PDA

View Full Version : SSHE Question

matix
03-30-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm on my second time around with SSHE and am catching things I missed before...one of them is in the bottom paragraph on page 91 and continues onto 92. When it says play any two suited cards, does this mean play them anywhere if the blinds are half the game size (like when the game is $2/$4 and the blinds are $1/$2)??? Or is it just talking about the blinds?

Sorry if this is a bonehead Q, but I just wanted to clear it up in my head so I'm not making mistake after mistake.

Thanks /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BigDoggie
03-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Just talking about the blinds...

Pov
03-30-2005, 12:30 PM
There is nothing wrong with your question.

In games like $2/$4 the small blind is "half size" i.e. $1, but in most $3/$6 games the small blind is only $1 so to call from the small blind is 2/3 of a bet instead of just 1/2.

I don't have SSHE in front of me to verify this is what is being discussed, but I'm thinking it is from your question. Can you quote part of the paragraph?

OrianasDaad
03-30-2005, 01:05 PM
In the small blind only, and only in an unraised pot.

You need to get about 6.5-1 on your call, so you'll need 2 limpers plus the big blind to "draw" to a 4-flush. Occasionally, you'll get trips or a split two pair, as well, but not enough to justify calling with 52s with only one limper.

Suited hands from the small blind that have no ability to win by making top pair, and have relatively low straight making ability rely heavily on implied odds. You'll be folding most of these hands on the flop, but when you do hit, you'll usually be dragging a pretty big pot at the end.