PDA

View Full Version : Mutiple Mistakes in Same Hand?

waynethetrain
03-29-2005, 01:09 PM
No reads yet.

I generally don't like to lead out with overcards into 3 other players, but in hindsight maybe I should have considering I had a backdoor straight draw and the flop was kind of raggy.

I bet the river for value despite the straight possibility (not sure if that was correct).

I called the river raise because of pot size (not sure if that was right).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, UTG+2 folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

davelin
03-29-2005, 01:13 PM
I bet the flop. That was the only thing that was evident to me. The river raise sucks but I think you got to pay this off.

Isura
03-29-2005, 01:16 PM
I think a flop bet is pretty close. I would say your overs are still pretty good with 2 checks in front. Maybe 4-4.5 outs. Even so, I'm not sure if a bet will fold any hands that you want to fold here, and you don't have any redraws either. I think checking is better here.
Getting raised on the river sucks, but I think you have to fold to a raise here. I don't see many hands that you beat from a river raiser here (unless the guy was a known lag). The pot also isn't that big. A river raise here I'm pretty sure indicates atleast two pair.

Fishlips_Jones
03-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Bet the flop. The river looks like a bet/fold re: Clarkmeister's Theorem, no?

Fishlips

Isura
03-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Clark's theorem applies to flush draws, but the concept is the same: Villian will call more hands than he will bet with in this situation, so bet for value. It's a reasonable assumption that the hands he raises with are about the same as the hands he bets with, so the line is usuallly bet and fold to a raise.

waynethetrain
03-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Yea, I was pretty sure I was beat, but I was getting close to the 10-1 odds that is suggested for making the call.

MrEngenic
03-29-2005, 02:40 PM
I would almost always bet the flop in this situation. I would also bet the river in this situation and almost never fold to a raise.
I think it is better to check the river though except against calling stations. You avoid getting raised if he hits a draw and you can make him bet a missed draw as a bluff. But when multitabling, I would not have the time to think about that, I would have bet the river here.