PDA

View Full Version : When to slow down with overcards OOP?

thesharpie
03-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

I think flop bet is mandatory on this paired board.

Should I check fold the turn? Villain is likely to bet a flush draw that I'm ahead of here, though. If the board wasn't paired it's an easy check fold on the turn.

Once I do bet the turn and the 4th spade and 4 to a straight appear I figure I might as well try and get him to fold a seven or 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, probably a bad idea as other holding he's not going to fold are more likely. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

einbert
03-30-2005, 07:13 AM
I would play it the same up to the river but I would check/fold the river.

ArturiusX
03-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Check/fold the turn, easy check fold on the river.

rgb
03-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Does Clark's Theorem of betting out HU OOP when the fourth card of a suit comes on the river not apply here in this instance?

rgb

ArturiusX
03-30-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does Clark's Theorem of betting out HU OOP when the fourth card of a suit comes on the river not apply here in this instance?

rgb

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it only applies when the only hand that can beat you is a flush.

I think any pair or set will call here, so you probably wont push a LPa off this hand.

einbert
03-30-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

rgb

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it only applies when you have more showdown value than this. Given the action leading up to the river I believe your hand is virtually worthless. Villian can hardly have a worse hand so he can't call with a worse hand, and he has mostly made clear his intention to see a showdown (unless he was drawing, and if he was he pretty much got there) so trying to get him to fold a better hand has no value either.

DoctorDrew
03-30-2005, 09:17 AM
You are on a weak draw here. I would c/f the turn and c/f the river in this small pot.