4th: 13%
5th: 14%
6th: 12%
7th: 12%
8th: 5%
9th: 4%
10th: 3%

For those curious about variance:

Longest out-of-the-money stretch: 12 (had 3 of these)
Biggest downswing: 15 buyins over about 90 tournaments
ROI breakdown by sets of 100:
1st 100: 23%
2nd 100: 43% (What I wouldn't give for more of these!)
3rd 100: 16%
4th 100: -6%
5th 100: 13%
6th 100: 35%

Does anything jump out at anyone about my finish distribution/ITM?

Also, should I consider moving up to the $109s? I'm hesitant to move up because poker pays the bills, I'm travelling soon, and building the roll would take time, but it might be a good investment.

Finally, if anyone else has stats on the $55s they'd be willing to share, I'm interested in hearing them.

Edit: Bleh. I knew I'd forget something: the first 2/5 or so of these were two-tabling, the rest were four-tabling.

Mr_J
03-31-2005, 02:56 AM
Looks like you are aggressive on the bubble, and it could be a hot run since your've had many more 1sts than 2nds (it can't all be from just having a chip advantage or skill).

Numbers are great and I'd kill to have these after my first 500 at the $55s.

"I'm hesitant to move up because poker pays the bills, I'm travelling soon, and building the roll would take time, but it might be a good investment."

I'm guessing you are uncomfortable with moving up then? Will it add stress/worry, pressure to perform? Then don't move up yet until you are comfortable with it. Another way to do it is take the occasional stab at the $109s or mix one into each of your sets (so if you 4 table, 3 $55s and 1 $109).

I'd call this an opinion and not advice /images/graemlins/wink.gif But seriously, if you don't feel comfortable moving up then wait until you are.

TheUsher
03-31-2005, 03:01 AM
Nice stats. What's your nick? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, everything looks pretty good. Mix in some 100's with your current 50's if you want to move up soon.

slimbob
03-31-2005, 03:20 AM
Your first places compared to the second places are unbelievable! 7%!
I played more than 1000 SitnGos (mostly 20+2 and 30+3)so far. After 100 SitnGos 7% is no big deal but after 600 its very impressive because the first places make the money.
Any guesses why the number of first places compared to the second places is so high? That cant be only skill but after 600 it is more than a hot streak.

Regards
slimbob

Vish
03-31-2005, 03:26 AM
I didn't realize I had unusual stats, because I haven't calculated my ITM since I started playing the $55s. My guess is the extra firsts just come from having a chip lead getting heads up, as I'm not very good when the stacks are even or the blinds are low. Many a time I've been outplayed in those two situations.

slimbob
03-31-2005, 03:50 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
My guess is the extra firsts just come from having a chip lead getting heads up, as I'm not very good when the stacks are even or the blinds are low. Many a time I've been outplayed in those two situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats interesting!
With your ROI (very good) at this level and the high percentage of first places I assumed that you outplay your opponent with the same stack. So how would you describe your aggression below or above average with only 3 players at the table. Do you like to see the flop or are you more the all-in type of player?

Vish
03-31-2005, 04:09 AM
I'm fairly aggressive four-handed (maybe too aggressive, or just bad aggressive--I need work here), and extremely aggressive three-handed. I almost always push preflop from the bubble on, no matter how big my stack. I want the most folding equity I can get, so I don't mind risking a call from a medium/big stack (Come to think of it, this is probably why I have almost as many thirds as firsts). I _occasionally_ minraise to get heads up with a small stack in the blinds if I intend to fold to a big stack push, but not often. It's a very obvious play, but I get away with it at the $55s because few people have the temerity to push on top with nothing.

I also open push big hands, and show them if they don't get called to increase folding equity.

slimbob
03-31-2005, 07:02 AM
Do you play fulltime?
I think its no problem to play 600 SitnGos if you are 4-tabling and a fulltime player. So 6900 is a nice monthly income...
In expecting your 1000 SNG checkup /images/graemlins/smile.gif

slimbob

johnnybeef
03-31-2005, 07:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you play fulltime?
I think its no problem to play 600 SitnGos if you are 4-tabling and a fulltime player. So 6900 is a nice monthly income...
In expecting your 1000 SNG checkup /images/graemlins/smile.gif

slimbob

[/ QUOTE ]

so what you're saying is that making 90k a year (including rake back) from playing poker is a nice income?? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vish
03-31-2005, 09:29 AM
I don't have a job, and my sole income is from poker, but I'm much too lazy to play 600 SNGs a month. I play more like 200. This month, I only played 100. I have trouble motivating myself to play. It's not too hard to get by on 2k a month though. I suppose I should get more serious about it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

slimbob
03-31-2005, 10:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />

It's not too hard to get by on 2k a month though

[/ QUOTE ]
Good to know. I give it a try again and will report it.

ZebraAss
03-31-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not too hard to get by on 2k a month though

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you F'in Joking me?

Oh Man...my bad. I took this out of context. I thought he meant 2k SNG's a month.

...Carry on.

Cleveland Guy
03-31-2005, 11:10 AM
I am kinda similiar. I don't have 600 tracked SNGs yet, so I can't tell if I'm running hot or not, but I so far have seen a lot less 2nds than either 1st's or 3rd's.

I feel I have the same style of play - many people are tight when it's 3 left, trying to wait out at least one more place. I tend to get superagro here, and push with a lot of hands.

It helps cause many times I can steal a fair amount of blinds, which gives me more chips for heads up, other times if I win my all in i now have a big chip advantage against the other player - which I feel I play well.

I do get caught sometimes, and end up in 3rd, but I do feel it lowers my 2nds a fair amount, but if I can just get a couple extra 1st's per 100 SnG's it's worth it I believe.