PDA

View Full Version : AKs with some weird circumstances

zCereal
03-31-2005, 12:39 AM
my reads, mp1 is a fish , loose aggressive, a bb JUST sat down so no reads on him

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

i'm raisng here because i want a free card if i can get it, thought it was a good plan

Turn: (7.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.
i planned on taking the free card, but the fold made me bet here to try and steal, good line or no? and how about calling the raise? still a good idea or no?

River: (11.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

not gunna call down this one i know i'm beat.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

any suggestions on how to play this? did i play it well or was there some other line i should of taken. this marginal situations seem to be costing me money

NAU_Player
03-31-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my reads, chanshelb is a fish, loose aggressive, gutshotdeuce JUST sat down so no reads on him

[/ QUOTE ]

we need their seat positions not their names /images/graemlins/wink.gif

zCereal
03-31-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

we need their seat positions not their names /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops sorry. added it

sin808
03-31-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my reads, chanshelb is a fish, loose aggressive, gutshotdeuce JUST sat down so no reads on him

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh, ok?

I'm folding to the turn check-raise.

olavfo
03-31-2005, 01:01 AM
If you assign 1.5 outs for each of your overcards and ignore the 5s completely (since it may complete a flush draw), you have about 5 outs. I think this is a conservative estimate.

5 outs gives you odds 8.4 : 1 for improving on the turn. After MP1's flop bet the pot is offering you 9.5 : 1. As I see it, you have a drawing hand. Why not just call on the flop?

olavfo

rabman
03-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Here's my gut feel. I would call the SB on the flop and fold to a bet on the turn. I find that in micro limits it is very hard to get anyone to fold a pair. If I don't have a pair and no legitimate (sp?) draws then I'm gone. I can count on one hand the times I've won with ace high.

timprov
03-31-2005, 01:10 AM
You did the free card play perfectly, until it came time to actually take the free card. A turn check-raise is a disaster here because you have too many outs to fold. This is a clear spot for the check-behind-with-outs play. If you could safely fold to a raise, it's not a bad spot to try to pick up the pot.

KingOtter
03-31-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah, I don't like that flop enough to raise it. It's nice that you have a gutshot stright and all, but it's the back-end of a straight and frequently it would be played to a chop.

I might not even bother calling the flop here, but I don't think it is a horrible thing to do.

KO

sin808
03-31-2005, 01:59 AM
Getting 9.5:1 on a flop call with 2 overcards and 3 safe 5's I'm definitely calling.

I don't like the raise though either.

olavfo
03-31-2005, 02:09 AM
Oops....you have about 6 outs and odds 6.8 : 1. Even better.

olavfo

aK13
03-31-2005, 02:14 AM
I think that if you've made up the decision to go for a free card, you stick to it, otherwise call flop and reevaluate on turn. I'm not a big advocate of fancy play (specifically, changing my mind when I've already planned out my decision) -- it leads to leaks in your play because you haven't had as much time to think about what you're going to do if it doesn't work.

Aaron W.
03-31-2005, 02:22 AM
Raising the flop is fine. The flop is so low that there's not much of a reason to assume you're trailing here when LAGgy fish bets into you.

BB called two cold on the flop, so he might be on a flush draw, or he might have something silly like 43 and is playing it equally silly. I don't think betting that turn is so bad since it's heads up. Betting into a three way would be bad. But once you got check-raised, it's an easy river fold.