word

kurto
03-31-2005, 11:54 AM
I think there was a full moon out last night. Every table I was at last night (3 at a time) was populated by 'donks' (if that's the new word.) The thing was... the whole night, the donks were winning. The players you normally would watch out for, were all losing.

The biggest hand of the night... A player in early position raises to $2... he's called by one player, reraises to $6. The SB calls. The original raiser goes all in. Everyone in the hand calls... at the end, the pocket jacks and the pocket aces both lost to the SB... who called with a 10-5 and flopped 2 pair.

I'm not superstitituos... but if I was, I would say there was something 'special' going on last night. The hand listed above, seemed completely 'normal' for last night. I was calling it 'Fish Jackpot Night'... where it paid to be a fish.

etgryphon
03-31-2005, 12:05 PM
I got one like that but it was two nights ago on a SNG on the second hand.

UTG (Idiot) raises 2xBB, fold around to CO who bets the pot. Button Goes ALLIN, SB, BB fold, UTG CALLS! (remember this when you read the results) CO calls.

Results:
<font color="white">

UTG: Flips over T6o? WTF?
CO: Flips KK,
Button : Flips AA

Board: 79A 8 2

UTG: Triples up. UnF-in' Believable
</font>

-Gryph

btetreau
03-31-2005, 12:07 PM
Strange that you say that, last night I was also thinking that it was a weird night. I was playing in a 10-person SnG and two odd things kept on happening: This one guy kept getting QQ (three of them were over a span of 5-6 hands) and he got them a total of 6 times, and out of the 25 or so times that someone went all in, at least 20 of them were won by the shorter stack. People were flopping a set with 47o, hitting 4-to-the-straight, 24o lost to AA.... The cards were just coming in very odd ways, until someone made a comment to that fact and went all in with crap - and lost. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kamjah
03-31-2005, 12:44 PM
it was awfull. i was flopping nut straights with no flush draws. and getting all my money in, only to have a person with just a pair catch a runner runner higher straight. last night was just not my night.

The best is when i flopped top two with J10, went all-in, got called by a person who decided to limp KK, only to have the turn and river be AA, forfeiting my two-pair. (this is the same guy that busted my nut straight twice within half an hour with just pairs on the flop) I lost three full buyins to this clown.

swolfe
03-31-2005, 12:48 PM
it was the 30th, so maybe a lot of people got paid and decided to play some online poker for REAL MONEY

kurto
03-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Stop... you're going to make me believe in the supernatural. I should act, one of the 'donks' had pocket 10s 4 times, he always went all in, and hit a set all 4 times.

And I'm not complaining. I lost 2 buyins last night. I added 5 names to my buddy list. They were all the biggest winners... they all played over 50% of all hands, they would raise with A-6 suited, hit their six... go all in... get multiple callers.. and win every time. It was bizarre.

It really makes me think.. when I flop the inside straight draw... 4 outs... I should go all in, at least tonight. Because if I could shut my brain down and do it... I thought it would come. I just couldn't get the nerve to play like these guys.

Okay.. I'm babbling.

jtr
03-31-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay.. I'm babbling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Sorry to be a jerk, but it makes me sad when I see reasonable people veering dangerously close to a "party is rigged!" thread. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cheers,
--JTR.

kurto
03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
You're not being a jerk at all. And I don't for a second think things are rigged.

I know this sounds egg-heady... but I realize its a statistical probability that there will be days where the underdog will hit more then one would expect. ie... according to probability theory, one would expect a night where you will see a lot of bad calls rewarded.

I just wish there was some way to know in advance if its going to be one of those nights.

The problem is that after playing for 3 hours last night, I don't have any substative hands to post... all my hands were pretty straightforward. Like... some maniac raises (which I put him on an ace/broadway... he would raise $2 with high ace and $4 with a pocket pair... very readable) I call with pocket 8s. The flop comes 3 rags. I check to the raiser, he bets half the pot, I go all in, he calls. Turn and River both bring Qs. He takes it down with AQ. You know what I mean? We all know how to play them.

So, with no interesting hands, we babble about the full moon and such /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I expect to make it back tonight