PDA

View Full Version : bubble hand. good laydown?

bix
03-28-2005, 09:18 PM
The villian was a good player that played tight early and was blind stealing at the end. I saw him reraise all-in with two hands only and they were QQ and AK. I folded thinking that I could out play the shorter stacks as they were playing very tight and I didn't really want a coin flip. Was this the correct play? By the way this was a $10+1.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t4510)
Button (t2610)
SB (t2705)
BB (t3675)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t3825</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t4350

Unparagoned
03-28-2005, 09:40 PM
It might be important to know how you were playing so that we could get some idea of what he might have thought of you. However, without that information, I would tend to think that TT is the best hand preflop. I would guess that you are either a coinflip or you have him dominated. As such, I would probably be inclined to call. Does he really make such a huge re-raise with QQ-AA? JJ might be a possibility, I think alot of people will just push this hand cus they're not sure where they stand (and I might want to include myself in that group), but this push looks more like a middle/small pair that just wants you to fold. I dunno, the push just looks kinda fishy as a big pair and if you think it's even something like 1/3 smaller PP and 2/3 overs, it seems like you have to call. But then, I may be evaluating his hand range rather poorly...I dunno.

Voltron87
03-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Folding is fine here. You are very likely to be folding a 50/50, somewhat likely to be folding a big dog, and 5% of the time your commanding it. I never got rich calling 50 50s. If you think you can win easy chips off the other two players fold.

nWirb
03-28-2005, 09:55 PM
I think this will be a coinflip most of the time, folding altough it might seem weak is probably +$EV here.
I'd say it's a good fold.

bix
03-28-2005, 10:03 PM
I would have been more likely to call a shorter stack here, but not villian. He could have really hurt my stack and the other two were very weak. They would rarely call a raise, so blind stealing was pretty easy. Those were my main reasons for folding.

Voltron87
03-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Since you don't have much in the pot and are not folding what looks to be a big winner, folding is probably better if there is easy money to be made by stealing blinds. ITM though, 3 players left I would go for it, since the push would be +EV and you would get much less leverage over shortstacks.